Cool article on vintage tube amps by Vinyl Anachronist!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audio, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

The amp pretty much wipes the floor of anything I've had prior, and I think my $500 Onkyo, which is no slouch, will be relegated to home theater-only use!
    Listened to Rock, Jazz, some Ray Charles, Elton, James Brown, etc. Soft and loud music. Biggest thing I noticed were much-improved vocals and percussion, very defined. Bass is great too as are the highs (not harsh or anything). Can't wait to mate it with a TT.

I'll definitely be listening to more music tomorrow, my other day off! Craig really did a good job with this - it was his baby for several months I believe. The all-original tubes are great - my first Telefunken foray did not disappoint!

2. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Ryan, is this the LK 72 or the LK 72B that you have here?

3. Ryan

LK-72 prix.

4. Ryan

Here are some photos of the unit before it was shipped. They do not do the bronze faceplate justice - it is damn-near mint with all lettering. The brown face I think goes a little better with the brown knobs. Looks like it should be sitting on some CEO's office shelf!

Attached Files:

5. audio

Gorgeous! Craig has a reputation for doing excellent work and treating his customers right. I'm glad to see he's made another person happy.:thumbsup:

6. radioactive

radioactive Forum Resident

all i can say is wow!!! that is sure one clean lk72.now a nice wood cabinet would be nice if you dont already have one.also glad to see you enjoying it.almost makes me want to haul out my lk72b and put it in the system for awhile.
    chris

7. Ryan

He provided contacts to other people who do cabinets if I want one..very cool service.

prix - even more gorgeous seeing that 'HH Scott' printed on the base of those power tubes. Strong 40-year-old buggers.

8. audio

...and even more gorgeous is seeing "The Fisher" printed on the base of vintage power tubes.;)

9. Ryan

Fishers are very nice indeed...never heard one tho...I read the 'JFK's amp' thread awhile back - what a hoot! Are those Fisher tubes easy to come by prix or not?

Craig I'm at a loss at the moment on how to do a transfer, been busy listening to music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.