Courtney Love on Jay Leno Tonight

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by therockman, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

Courtney Love is scheduled to appear on the Jay Leno show tonight, April 15th, 2004. I wonder if it will turn into a breast flashing fiasco like last month on the David Letterman show!!! Her appearence on Letterman was very sick and insulting, but I really like Courtney and I hope tonights appearence will be more dignified.

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

She may talk mostly about the news reports that came out today that she's having some big financial troubles. Reportedly, she's been ripped off to the point of being four million dollars in debt. All the legal troubles didn't help, not to mention her album turned out to be a big bomb.

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I wonder if after seeing her flash Dave, Jay got on the phone and said "book Courtney!!" ;)

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I just feel sad when I think of her. With those new overinflated lips she's now a caricature of what was already a caricature. How do you lose all that Nirvana dough?

5. Mike V

Mike V New Member

She's her own worst enemy. I really feel pity for her, and I hope her daughter can find a way out from the madness. It's a tragedy in slow-motion. :( When people make fun of her, I understand why, of course. She's an easy mark. But she's quite literally insane, IMO, as if she's just constantly in the middle of a complete breakdown, or somewhere close to one.. So I'd kind of hope for more compassion from people, you know? But she is a total pain in the ***, so how easy can that be. :rolleyes:

Somebody along the way must have tried to be there for her or help her, but probably got their *** handed to them, especially if she started feeling the least bit vulnerable... Was she miserably abused as a child? She is just riddled with all kinds of demons - you don't just end up like that without some serious tragedy or trauma, IMO.

I hate to say it but short of a miracle I think she'll wind up dead within a very short time.

6. dcooper

dcooper New Member

My prediction? She will behave herself on Leno. She'll still be "out there" relative to the usual boring Hollywood types on that show, but the Leno show doesn't like controversy.

7. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Of course they do. They were the first to book Hugh Grant after his, er... "incident."

8. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam

Courtney = Hole

A better name for her latest album "America's Hole"

Spent all her money? I'm getting all weepy. :(

9. dcooper

dcooper New Member

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "controversy." They obviously want high-profile guests who are in the news (ala Hugh Grant) to come out and explain themselves. They can heavily promote the appearance and guarantee a higher rating. But I'm talking about outrageous behavior on the show being frowned upon, such as when Howard Stern was on the show promoting Private Parts and brought girls out to make out during his appearance. Leno was visibly upset by the distraction caused by the women. They don't want edgy stuff on that show, so I still predict she will be on her best (relative term) behavior.

10. dcooper

dcooper New Member

BTW, they didn't book Hugh Grant after he was arrested. He was already booked to promote a movie so they fell into a ratings bonanza...a bonanza in fact that is generally considered to have pushed Leno past Letterman in the ratings.

11. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

How did she hold up?

12. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I saw it in High Definition last night. Two words....plastic surgery.

Ol girl has had a few nips and tucks in the facial area.

The interview was a train wreck. She came out trying to behave herself, obvious of the potential damage she could cause. She went on and on about the police coming to her house and looking for things to arrest her and how she was a smart-as$ to them. Jay had to interupt her several times so they could go to commerical. Poor Jay, he was earning his $$ keeping her on track.

She peformed a song of her new CD (?? Don't have it yet) and it went OK. She looked like she was going to break down and cry about 3 times in the middle of it. Finally threw off her guitar, finished the song and gave the band big hugs afterword.

No talk about Kurt/Nirvana the entire interview. I wonder what KC thinks of her now :sigh:

13. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

If you ask me, the best part of the show was the clog dancing twins from Alabama. Those 2 girls were fun to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.