Coronavirus lockdown - concert streams / broadcasts / recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by starfieldroad, Mar 16, 2020.

1. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow Thread Starter

post em here!

Dropkick Murphys are ‘streaming up from Boston’: Free livestream to replace annual St. Patrick’s Day set

available worldwide

Check out the band’s YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram pages on Tuesday, March 17, at 7 p.m. for the show.

2. starfieldroad

folk duo Red Tail Ring performed a 2 hour internet broadcast set after their Baltimore festival appearance was cancelled (donate links under Laurel's name)

3. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

great idea for a thread. sitting home just got easier. thanks.

4. starfieldroad

Greenalishi likes this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Susan Werner had to cancel a show over the weekend; she countered by not only streaming a live set, but vows to do it weekly now, Sundays at 7:45p ET weekly until the emergency cautions have been lifted.

6. starfieldroad

7. starfieldroad

Indigo Girls announce online show:

We will be going live on Facebook this Thursday, March 19th 6:00pm EST, and playing a low key, home grown set of songs and talking to people directly through Q and A. Plan on tuning in with us!

The Indigo Girls

LilacTeardrop and ConnieGuitar like this.
  8. blunosr

blunosr Forum Resident

I hope the following bands stream live from their rehearsal spaces:

Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Snarkey Puppy, Wilco, Rage the Machine...

i’d even pay $10 per show for access. My March break travels have been cancelled so I have a few extra dollars...

Are people going to record shops during this outbreak?

9. Great idea for a thread! If some of my favourite independent musicians also get this idea I'll share their shows here to introduce some more people to their music.

10. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Speaking of independent musicians, DIY band Gully Boys will be streaming a free concert on Facebook Live!

"Join us next Saturday, 3.21, as we bring the concert to your phone! We will be live-streaming some tunes, some jokes, some hangs on Facebook!"

Gully Boys on Instagram: “hey so uh, we are incredibly thankful for all the support we’ve gotten. it means so much to us that so many of y’all have purchased some…”

11. NicoRock

NicoRock Forum Resident

Trenwell, hiterss, ibanez_ax and 2 others like this.
  12. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

So many things are closed in LA: schools, restaurants, church, etc. Sitting here with my kids listening to my daughter practice her clarinet waiting to blast my Steven Wilson 5.1 of Yes' Close to the Edge.

13. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Didn't Neil Young do some live stream performance one of these days?

stef1205 likes this.
  14. starfieldroad

the Station Inn in Nashville says:

Broadcast announcement: Thursday, March 19 at 9pm CST, watch East Nash Grass completely free online. Tune in and support local musicians who have lost their ability to perform live and earn income because of the international quarantine. The Station Inn will be closed to the public during this event.

Donate to the band - (Facebook is currently blocking GoFundMe links. Click the Station Inn TV link below to donate.)

Watch online for free (the venue will be closed during this event) - East Nash Grass

Watch on Facebook for free - The East Nash Grass | Station Inn | Bluegrass Today

15. skyblue17

skyblue17 Forum Resident

16. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Glad to see musicians doing this.
    Neil Young sounds fired up for streaming home shows possibly starting this week.
    It is becoming a real possibility there will be no live shows/concerts through summer.

here >> Neil Young Archives

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  17. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Amanda Palmer did her live stream right from....well, down the road from me - at St. Peter's here in Wellington (her show was cancelled while she was here so she went 'what the hell? let's do it online')

18. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

The Met are also offering free streams of their most popular operas....

Putrifiers II, Radio, ARK and 2 others like this.
  19. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

ARK, _David_ and starfieldroad like this.
  20. Kardiaclp

Kardiaclp Well-Known Member

Nice thread!

BJ Barham from American Aquarium (alt country from Raleigh, NC) is doing a couch show every night this week on stageit.com

I think it’s $15 a show, which I’m happy to pay to support. Been thinking a lot about how this is impacting working artists, so this is a great way to support and enjoy if you’re able.

DavidD and starfieldroad like this.
  21. starfieldroad

ARK likes this.
  22. One of my favourite singer/songwriters from the Netherlands is streaming tonight at 9 PM from her instagram account. She'll be on at 9 PM local time, that's 8 PM UTC

www.instagram.com/marikejager

janmaccazwan and starfieldroad like this.
  23. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Turandot!:love:

Shawn likes this.
  24. HughMacpherson

HughMacpherson Forum Resident

25. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Make sure you check out stageit.com for streaming shows. Robyn Hitchcock and Rhett Miller (from Old 97s) are each doing shows of their own tonight on Stageit. Name your own price (but you do have to open up an account which, I think, is about $5 which you can "tip" the artists from).