Crashing (HBO series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Chrome_Head, Deesky and GodShifter like this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Very disappointed to hear this got cancelled. I liked the show a lot. Pete Holmes is not a very funny comedian though.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Well....There could be no better conclusion than last night's episode!
    The roller-coaster ride of 'making it' was shown perfectly...

Chrome_Head likes this.
  4. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

This is the first I've heard of the show being canceled. Not unusual, as I am often out of the loop. It's distressing, nevertheless. I really liked this show. I did stand-up for a few years, and I even got to open for Bill Hicks a couple of times, so last night's final episode really resonated with me.

Plinko, GodShifter and Chrome_Head like this.
  5. vince

You're a hero, in my eyes!
    Tried it for a year...crashed and burned...

Plinko and FredCamp like this.
  6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Sad news, this was a good one. Seems like shows depicting the reality of stand-up comedy never last too long. Guess people wanna laugh but 'can't handle the truth'!;)

7. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

What, it's cancelled?

I caught his stand up special and thought it was hilarious. My girlfriend and I started watching this series this season (just watched the finale last night) and were enjoying it.

This is as bad as Netflix not renewing the hilarious Friends From College after two seasons, another great, half-hour long episode comedy that we got invested in. WTF?

9. GodShifter

Cancelled on HBO? It happens. Remember “John From Cincinnati”? No? There’s a reason.

As to stand up, I have two friends I think would be exceptional at it, but I realize it takes a ton of balls and a thick skin to survive. One has both while the other has neither. They’re both funny as hell and really smart (which you have to be unless you’re Jeff Dunham).

Bummed this was cancelled, but it went three seasons and ended in a good place. Worse things have happened to good shows.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  10. GodShifter

Spot on as it turns out!

11. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

Too bad, it was a good show that became a very good show in this past season.

mikeyt and Chris from Chicago like this.
  12. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I do. It was awful. Only reason I watched it was because it featured a bunch of Deadwood holdovers... so it would have to be good. In fact, I saw every episode. And I never did figure out what it was about.

GodShifter likes this.
  13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just watched the finale. A good, solid episode that ended the series on a high note. Tellyawhat though, for me, the funniest episode of the entire series was the last; 'The Christian Tour". I thought he was razor sharp funny in the church, and than later gets destroyed by Amy Schumer! I thought it was hysterical!;)

Leviethan likes this.
  14. vince

,,,and EVE PLUMB!, AND a Brady Bunch song, during the credits!

Daryl M, GodShifter and Deesky like this.
  15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Thats what Lewis C.K. said

16. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

What a great ending

mikeyt and George P like this.
  17. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I'm bummed about the cancellation. I thought it had gotten better with each season, and season 3 being most excellent. We saw Pete coming into his own as a really talented comedian and things were just starting to look up. I was really excited to see what would happen at the next level of professional success.

18. jjhunsecker

jjhunsecker Senior Member

HBO has a history of cancelling excellent, but slightly off the wall shows- I'm mainly think of two of my own favorites- "Hung" and "Bored to Death". I was really getting into "Crashing", too

19. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Bored To Death was wonderful.

RoyalScam, vince and George P like this.
  20. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

Why they cancelled Crashing and not the repetitious Silicon Valley is beyond me.

But HBO has a history of cancelling shows way too soon: Deadwood, Tell Me You Love Me, Hello Ladies, Togetherness, Enlightened, The News Room.

Leviethan and GodShifter like this.
  21. George P

George P Notable Member

Agreed!

Mr. H, RoyalScam and vince like this.
  22. vince

THIS is the new, "That's what SHE said!":laugh:

23. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

I’m disappointed also. But like others, not surprised. I liked that the show delved into an inside world of comedy, well, as much as they could do for a 30 min show. Maybe more precisely, watching the guest comedians on the show conversationally talking about the way things are in the world of comedy.

24. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

Damn, I really enjoyed this show - one of my favorites on TV these days. I am glad that it ended on a good note.

George P likes this.
  25. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

Disappointed that Crashing was canceled. And I agree that HBO sometimes cancels some really good shows that still had a lot of gas left in the tank such as the aforementioned Bored to Death, Hello Ladies, Enlightened, Togetherness, and The Newsroom.

I've been re-watching Bored to Death for the first time since it was broadcast 2009-2011 and I think it's a delightfully genius show. Schwartzman, Galifianakis, and Danson made a wonderful trio of leading characters and had great chemistry to boot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    RoyalScam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.