Country & Western ? Charlie Rich

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark H, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member Thread Starter

I know from reading that there are a couple knowledgable C&W fans on this board.
    I'm looking for a decent sounding CD of Charlie Rich's Greatest hits. I have "The Essential" which was released a few years ago but it lacked a few of his later Pop/Country Hits namely" Rollin' With the Flow" and a couple others that seem to stick in my head melody wise but I can't quite place. Any comps of his late seventies hits out there?

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

There is the 16 Biggest Hits comp issued by Legacy.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Charlie Rich is truly one of the greats! I have a 10-song budget CD from Sony Special Products somewhere...

BTW, Country is different from Western music. I guess I don't like them lumped in together as "C&W". Those two styles separated waaay back in the early 60s.

4. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Country v. Western

Grant,

Good observation--Western sort of went away after all those Marty Robbins cowboy, gunslinger songs (El Paso, Big Iron) and Ringo by Lorne Greene. By the mid 60's, it was just Country.

Bob

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Re: Country v. Western

And, I LOVE instrumental western music! I just don't know where to begin to collect it!

6. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Re: Country v. Western

Bob, western music is still around. Michael Martin Murphey (of Wildfire, Carolina In The Pines, What's Forever For fame) has a series of several CD's of western songs, Riders In The Sky (who I'm a fan of) sing western music and incorporate a lot of comedy in their act, Waddie Mitchell is a great cowboy poet, Sons of the San Joaquin are talented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.