Could Someone Compose A 2-3 Minute Instrumental Song For Me ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I have been working hard recently on developing a new vegan product that I want to raise funds for through crowdfunding on Kickstarter.

I am going to have an estimated 2-3 minute video describing the product and why I believe it is needed in the market as a sustainable and healthy alternative to unhealthy drinks with refined sugar, and I wondered if anyone would want to help me by composing a song for the video ?

It would need to be instrumental and somewhat upbeat, or at least not downbeat and/or moody. I would also want it to not jump out too much, it needs to be able to work as background music. Still, I would like it to be interesting and either rhythmic or melodic.

I would really appreciate any help with the music as it is a product and idea that I am very passionate about and I feel it would be a wonderful touch to have some original music for the brand/video.

The basic concept for the product is a truly healthy unpasteurised drink free from animal products and refined sugar containing minerals, calcium, vitamins and anti-oxidants, in innovative packaging custom designed in Sweden which is 100% sustainable and biodegradable.

Please feel free to reply in the thread or message me.

Many thanks !

Rob Hughes likes this.
  2. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

@AlanDistro
    May have something for you.
    His band The Caulden Road has some good stuff :)

theMess and AlanDistro like this.
  3. theMess

Ah amazing, thank you !

4. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

May I suggest fiverr? There are great musicians over there working on all types of projects. My roommate, for instance has a degree in media composition and frequently writes music for customers. I too have a bachelor's degree in classical composition from CalArts, and I frequently ghost write for him when he is busy. While these degrees don't necessarily mean we are good composers, it is an indication that we are serious minded. Moreover, I've recorded whole albums of my work with musicians I've hired from fiverr - these are men and women I've never met who've worked on my projects. They've all be high quality.

theMess and c-eling like this.
  5. pc-Ray

pc-Ray Forum Resident

Sounds like it might be a great excuse to learn ukulele. I can already whistle. :nyah:

theMess likes this.
  6. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

To the OP: Is your avatar supposed to be ironic?

rkt88, pc-Ray, theMess and 2 others like this.
  7. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Who did you study with at CalArts? Anne LeBaron?

8. Elliottmarx

Michael Fink and Barry Schrader were the mentors who meant the most to me, especially Fink who was a minimalist at heart. John Bergamo taught the most astounding poly-rhythms. I also had at one session each with two of my heroes: Lou Harrison and Terry Riley.

9. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

What is your budget for this?

10. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

All good people. I've performed in C with Terry Riley. I first met Lou over 4o years ago. Wonderful man, great composer. I have been preparing many of his compositions for publication these past few years. I'm performing a piece of Michael's in 2 weeks.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  11. theMess

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. How would I contact them ? Also, would you be interested yourself or isn't it really your thing ?

12. theMess

No haha! That didn't occur to me at all. :D

rkt88 likes this.
  13. theMess

I don't really have one and it depends; I wondered if someone was interested in helping me by doing it for free, thereby gaining some experience by writing to order, or if not, if they would allow me to pay them after the crowdfunding was complete by including any fees in the cost of funding the project.

I don't really know how this works, but assumed this was the place to ask because I know that many people here compose all different forms of music.

14. Elliottmarx

I had the good fortune to be in a gamelan ensemble where we worked with Lou Harrison, a few years later I had a private composition clinic with him, he promptly told me that I smelled nice - which was probably the kindest way to say that my composition could use a little work.

15. Jaycat

Jaycat Forum Resident

What kind of work do you do? Do you do it for free?

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  16. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

No compensation will send most pros running but I'm sure there are more inexperienced people who would do it for free or at a low cost.

Find a uke player on YouTube with original material. If something meets your needs, offer a few bucks to use it and be done.

theMess likes this.
  17. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

And that he wanted you.

18. theMess

I was wondering if, like the comment below me says, someone who isn't a music professional but who composes music for fun, would allow me to use one of their tracks. I am asking, not demanding, and like the saying goes, if you don't ask, you don't get.

And btw, yes, I am currently working for free, because that is expected in my industry at the top level at first if you want to succeed.

Elliottmarx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.