“Creed II” — November 21, 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

905 and FVDnz like this.
  2. AKA

Official synopsis:

905 likes this.
  3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Ivan Drago is back!

melstapler likes this.
  4. AKA

905, FVDnz and Encuentro like this.
  5. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Creed was a very good surprise, so I'll give this sequel a chance!

FVDnz and johnny q like this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

"Rocky Balboa" was such a nice movie. It cleaned up the franchise, restored dignity to the character, and left us with Rocky waving goodbye before fading out of the picture. It was the perfect ending.

Why must he keep coming back for more!?!

I love Sly, and I'm glad he got accolades for his performance, but I really wish I hadn't watched "Creed". It was a fine movie and all but I didn't need to witness the character suffer any more losses in his life. I'm glad Rocky made a friend and all but enough is enough, man. But of course now we got Creed II and then you know they'll be III IV and V as long as tickets keep selling. We'll see Rocky Balboa at the nursing home before this thing is over.

GodShifter and Chris DeVoe like this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Maybe for the third installment Tracy Morgan can reprise his role of "Son of Clubber Lang".

[​IMG]

8. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

I enjoyed Creed but couldn’t forgive them for showing Rocky Balboa, the world’s most famous southpaw. Writing. With. His. Right. Hand.

I’ll be boycotting this.

9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I thought Creed was just okay. Not spectacular by any means and certainly didn't leave me wanting yet more. Can't say I have any interest in this. I'd be more interested in something about a young Apollo Creed that took place in the 60's or 70's rather than more son of Creed. That wouldn't have a place for Stallone, but come on Sly, you've done this enough.

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

O' great news! looking forward to owning this...

11. Michael

you are joking right? : )
    didn't you know Rocky was ambidextrous?

Etienne Hanratty likes this.
  12. AKA

I thought Creed was one of the better movies in the franchise. Certainly better than Rockys III, IV and V.

Lonecat likes this.
  13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

No, hell no, and okay I agree on V.

Linger63 and Encuentro like this.
  14. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Agreed, better than I expected and I love boxing so I will likely see this.

15. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Damn, I was hoping Scott and the boys figured it out for a new Creed release! :)

mark renard and FVDnz like this.
  16. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

It was director Ryan Coogler who approached Stallone with the pitch, which he accepted. It wasn't like he intended for Rocky to keep going or anything. I'm sure he would have been happy with the franchise ending at Rocky Balboa, but I guess he realised there was an interesting story for Rocky moving forward. He really deserved those nominations, IMHO.

Really looking forward to the sequel though. It's funny with two anticipated movies this year (Soldado being the other) that both sequels won't be directed by the original directors. At least Coogler is still active in a Producer role, having been busy working on Black Panther thus unable to commit to Creed II. And of course, Denis Villeneuve was unavailable to direct the Sicario sequel so I hope the director will be able to execute Taylor Sheridan's screenplay as effectively as Denis did with its predecessor.

Plan9 likes this.
  17. AKA

18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Does Creed train in the Russian tundra in this one? :rolleyes:

19. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm waiting for the movie where Rocky has to train Creed to face the illegitimate grandson of Spider Rico, who happens to rent a condo from Clubber Lang, who surprise surprise ended up marrying Gloria from the pet store.

Just then... the phone rings - "TAKE HER TO THE ZOO!"

"I SHOULDA BROKE YOUR THUMB!!!!!!"

20. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...you're my hero.

21. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

But seriously, Sly should've stopped after-Rocky I,but there was money to be made and ego's to stroke....I can see it now...Rocky XX-fifty sixty years after retirement Rock has to put on the gloves once again after some loud mouth challenges him to a title fight...for the-Wheelchair Championship Of The Senior Citizen's Home..blind in one eye and glaucoma in the other both legs useless our Rocky fights on...Rocky Rocky Rocky!!!

22. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I don't care what the haters say..bring it!!

RoyalScam, 905, FVDnz and 4 others like this.
  23. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

That does sound like it would be pretty good. There was a lot going back then regarding the boxing world crossing over into the political world. A great deal could be mined from that.

24. Michael

as long as Sly makes them I'll own them...love every single one.

25. Michael

nah, we needed them all to get to the final; Rocky Balboa which was fabulous in every aspect! PERFECT ending to the franchise...Creed is not Rocky it's Rocky's hobby now....and fabulous as well. I love the character and I'm thrilled to see him thriving.

aussievinyl, Encuentro and FVDnz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.