Cream - Goodbye Tour Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Nov 29, 2019.

1. mattazing

mattazing Forum Resident

Probably the best choice, peformance wise. Personally, I wish they announced the WoF deluxe set instead or a different/new archival project. Enough rumours and wishlists that haven't been confirmed yet...

2. Just pm Bill Levenson. He lurks here from time to time. I’m trying to remember Bill’s handle here. He’s a nice guy. As I recall, he supervised this release. Someone will remember it and will chime in.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

This does not appear available on US sites yet. Note that store.udiscovermusic.com is the UK outlet, while shop.udiscovermsuic.com is US (store vs shop).

The Sound of Vinyl link:

Goodbye Tour – Live At The Los Angeles Forum 1968: Exclusive Transparent Blue Vinyl

...goes to the UK store. When you change the setting to the US store, the Cream release can't be found on the site.

I don't know if this is just lagging behind on the US sites, or if it will only be available to order via these two UK outlets.

Emails I received from the UK udiscover and and The Sound of Vinyl both claim this title is "exclusive" to them. I believe both are Universal Music sales entities.

4. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

What's wrong with the CD mastering?

5. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

@musicman9999

All Down The Line likes this.
  6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

7. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

It's not that loud.

8. moomoomoomoo

Loud. The bootleg sounds better to my ears.

9. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

It's barely louder than the boot.

10. moomoomoomoo

Respectfully disagree. It may also be more brightly eq'd.

11. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

There's nothing to disagree about. It's a fact that it's barely louder than the boot.

rikki nadir and supermd like this.
  12. DavidJ

DavidJ Forum Resident

Anyone have an educated guess if this will be offered by a US based retailer? I’m very interested in the vinyl set but would like to avoid the high shipping charges if possible.

13. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Good question. The CD box was available first across the Atlantic, then turned up here. I would hope this LP edition will as well, though I don't recall the UK sites throwing around the word "exclusive" to such a degree. I know with most of the recent Hendrix vinyl the US and European versions are pressed in different locations; I'd like to know if that would be the case with this title, assuming it does make its way to at least one US outlet. The listings for this Cream LP are short on pressing info...

hiterss and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Studio_Two

Studio_Two Forum Resident

It’s £31.61 on Amazon UK at the moment. Cheap enough to tempt me into a purchase.

15. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I own both the Fresh Cream and the Goodbye Tour box sets. I hope the Cream boxes continue to arrive!

PhantomStranger, RC1, ropiyas and 3 others like this.
  16. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

You're referring to the CD box, not the new blue vinyl release, I believe... Correct?

17. Studio_Two

Studio_Two Forum Resident

Apologies. Yes. Sorry for any confusion.

frank3si and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. koondoggy

koondoggy Forum Resident

So there is a somewhat complete unofficial LA Forum 10/18/68 recording and an official complete LA Forum 10/19/68 recording or is that wrong?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Huh. I was unaware of the show on the 18th.
    [​IMG]

20. koondoggy

koondoggy Forum Resident

So was I until today lol, now I guess I have to track down the show from the 18th.

ARK likes this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

I deleted disc 4 on the boot because it's an audie. Unsure what the date was.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

November 26th.

23. I don't have the time to read 82 pages of thread. Is the new Forum 68 release on vinyl an audience? Anyone know?

24. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

An audience recording? No.

All Down The Line and vudicus like this.
  25. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

"This historic show is taken from the recently released Cream – Goodbye Tour – Live 1968 collection which was produced by Bill Levenson. This ltd edition 2LP coloured set is the first authorised release of the concert in full on vinyl. The Los Angeles Forum concert was mastered from the original 1968 analog mix reels by Kevin Reeves at Universal Mastering, Nashville, TN."