Cream - Goodbye Tour Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Way cool! I have a Derek & The Dominos program with that unusual (Dali?) crucifixion on the front cover. What year is this from? Let me guess: 1968. I saw Cream at MSG on the third night in 2004. Killer show! Sure they were older, but the music was basically the same. One of the very best concerts I've seen in my entire life!

hiterss, All Down The Line and jhm like this.
  2. donohed

donohed Hope Joy Victory !

I'm not sure, I'll have to take it down and check it out. There's a b/w version of it too.
    The one you described sounds like the Blind Faith book ? I think I once saw a Domino's program, but the BF one is much more popular.
    I myself am not a great fan of the reunion, although I'm sure it would have been great to be at one. It seemed to me that Jack wasn't firing with all of His cylinders. He was in good voice, though

All Down The Line likes this.
  3. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]
    Original Cream promo photo flyer from the collection of Janet Bruce

4. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I was able to rip discs 1, 3, and 5 using my Asus DVD drives and dBPoweramp. Disc 2 was giving me lots of grief. Finally, I tried ripping it using my LG BD Drive and EAC and ended up with a perfect rip. That LG drive is a workhorse.

MHam and andrewskyDE like this.
  5. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Looking in my folders shows that D2 gave me issues as well with Asus BD drive. Had to put the D2 files through CUETools for repair.

6. Manufacturing quality for CAds have gotten as bad as manufacturing qualities for vinyl.

Nomadicarchivist likes this.
  7. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

While it's a standalone so it won't rip, I have an old $40 Cyberhome DVD player that will play almost any damaged disc I've thrown at it!

Years ago, I asked them if it was possible to buy the transport as a standalone. Unfortunately, the person who responded didn't understand English.

8. All Down The Line

All Down The Line Senior Member

Did they send a car to take you to their store?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Seeing the comments about ripping issues reminded me that I had meant to rip an archive copy of this set.

Using dBpoweramp, every disc ripped just fine with art, song titles in English, album disc attribution, etc. - except for disc 2. Sorry for the off-the-monitor photo quality, but obviously there is something *very* different about this particular disc.

[​IMG]

10. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Disc 5? Or was that just a typo?

11. All Down The Line

All Down The Line Senior Member

He may be hanging with a Buddy and some Groovy Children.

JulesRules and frank3si like this.
  12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Seeing this thread come up reminded me of something I have been wondering about….although it is a bit off topic.

Whatever happened to the Wheels of Fire box set? I thought it was going to be out this year, but that obviously ain’t happening at this point.

13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Good question. I wonder how much additional, unreleased material exists from that era?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Delayed and delayed again.

Not much.

15. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Thanks for the response which is why I am “liking” your post, not because the set is delayed. :wave:

hiterss and lukpac like this.
  16. hiterss

hiterss Forum Resident

Argh, guess gonna have to be more patient . :mad:
    need more cream

17. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Not much more to get.

18. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

What can we get? :cool:

hiterss, ropiyas and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I would hope the studio tracks from Goodbye could be appended to Wheels of Fire.

20. hiterss

hiterss Forum Resident

will they be releasing this in 24/96? just wondering...

Flaming Torch and moomoomoomoo like this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

That would make me happy!

hiterss likes this.
  22. tgdon'tmind

tgdon'tmind Lord, Here Comes The Flood

Isn't there anything else from the "Live at the Fillmore" residency that could be available? Considering the alternate NSU on the boxset and the alternate Sunshine on EC's After Midnight single, it always gave me hope there might be more where those came from. Or were they all just lost in the fire?

23. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I have no idea but it would be great if the set did get a 24/96 flac or even a 24/192 flac as per the 2 volumes of Cream Live. It may be I have forgotten what I actually own but there are nice Japanese sacds of the first 4 albums but not the 2 Cream Live releases.

hiterss likes this.
  24. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

Even though I got this when it came out, I just listened to it. A few/many/several times. :D Fantastic set! I'm just chuckling though. I looked at a few reviews on Amazon: too many replays of the same songs. Duh. The sound quality of the last disc is horrible. No it isn't. :) Etc.

bluesbro, Tuck1977, frank3si and 3 others like this.
  25. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

:righton:
    The last disc is always what I expected to be: audio from the filmed show that we have all seen for 50 yrs. and we are lucky to have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.