Cosmos Season 2: Possible Worlds

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by budwhite, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Thread Starter

Seems to be quite different to the first season. I hope that we will see some animated things about old scientists and their discoveries because that was a great thing from season 1.

No premier date yet, but should be soon

Cosmos: Possible Worlds Official Trailer

supermd likes this.
  2. townsend

townsend Senior Member

This could be interesting -- how one would watch -- have to subscribe to National Geographic channel or have it bundled in some package of programming?

3. budwhite

Brannon Braga(Star Trek, The Orville), Jason Clark(The Orville), Seth MacFarlane and Ann Druyan is once again producing/writing/directing.
    And Neil DeGrasse Tyson is hosting of course.
    Same team as last time.

Mesozoic Mike likes this.
  4. budwhite

Following the wildly successful COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY, seen by more than 135 million people worldwide on National Geographic and FOX, and the most-watched series ever on National Geographic Channels internationally, the new season, COSMOS: POSSIBLE WORLDS, will premiere in the U.S. on both FOX and National Geographic and globally on National Geographic in 180 countries and 43 languages.

5. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I was just wondering about Season 2 yesterday.

Is this a recent trailer? It only refers to "Spring 2019" and we're there now. It seems like the original plan was to air it in February 2019.

I thought maybe there was a delay due to Tyson's MeToo accusers. Was that resolved?

6. budwhite

Yes it was set to premiere early March but it was postponed. But everythings been cleared, we're just waiting for the powers that be to set a new date.

dougotte likes this.
  7. dougotte

I keep looking, but no premiere date yet.

8. budwhite

Maybe it's been held back until the fall since summer is already here

9. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

“‘StarTalk’ will return to the air with the remaining 13 episodes in April on National Geographic, and both Fox and National Geographic are committed to finding an air date for ‘Cosmos,'” the network said in a statement. “There will be no further comment.”

DeGrasse-Tyson's first Cosmos series was one of the best damned TV series within recent memory -- I thought it was profound, thoughtful, and very entertaining. I really look forward to it coming back on the air for a new season.

MikaelaArsenault and budwhite like this.
  11. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I liked the Tyson series but have to admit I'd give my eyeteeth to see the original Sagan version with Vangelis and crappy animation.

12. budwhite

Brannon Braga said in a recent podcast that an annoucment for the premiere of S2 is coming soon.

Will it stream a day or week early on Disney+ before it airs on TV? Who knows, but the delay has definitely something to do with Disney>Fox.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  13. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Depends on whether you are somebody who doesn't want it resolved, or you are somebody who wants an optimistic vision of a future "we can still have" (says Ann Druyan). Both are possible.
    For me, I prefer not to have to navigate a he-said/she-said distraction while encouraging the best of our race pursuing the best of our abilities. And I really get spitting mad when one seeks to take our aspirations away, strategically and disingenuously debating the other.

So, I'm coming down on the side of following Tyson and his Cosmic Shoehorn wherever he wants to take us. That's the only direction forward.

14. budwhite

Tyson was at Joe Rogan's show a week ago and didn't talk anything about Cosmos.
    Sure, it can still come out this year but I'm thinking that it might have been delayed to next Spring

15. dougotte

Veggie Boy likes this.
  16. budwhite

17. dougotte

I'm having a hard time finding it. I installed the Nat Geo app on AppleTV, but it only has trailers, and there's a message to watch it on Disney+. I have a free year of that, so I checked there - it's not there at all. I looked OD on FiOS, and it's not OD. I've scheduled the DVR to record the series, but only upcoming episodes (starting with episode 3) are scheduled. There are no replays of 1 and 2 scheduled. On the Nat Geo website, the trailers are found, but nothing else.

How can I stream the series or watch the first two episodes? Thanks.

18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I see that it's available for purchase on Apple TV and streaming on the National Geographic TV channel. Thanks for the reminder.

19. dougotte

Thanks for the info. I should be able to get it free because the channel is part of my FiOS package, so I shouldn't have to pay for it. As noted, it's not available via the channel app nor the channel website. Where do you see it available to stream? Thanks again.

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's part of my cable tv package.

21. dougotte

Thanks. Maybe there's a different streaming arrangement in US vs. Canada. No major disaster; I'm sure they'll repeat the first two episodes eventually and I'll catch them then.

Deuce66 likes this.
  22. budwhite

I'm seven episodes in and it's pretty good, but a big step behind the first season.

23. dougotte

I got tired of waiting for the first two episodes to re-air, and watched the third episode last night. So far, I agree with you. Tyson looks stiff and awkward, for some reason. I don't remember that in the first season.

But, I learned several new things, which is always good.

24. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

The first 6 episodes of Possible Worlds are available on Tubi (free to watch with ads). The entire 2014 series is there also.

I like what I’ve seen so far (of Possible Worlds), but it feels a bit more scattershot and unfocused than its predecessor. The episode on Vavilov is my favorite so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.