Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fabtrick, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. More like: "taught us the lesson that the King has no clothes"

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I don't really feel like buying all these albums again, so I reckon I'll stick with my lackluster "McCartney Collection" CDs and original vinyl. "Ram" is the only album I'd consider buying, if there was a remarkable sound upgrade....I don't have the Hoffman mastered disc....unfortunately.......maybe they could reissue "Memory Almost Full" and make it so my ears don't bleed.....

3. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

If EMI goes under, their engineers could be available for freelance work. And I am sure Macca liked the Beatles remasters.

Great news!

Evan

4. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

How many times will they sell us Mamunia on CD?

1.Initial Release (available on Columbia, then Capitol in US following label switch, we'll count as one).
    2.Toshiba Gold
    3.93 Remaster
    4.DCC
    5.dts
    6.25th Anniversary
    7.Concord "Collector's Edition"

I'd prefer a rarities comp that gathers up the stray tracks.

Or... How about a complete singles collection (A and B sides)?

5. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

How about deleting this track and release BOTR without it?

6. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

At least it looks like we'll get a proper release of Twin Freaks on CD. That's good news.

7. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I did my own Macca Singles Collection about a year ago. Included everything released commercially on 7", 12" and CD singles (including all those pesky extended versions). I think I managed to fill 14 discs! Would such a thing even be profitable? Then again, if they're planning on a Thrillington reissue, why not... :)

8. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I cannot remember the source, but I read somewhere that one of the former members of Wings have a copy of the tapes.

9. Larry Johnson

Larry Johnson Senior Member

Doesn't Concord generally have a good reputation for valuing sound quality and releasing good-sounding recordings?

10. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Seiwell said he believed Henry had a copy of the rehearsals. And he was very adamant that the rehearsal versions were much better than what went down on the album. The old live take vs overdubbing argument.

11. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Perhaps you are missing the point.

CD releases:
    Sgt. Pepper - 2
    Band On The Run - 7

Enough!

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Oy - these CDs haven't been heard by ANYONE and you're calling them "butchered". Sometimes the rampant negativity on this site really gets me down... :(

13. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

well, you're not satisfied with anything so i'm not too concerned about your concerns.

14. floweringtoilet

floweringtoilet Forum Resident

I regard it quite highly, and I doubt I'm the only one. I listen to Thrillington more often than a most of his "official" solo albums and any Wings album save Band On The Run. The album is far from a cheap joke; it's full of many inventive arrangements that highlight the versatility and robustness of his melodies. But mostly it's just a lot of fun.

15. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I like the Thrillington album a lot as well. Very pleasing to the ears.

16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"hey, I LIKE "Thrillington"."- said in that Jim Gaffigan high-pitched voice. :D

17. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Was there any mention in this thread of vinyl re-issues?

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Love that 'ska' version of "Eat At Home"!!! :agree:

19. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

Without previously unreleased bonus tracks(or the CD debut of previously vinyl-only tracks), there will be no reason for me to buy. I've got the "Paul McCartney Collection" CD's, The UK "Thrillington" CD, and many UK CD singles, Uk 12" singles, plus nearly all of the original U.S.A. Wings 7" singles.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I knew, this being Paul McCartney, that someone would feel compelled to state that. I think it's OK, too. But it is surely not "highly regarded" in the sense suggested by the press release, i.e. it is not WIDELY held in high regard.

21. jacden

jacden Senior Member

The whole press release is filled with unintentional laughs. Broad Street is a "landmark" album? Really?? :confused:

22. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I'm reasonably optimistic about this. Hopefully Paul will have taken on board the praise for the sound quality of the recent Beatles discs, and follow a similar path with the re-mastering of his catalogue.

23. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. I think he wised up after "Memory Almost Full". Both "Electric Arguments" and "Good Evening New York City" sound pretty good.

24. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

They'll be analyzed to death here anyway! :D
    Fingers crossed on a decent job this time in digitizing his album catalogue.

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's for sure. They're already being criticized for poor sound quality - and they don't even exist yet! :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.