Connecting a subwoofer to Peachtree Audio M24's

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jwhitephoto, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwhitephoto

Jwhitephoto Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hopefully, someone can enlighten me. The sub out on the M24 appears to be a single RCA connection, while most powered subwoofers have dual (Left/RIght) channel RCA inputs. How would this work? Thanks in advance.

2. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

Use either.

3. jeffmackwood

jeffmackwood Forum Resident

In your case: what pdxway said.

The dual (ie. stereo) line inputs are most often used in the case where one wants to use the sub's internal crossover / bass management and have the stereo signal continue through corresponding line outputs to a stereo amp and then to the main speakers. The sub handles the bass below the selected crossover point and passes the rest on.

Jeff

Jwhitephoto likes this.
  4. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

If it makes you feel better you can use a Y-connector from the M24 to the 2 RCA inputs on a sub. Same difference except for the gain level. But I don't see any subwoofer switch, which says to me that there is no highpass filter inside (??), so while the M24 will send bass to a sub, it will still be straining to put out the lowest bass.

5. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yep, just pick one, your sub output is in mono. No need for y-adapter, the subwoofer will just take the mono signal through the single input.

Jwhitephoto likes this.
  6. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

It’s probably not even a low-pass output, and not intended to provide any kind of bass management. They won’t strain any more than they already do without a subwoofer, so I’m not sure what it hurts to add a sub to fill in the bass.

Jwhitephoto likes this.
  7. Jwhitephoto

Jwhitephoto Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks all!

8. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

I said that because many folks seem to mistakenly think adding a subwoofer automatically somehow means it will handle ALL the bass. If someone (not the OP so far) is complaining about congested sound or whatever then they likely need a highpass.

9. dcguy73

dcguy73 Well-Known Member

I just picked up the Peachtree Audio M24's. @Jwhitephoto, did you end up buying a subwoofer for them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.