Craft End-of-Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by caleb1138, Aug 26, 2023.

1. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident Thread Starter

☀️ End of Summer Sale

They have a lot on sale, but I'm not sure if the prices are anything irresistible. Can anyone comment on Craft's shipping and packaging?

2. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Some good deals on jazz- the Sonny Rollins box is $25 off...

3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Packaging and shipping is fine. Customer service is decent. Responsive, at least.

caleb1138 likes this.
  4. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

$89 on amazon and there you get free shipping and easy exchanges

rcsrich likes this.
  5. caleb1138

I can't remove items from my cart...

6. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Has anyone seen the new KPG Waltz for Debby at less that $33?

7. AnalogJ

The Cuban Jazz Sessions CD set is fabulous.

black sheriff and oldjollymon like this.
  8. AnalogJ

The caveat, here, is that their shipping charges are high if you order anything but vinyl. And no free shipping.

9. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

caleb1138 likes this.
  10. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

My shipping address keeps getting rejected. Started trying random ones - no dice.
    Weird.
    The Concord Chat-bot is not being very helpful...

11. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Ok scratch that - looks like I had too much stuff in my cart. Lol.

caleb1138 likes this.
  12. Swordsandchains

The best deal there is the WATTSTAX 10lp box st $125 but ive heard of quite a few issues of poor pressing

13. caleb1138

The Birth of Bop vinyl box also looks like a good price compared to other places. The lack of free shipping is sort of turning me off, though.

14. Swordsandchains

thats why i never order from them. Even worse, their shipping warehouse is 10 minutes down the street from me.

15. ILovethebassclarinet

ILovethebassclarinet Forum Resident

LOL, making a pick-up isn't possible? In Chicago? That sounds like a major lack of "business sense" to me...

Swordsandchains likes this.
  16. Swordsandchains

Nope, i emailed and they said no. And its not even in the city, its western suburbs with plenty of free parking.

ILovethebassclarinet likes this.
  17. ILovethebassclarinet

"Makes no sense," in keeping with music biz traditions?
    As big as their catalog and Chicago are, I'd guess they could have traffic all day long, and if required to pre-order & pre-pay before showing up, no security required for product the customer has no access to.
    Maybe it's 'protection' for their B&M business customers, by not competing with them, but who knows? Not me.

18. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Means they are making money on the shipping. That was part of our online business model for years.

marcb, Bloom, astro70 and 2 others like this.
  19. ILovethebassclarinet

Cuts out a lot of customers though, me included most of the time.
    I'm OK with a flat charge with reduced increases with the purchase of more titles (example $4 first item, 50 cents/$1 for each additional, etc.), but a high flat charge per item? I'll buy from someone that they're giving a better price than that to.
    Just as 'it's their business and they can run it how they wanna,' the same's true here on this end; I don't have to do business with them.
    But still, with all the music history that they control, surely it should more available, in the public interest.
    In full disclosure, I've written many a positive word about much of that catalog when it was owned by Fantasy; dozens of CDs of small label r&b from the '40s-'50s came out in the '90s, for just one.

caleb1138 likes this.
  20. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

They have a weird glitch that rejects your shipping address if the weight of all items exceeds the maximum weight they’ll ship in one order.

Also of Note: Never combine a pre-order with an in-stock item when ordering from Craft. They will hold your entire order until the pre-order item is in stock.

In Dec. 2022 I placed a 6 record order that included one LP due to be released in Jan. 2023, and checked the box for all items to be shipped together. With that one record due to be released in just 3 weeks I didn’t think it would be an issue. Well, many weeks later after still not receiving my order despite having received a shipping notice, I had an exchange with customer service who informed me that nothing had shipped and would not until the pre-order item was in stock. The bad news was my pre-order LP got pushed back to September 2023, now 8 months way. They wouldn’t ship my five other records that were paid for and in stock, insane! I pressed them, even requesting they cancel my entire order, and ultimately wrote UMe customer service as well. Shortly thereafter they shipped my in-stock LPs, with the proviso that they were making a “special exception” this one time, what a bunch of jerks.

I was always polite in my notes to them and took time to insure I was clear and concise. I let them know I fully understood there could be delays with pressings and that was OK, but to please fulfill the rest of my order. The street date for that one LP had changed after my order, fine, but ship the rest. I asked them to point out any other company that would take a customer’s money and then make them wait 9 months for delivery. They kept insisting their policy would not allow for this due to my “ship all at once” choice. Thankfully someone above my agent had enough common sense to resolve the situation.

That pre-order LP is the Acoustic Sounds Shelly Manne My Fair Lady reissue, now due out in a few weeks. I’ve little doubt I’ll have to write them in order to get my long paid for copy, we’ll see what happens.

All my other Craft orders for in-stock items were fulfilled without issues, so don’t be put off by my nightmare anecdote above.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    ILovethebassclarinet and Briskit like this.
  21. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

I grabbed 3 of the series and got them for $29 each. I think there is a discount when you buy 3?
    Waltz for Debbie
    Workin from Miles
    Coltrane and Monk

riverrat likes this.
  22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Looks like the discount kicks in when you add 2 of these to your cart.
    But I was having some wonky issues adding and deleting titles, so not 100% sure about that

23. Agerst1574

Agerst1574 Forum Resident

I was going to order two records (Zombies and Stevie Ray with Albert King) and a Fania shirt for my wife. That came out to $58 and with shipping and taxes total would have been $77. No way I was doing that.

24. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Is there currently a coupon code that works on the Craft website?

Briskit likes this.
  25. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

They’ve got another sale running now. Some really good deals actually. A shame their shipping charges are outrageous… $10 media mail for 4 single LPs?!

Swordsandchains and caleb1138 like this.