Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I would live much longer if I could think about this like you my friend.
    It's just that when I have some of the records in a box set looking perfect and some not, I feel entitled to have them ALL looking good.

Your "sound" argument doesn't apply to my situation because I don't actually "play" most of these reissues for the simple reason I have multiple copies of the actual music purchased in the 70s on much better sounding AAA all analogue vinyl. The remastered sampled lps all have more bass but also have way less energy and presence. When you compare it to the original, it is enough to make you cry. The Harrison LP box set is the worst offender here IMHO. (For some reason, the Ringo remastered LPs, sound much closer to the originals.

I actually get "bored" listening to digitally remastered LPs. If your not sure what I mean, put a blanket over each of your speakers and listen away. - You won't be far from what I'm experiencing.

I buy the reissue stuff IF it is packaged in nice box sets - something DIFFERENT from the original. But I want it to all look new.

Critter and Maranatha5585 like this.
  2. I can’t argue with you there. So you’re a visual collector. I was in the record biz through the 70s and the look rarely had anything to do with the sound. Could look great and sound bad and visa versa

I too have some records I collect and don’t play but in those cases it’s the cover that is primary.

To each his own. :tiphat:

3. Smackswell

Smackswell Kossoff & Ralphs LA 76

4. Flipje

Flipje Forum Resident

0107/1000 ended up in the Netherlands! After paying 75,76 euro tax.. But I'm glad it finally arrived, undamaged!

mrjinks and Thomas Pugwash like this.
  5. Bootleghofner

Bootleghofner Forum Resident

Got some sort of reply today and I almost pissed my pants:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your Concert For George Deluxe Box Set + Test Pressings Box Set. Our sincere apologies for any confusion, but the test pressing portion of this order was intended to only include one LP, not four as the product description originally indicated. We're very sorry for the confusion and for any inconvenience.

As this is the case, the product you received was produced as intended.*)

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience and support,
    Hayley + Bravado Customer Care

I feel like I've landed in some sort of Monty Python sketch and if the joke wasn't so bad, I might have even laughed.
    At this moment I'm too outraged to even attempt to answer them, but I'll sharpen my knives for tomorrow.

So, if I order a package of 10 red shirts in XL from Amazon and they send me 3 yellow ones in S, it's alright because "it was produced as intended"????

*) I made this quote bold.

6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I'd dispute with my credit card company if I were you. You have a description of what you ordered, and it's NOT what you (or any other Test Pressing buyers) received. I bet your credit card company would support you.

Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, give 'em hell on earth! ;)

Mr. Explorer, theMess and forthlin like this.
  7. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

“As intended”? Was that “intention” EVER communicated? Was there ever anything other than “test pressings” communicated to consumers, or to anyone for that matter?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. Bootleghofner

Already filed a PayPal complaint.

9. Bootleghofner

And they took almost two weeks to come up with this bs answer.....incredible.....

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  10. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

My two cents - you would be entitled to at least 50% of the difference between the super deluxe edition and the edition w test pressing(s), as “pressings” implies at least two discs, or 75% of the difference if FOUR was actually stated.

This is really pretty crummy - to date the Estate haf not really done right by fans, but THIS is really doing wrong - what a rip!

11. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Good luck on this... I don't know if you read a few pages earlier about my messed up box set, and my emails ... anyway, it's amazing too... now they're saying it was for ONE test pressings ? That is not how I read it. Staggering...

I am still waiting to see if they are going to replace my damaged box... got an email today saying it is being considered..(?) Sounds dubious.. But, finally some response to my fuming letter asking for compensation.

12. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

oh.
    MY.
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

This cant be serious. For real. Im so pissed, I will send an message as well even if the product its not mine. Just beyond stupid.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Beyond stupid? Yea.

This is a real middle finger to hard-core fans, many of whom likely realize they are paying dearly -- i hesitate to say “over-paying” because value is relative — for what is supposedly a premium product...but without the quality treatment.

I think that “premium” perspective only goes so far, and they are cheapening that “glow”. I hope that the consumers start to digest this, and perhaps respond in a more measured fashion to future “over-priced” and “under-featured” product offerings.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    theMess, mrjinks and vitorbastos123 like this.
  14. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I'm jumping in as an observer I did not order the set but I am intrigued by what is happening here.

They misrepresented the product early on regarding the test pressings technically shouldn't they offer some kind of reimbursement or partial refund for this error?

forthlin and Mazzy like this.
  15. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Yup - see my calculation above.

MRamble likes this.
  16. I too would go after them for this. at least refund the extra $100. Make sure you have a copy of the original offer of 4 text pressing discs.

But do copy everyone and good luck. .

Jerry Horne and MRamble like this.
  17. Bootleghofner

Escalated this to a PayPal claim:

1)Ordered a Super DeLuxe Set of the Ltd Ed Concert For George box from www.georgeharrison.com, advertised as containing 4 LPs and 4 Test Pressing LPs, paid $484,66 through PayPal. 2)Received item on 23 June, but with 1 instead of, as advertised, 4 Test Pressing LP(s), sent a complaint to Customer Care. 3)Filed a PayPal complaint on 23 June. 4)27 June, received a reply from Customer Care: Our apologies that this occurred. Can you please send us at least 2 photos of the test pressing that you received? Upon your response, we'll be happy to assist you further. Hayley + FH Customer Care. Sent 3 photos of the sole Test Pressing I received on same date. 5)29 June, received this reply from Customer Care: Hi there, Thanks for your reply, and thanks for sending these photos. We have contacted the appropriate parties regarding the LP that you received and will be back in touch with more information as soon as soon as possible. 6)3 July, received this reply from Customer Care: Our sincere apologies for any confusion, but the test pressing portion of this order was intended to only include one LP, not four as the product description originally indicated. We're very sorry for the confusion and for any inconvenience. As this is the case, the product you received was produced as intended.

My product was NOT as advertised, I was NOT informed by the fact I would be receiving 1 instead of 4 TP LPs at any time, it took Customer Care almost a week to "investigate" what happened and only TODAY I get told I would be getting 1 instead of 4 TPs? I would not have ordered this box had I known this.This is obviously a gross misrepresentation of what the end product looks like and on top of that, I've had to pay $100 for import charges due to the fact that customs value of this edition ($450) compared to the edition without the TPs ($350) was a lot higher.I will return this item if this will cost me nothing (having paid $484,66 plus $100 import charges).That, or a substantial discount.

18. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

As I mentioned previously I didn't order this set but this is some sorry ass treatment of customers. I hope it gets sorted out.

Mazzy and MRamble like this.
  19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I’ll try again - Has anyone watched the remastered Blu Ray from the box?

20. Can you wait three weeks ? You can see for yourself :tiphat:

21. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

o_O

22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Mazzy’s gonna go on a summer road trip back to his old digs, and he’ll stop by your house for a personal viewing. Awfully generous of him.
    :)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. I am going back to SF in a few weeks. A bunch of us are going to see Ry Cooder at the Great American Music Hall. And @chacha will be visiting Seattle the following week. Record Store crawls. :tiphat:

mrjinks likes this.
  24. Smackswell

Smackswell Kossoff & Ralphs LA 76

It looks like somebody in PayPal did a cut and paste
    It looks as though PayPal Customer care did a cut and paste with "produced as intended" and was just plain lazy with their reply. They've got their share of your money and don't want to give any of it back. Is there anything like an Advertising Standards Authority that you can take this to. They could make a case on misleading customers plus do you have a sales of goods act to clarify your position?

25. Bootleghofner

Slightly calmed down this morning, I worded this e-mail to the GH Store "Customer Care":

Good morning Haley -

Actually I don't know what I'm reading.

I ordered the Limited Edition box set on 23 January, received it on 23 June (5 months later) and in all this time I never heard from the GH Store that there had been a change with regards to this box, in that it was supposed to contain just one instead of four test pressings. This is absolutely and totally incomprehensible to me . Surely, along the way during the production process someone must have noticed that rather than the advertised four Test Pressing LPs there was to be just one TP LP included??

You asked me a week ago to send you photos of my copy so you could investigate what had happened. Surely it was already known by then and you could have told me at that point that the inclusion of one Test Pressing LP was "what was intended" for this release?

I feel this item has been grossly misrepresented in the original advertisement and I certainly would not have paid $450 had I known it would contain just one Test Pressing LP.
    The GH Store should have informed its 15 customers that bought this item about this, long ago, if this had been "as intended" all along. Surely some time between ordering and shipping this could have been communicated (I can't imagine that the complaints that must have come in these last weeks surprised anyone at the GH Store). You've had five months to do this; more than enough time for me, and perhaps other disappointed customers, to cancel their order BEFORE it was shipped.

It's obvious that I'm very, very disappointed by this shockingly poor service and falsely advertised item. Your reasoning that it was "produced as intended", to be honest, I find laughable. In my opinion it is simply not done to change the contents of a box set without informing the customers, telling them they will receive five LPs where they were supposed to receive eight and simply ship the item with less content than advertised and expect the customers not to complain.

So far I have paid $485 for this set, plus $100 for import taxes. Returning the item will cost me another $80. So all in all, if I was to return the item this whole echec will have cost me $645.

I would very much like to know how the GH Store is planning to compensate me for all the costs I have made so far in order to receive an item which was clearly falsely advertised, and which I would not have ordered had I known all this and what arrangements have to be made to return the item to you. Alternately I would like to know what discount you can offer me.

It goes without saying that I have filed a PayPal claim for this item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.