Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Highly unlikely. The remastering program is taking place due to the change of label from EMI to Concord. l doubt remastering a three year old album already in their catalog is part of Concord's plans.

I would imagine the reason for the lower volume of the track on that promo boxset you have is due to them not wanting to have that track be jarringly loud compared to the other tracks on the discs.

2. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I agree that it's highly unlikely. But the counter to that is that, I assume the remastering team will endeavour to use a consistent approach to mastering across the whole catalogue. I agree that Concord aren't going to rush to reissue MAF (again) any time soon but that doesn't rule out a reissue in a couple of years' time.

3. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I am hoping this is just a stop-gap while remasters/expanded editions are being prepared...

Concord has added Ram, Red Rose Speedway, Tug Of War, Flaming Pie, and Chaos And Creation to eMusic (and I would assume iTunes as well, but don't have access at the moment). They are completely unadorned without any bonus tracks.

4. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I don't think it's got to do with the remastering project.

5. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Fingers crossed.

6. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Well, I'm almost sure. It doesn't make sense to announce BOTR and then make available a few other albums online.

7. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

That would be a HUGE disappointment if they only reissue a newly remastered BOTR and offer all other albums as is (similar to Hendrix Sony reissues). I agree with Claudio that its highly unlikely that they would do this and the appearance of the albums online should just be a case of keeping current versions on the market until new ones are ready (makes business sense).

The lack of news from Concord is so frustrating!! Less than two months to go, make some announcement!!!

8. SAPCOR1

SAPCOR1 Forum Resident

9. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I agree with you both.

10. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

According to Maccblog:

We have just been informed that this first album should be released on 28th September and that the record company will do things in a big way by offering no fewer than four different editions:

A "standard" digipack version including 1 CD
    A “deluxe” edition including 2 CDs and 1 DVD
    A multi-disc special edition collection including 3 CDs, a DVD and a "hard book"
    An “double vinyl” edition

As for the "Memory Almost Full" and "Good Evening New York City" albums, Paul McCartney catalogue is entrusted to Universal for the distribution outside the United States.

11. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Blimey. How on earth have they managed to dig up 3 CDs of BOTR era material??? Good lord, some of these albums could end up being boxed sets in themselves :)

12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Quad or surround mixes, I bet. Which is NOT a bad thing.
    I'll also bet that one cd is a new remix. Hey, don't laugh Fripp remixes stuff and people buy it. Machine Head sold well with a second cd of the lp remixed.
    I, too, am wondering where they got all these outtakes.

13. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Makes me wonder if the 2 disc version is just the 25th version repackaged :shake: and the 3 disc version will contain the extra disc of outtakes...

14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek:

15. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

I pray not as well but as others have pointed out, I don't see how they have enough leftover material to fill 2 cd's. Unless 1 is a complete remix/new version or he's going the route of the 25th anniversary disc where he'll include live versions from the last few tours (even though they have no reason being there).

Just maybe we'll get the Scotland Wings rehearsal tape from the Summer of '73 or the One Hand Clapping rehearsals.

16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

C'mon, Concord! Give up the track-listing!!!
    Who'd you think you are? Gail Zappa?!?!?

17. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

18. crossroads69

I'm optimistically excited ! :goodie::goodie::goodie:

I guess we should have the official press release and possibly the track lists soon but until then lets continue the speculation. Should a separate thread be created for this specific release?

19. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I guess they heard about the Exile release.

Hopefully the special edition won't be quite as pricey, although it appears it won't have the vinyl as part of it. I wonder what could be on that third disc.....my initial guess is interview(s).

20. crossroads69

I hope not! These interviews don't do much for me (beyond 1-2 listens) and so offer these as bonus online content or something. On the physical discs, give us new remixes and outtakes.

21. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I agree - I don't think I've ever listened to the interviews that came with other Macca albums like Flaming Pie or MAF.

22. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Linda outakes from Suzy & the Red Stripes

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Although I assume you're joking, everything Linda recorded has been released on WIDE PRAIRIE.

24. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Almost everything. The 2nd version of "Love's Full Glory" and her cover version of "Dear Hearts, Gentle People" remain unreleased.

I'd welcome some Suzy outtakes. There's the version of "Seaside Woman" with Paul playing a 'rope' as a bass that seems interesting enough to hear.

25. maxheadroom

maxheadroom Senior Member

I sincerely hope that, whatever gets released, nothing's handled by TopSpin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.