Creedence Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MYQ1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Pendulum is simply stunning. The production is what slays me in the end- stark. No room for mistakes. Some of my favorite songs: Pagan Baby, Molina, Hey Tonight, Just A Thought, geeze, I may as well list the whole track listing.

Fogerty was a genius back in the day.

murch, Greenalishi, savemenow and 6 others like this.
  2. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

CCR is one of those few bands that doesn't have a bad song, save for some of Mardi Gras. Most if not all of John Fogerty's compositions are timeless, and I think it's criminal that Ramble Tamble is not on any hits collection. Listening to all of the individual releases, even Mardi Gras is a must-do.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I agree. :righton:

4. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

@WithinYourReach Ramble Tamble is on this 2 cd set. It also has Effigy and Pagan Baby which are sometimes omitted from their compilations. However, it omits Tombstone Shadow another favorite.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    laf848, Blue Cactus, The Hud and 3 others like this.
  5. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark I'm supposed to put something witty here....

Bite the bullet & get the first six albums for sure. All six are essential. Mardi Gras has three essential cuts, all John's, (I'm including his cover of Hello Mary Lou in the trio), & the rest is indeed subpar filler, at least to me.

Of the first six, my personal favorites are Cosmo's Factory & Green River. For years Cosmo's Factory was my favorite, but Green River has surpassed it for me.

Some of Pendulum is a bit iffy, but it still works.

6. Richard Bennett

Richard Bennett Forum Resident

Actually, they have a couple stray tracks that never made it to an album. "Call It Pretending" was the B-side to Porterville released before the first album came out. "45 Revolutions Per Minute" was a promo A/B Side released around the time of Pendulum (not really much to listen to on this single save for a few snippets of "songs" written specifically for this novelty track).

Coppertop Tester likes this.
  7. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

In my opinion the first five albums are all essential. Bayou Country and Willy and the Poor Boys are both stone cold classics. Get the albums. Hollywood 'H cuts' to be specific.

WithinYourReach likes this.
  8. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG][​IMG]

This one is also interesting and contains Tombstone Shadow and Pagan Baby. However, it omits Ramble Ramble and Effigy. It also has a bonus best of live disc as well. Some of the live tracks apparently come from the bonus tracks used on the individual album remasters.

Finch Platte and MYQ1 like this.
  9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Those tracks are now included as bonus tracks on the cd remasters of the albums.

10. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Glad to see that the Australians got it. That's the problem with CCR, they have so many good songs that you can't make a greatest hits compilation without leaving off something great.

ODShowtime likes this.
  11. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Create your own 2 disc cdr set. You can fit most of what you want on it. Neither Chronicles or Chronicles Vol.2 utilize the full cd length and those combined are 40 tracks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    MYQ1 likes this.
  12. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

THANK YOU!
    I've been scouring CCR comps & that is the only one that has all the tunes I'm looking for.

ARK and John Fell like this.
  13. Zappateer

Zappateer Forum Resident

All their releases except that last one are essential.

Bluesman Mark likes this.
  14. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

You're welcome @MYQ1.

MYQ1 likes this.
  15. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Not if it's a 8 cd compilation!

WithinYourReach and SteveM like this.
  16. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

This comp also omits their first single Porterville which did not chart. The other compilation I posted includes it.

17. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Creedence = deep cuts.

18. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Yeah, if you buy both Chronicles volumes you miss Bootleg one of my favorite tracks and it is included on both of the compilations I posted.

Fullbug likes this.
  19. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

Absolutely! The hits are awesome no doubt. But it’s the deep cuts where this band really struts their stuff!

Many have been mentioned. One of my favorites not yet mentioned is the instrumental Side O’ The Road off of WATPB.

There’s so many. Just get all the albums!

Coppertop Tester and Fullbug like this.
  20. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I tend to think the first album, Pendulum and Mardi Gras are a bit weaker than the others. They have their moments but I don't enjoy them as much as the other albums.

21. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I started out with comps but I could never see myself listening to them again. I really think you should just save your money and buy all the albums rather than going for a comp. You can burn your own CD-R comp from there.

I saved my 3CD All Time Classics for the live disc, but I'm pretty sure none of those tracks are unique, just repeats from the 2008 CDs and the Concert album. Both Chronicle albums were sold a while back. Actually I can't remember if I ever bought the second one, I think I got All Time Classics after finding out Chronicle didn't have "Bayou" on it. I really can't remember...

22. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

I think you are probably in the majority opinion there John. But in the last few years I find myself reaching for Pendulum more than any other. John brought the Hammond B3 organ into their sound and I really enjoy it. Deep cuts like (Wish I Could)Hideaway and It’s Just A Thought are incredible songs. And I think Hideaway is up there amongst the best vocal performances Fogerty ever put on tape!!

Finch Platte and savemenow like this.
  23. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Buy all the albums save for "Mardi Gras" and you'll have the essential CCR.

Bluesman Mark likes this.
  24. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This one has Ramble Tamble, Effigy, Tombstone Shadow, Pagan Baby and Porterville but manages to omit Bootleg.

25. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just put this together for the vehicles & phone (& for the time being):

[​IMG]

1. Born On The Bayou (5:16)
    2. Bad Moon Rising (2:20)
    3. Green River (2:34)
    4. Susie Q (4:35)
    5. I Put A Spell On You (4:32)
    6. Down On The Corner (2:44)
    7. Lookin' Out My Back Door (2:32)
    8. Cotton Fields (2:58)
    9. Jambalaya (John Fogerty) (3:15)
    10. Hearts Of Stone (John Fogerty) (2:09)
    11. Long As I Can See The Light (3:34)
    12. The Midnight Special (Live) (3:48)
    13. Night Time Is The Right Time (Live) (3:26)
    14. Almost Saturday Night (John Fogerty) (2:28)
    15. Rockin' All Over The World (John Fogerty) (2:54)
    16. It Came Out Of The Sky (2:56)
    17. Up Around The Bend (2:42)
    18. Hey Tonight (2:42)
    19. Good Golly Miss Molly (2:43)
    20. Travelin' Band (Live) (2:09)
    21. Fortunate Son (Live) (2:24)
    22. Commotion (Live) (2:36)
    23. Proud Mary (Live) (3:02)
    24. Keep On Chooglin' (Live) (9:11)

jamesmaya and John Fell like this.