CRAFT RECORDINGS - BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF - until 02.09.23

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Axis_67, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member Thread Starter

Got this in an email today.

All CDs and LPs (including box sets)
    are BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF — treat yourself, or pick something up for you and your plus-one! Offer is valid through February 9th, with code: TUNESFORTWO

Promotion is storewide excluding merchandise, pre-orders and bundles. Order by February 7 for best chance of Valentine’s Day delivery.

Craft Recordings | Official Website and Store

aoxomoxoa, Fred Dender and Biff Jones like this.
  2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Saw this earlier today and really only makes sense for store exclusive items, otherwise taxes and shipping make it pretty much same price as amazon or other places

GentleSenator, bmusic and Axis_67 like this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I agree but I am definitely interested in some of those exclusive SACDs. Has anyone heard any that can speak to the sound/mastering quality?

4. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

I also would be interested in sound/mastering impressions of some of the SACDs, particularly in the jazz arena. For example I have an original LP and a CD of Bill Evans "You Must Believe in Spring" which sound pretty darn good to me altogether, but I am a fan of the Plangent Process that I note was used in mastering the SACD, so I wonder....any impressions? (Not just of that one title)

5. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

SACDs aren't included

Davidmk5 likes this.
  6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's a drag , just found that out trying to order SACD's .................oh well , no sale & just saved $$$ for me

7. Amanita muscaria

Amanita muscaria Forum Resident

Worth it for some of the top shelf jazz dispensary titles. I picked up
    Azymouth- Telecommunication and Johnny Hammond- Gears. Both remastered from the original analogue tapes by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI.

Davidmk5 and Rekkerds like this.
  8. Swordsandchains

yep, those are the two ill probably grab since they’re store exclusives

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Doesn’t mean I don’t want to know about them just because they aren’t included in the sale though. If they are good/great sounding, I’ll spring for them. It isn’t like I can shop around and get them elsewhere anyway.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  10. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

A note of caution when ordering from Craft Recordings. If you have any pre-orders mixed into your order be sure to request that your items ship as available.
    *I’ve also posted these comments in the Marketplace discussions section.

I ordered five LPs in mid-December during their sale and received a shipping notice on December 15th, but the package never moved beyond received by USPS. One album was a pre-order with a January 2023 release date, so I didn’t mind a short wait to get the entire order with free shipping. However that title got delayed until September 2023. In the meantime, per their policy I had to wait 45 days from the shipping notice date before Craft would do anything about re-fulfilling the order that they supposedly shipped last December.

Craft now admits my order never shipped. Their reason is that I chose media mail and that the order cannot ship until the pre-order item is in stock. That album is now expected in December, 2023, a year from when I placed and paid for my order. I wrote back asking that they ship the four in-stock titles and refund or give me store credit for the one pre-order item.

Today they wrote back and said they will not do so, as I clicked that media mail shipping preference box so that’s that. So I wrote back pointing out the total lack of sense in how they were handling this and requested a cancellation and refund of the entire order.

When I first tried ordering during the sale I had around 10 titles in my cart and the order would not go through. I kept getting messages about not being able to ship to my address. I wrote them and the reason turned out to be that an order that large exceeded a total weight restriction they have on each shipment, so it was suggested I break up my order. I did, and here we are in February and it’s a mess.

Take care when ordering from Craft Recordings, they’ve clearly got some growing up to do as far as knowing how to ship and treat their customers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    Dignan2000, Mike6565 and riverrat like this.
  11. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I had a couple records in my cart yesterday just to see out of curiosity what the total price would be with shipping. Of course, nowhere on their site do they state the shipping charges, or any free shipping threshold. With shopify, you have to register an account before you get to that point, so they've harvested your email before you're even ready to place an order. That is really annoying. Then of course they're able to spam you within an inch of your life even if you don't order.

Clicked away, and glad I did. Saving $2 isn't worth it.

12. Swordsandchains

its only worth it if youre buying shop exclusives

hutlock and Starquest like this.