Connecting MacBooks to projector

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by head_unit, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

Namely, an Epson Powerlight 1262W. the only connection wired up through the ceiling is VGA. There is also an HDMI input, and a USB, neither of which has a cable run. The teacher ladies I know using these currently have some wireless adaptor that is for Windows, but now were given MacBooks.
    --> Suggestions for the best way to connect?
    They prefer the wireless, but perusing Amazon didn't yield an obvious product.

2. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Check the manual for the projector it has a wireless or can have a wireless LAN module.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There are Thunderbolt -> HDMI adapters out there, but you'll need to run the cable. It's not that hard.

4. head_unit

The projectors are I think fairly old. No Ethernet, and I don't believe any wireless. The ladies currently run wireless through a wireless HDMI dongle, but it runs some Windows software and so won't work on a Mac. They prefer the wireless to move about the classroom.

5. head_unit

Yes but no. They're not even suppsoed to use ladders, and running a 50' HDMI cable through a ceiling grid while not that difficult is not trivial. Plus budget is always a concern...though I suppose the cable would be no less expensive than a wireless adaptor. They like the wireless to be able to move about the room. I'd find the latency bothersome myself.

6. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

did you check the manual? Otherwise use a HDMI->VGA adapter on the MacBook.

Vidiot and Veni Vidi Vici like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.