Crazy large FedEx 2 day discount through eBay?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by kwadguy, Jun 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

I am preparing to ship an 8 pound package for something I sold through eBay. It's going across the country (Boston to San Jose).

I went through the eBay shipping process, and compared prices. FedEx Ground was considerably cheaper than Priority Mail, as expected.

But what was shocking was the price for FedEx 2 Day delivery. There's an 82% discount off the rack rate to use this service. So 2-day delivery for this package is only about a dollar more than Ground (Home Delivery). I've never seen that kind of discount through eBay...

Anyone else seeing discounts like this?[​IMG]

2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Keep in mind that the reason FedEx ground is cheaper than Priority Mail is because ebay's providing a near 40% discount on it. But I haven't experienced that 2-day offer before, that's really something.

3. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

Maybe they are trying to promote that service so that people become accustomed to it and appreciate it enough to continue to use it if and when they raise the price on it.

4. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

Is FedEx any better than USPS? It is quarter to midnight 7/5/2020 I just checked tracking on a parcel via FedEx which told me that on 7/4 it was in transit to Tracy CA and finally arrived in Tracy on 9:31pm tonight. It also states it left Tracy on 4:02 tommorow. How can this be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.