Croft Phono Integrated

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Art K, May 6, 2020.

1. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

I've been using dual volume pots on my McCormack preamp for decades now. They are actually tied together with a string inside the preamp so you can just turn one of them. But turning both allows for balance adjustment.

2. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Also wondering how much better (if better) de Micro 25/7 combination is compared to the Integrated with MM Phono. How would somebody describe the difference.

3. sotosound

sotosound Forum Resident

My local dealer, Deco Audio, has suggested that the differences are very small.

The advantage of the separates is that having two boxes provides more space for internal upgrades. The one-box integrated is more limited in that respect, especially if it’s also got the built-in phono stage.

4. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Thanks. The difference money-wise is "only" 700 euro's. With the idea of definitely upgrading from the Integrated to separates probably better to start with the Micro 25/7 (with built in MM Phono). Wonder if it's cheaper to order directly from Glenn. Have asked him if he prefers that.

5. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

Ah, yes, Pear Audio... selling rebranded Croft pre-amps.

I recall reading somewhere that Glenn uses the same case on all of his gear because it saves money. Smart.

6. tomlomtimlim

tomlomtimlim Well-Known Member

I apologize if this has already been covered (I have scanned through the entire thread) but does anyone know what class these amplifiers are?

I am considering the Integrated Version R which used the Series 7R power amp stage instead of the Series 7 as found in the Phono Integrated.

I cannot seem to find any information regarding the class of amplifier though. I assume they are not Class A due to the size and apparent lack of required cooling measures.

Thanks

7. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

World class. I'm a noob. I just listen and when it sounds good buy them.

8. tomlomtimlim

tomlomtimlim Well-Known Member

Ha! I guess that trumps any other type of class.

I have just seem a post on another forum claiming they are Class A/B but cannot find any official looking verification. I think I am settled on a Schiit Freya + and Aegir combo anyway.

Enjoy your Croft equipment guys!

RemyM likes this.
  9. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired! Thread Starter

Any technical questions about Croft products can be directly emailed to Glenn Croft who answers all emails. He’s very responsive.

10. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

Class A , A/B, D ,G does it matter as long as they sound great

Fishoutofwater and Art K like this.
  11. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired! Thread Starter

...and you enjoy your Schiit.:cool:

tomlomtimlim likes this.
  12. timind

timind phorum rezident

The output stage looks to be A/B (solid state).

tomlomtimlim likes this.
  13. sotosound

sotosound Forum Resident

I've just been told by Glenn that it's the same phono stage in the Integrated, the RIAA phono stage and the Micro 25.

RemyM likes this.
  14. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

The Croft Integrated can be ordered with a single volume control from Divine Audio in the UK.
    Croft Acoustics Integrated Amplifier - Divine Audio

james likes this.
  15. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

How would the Croft compare to the Rega Elex-R, especially the phono stage?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  16. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

That's a solid state amp right?

Don't want to steal your question but i'm very curious how a Croft Int/25/7 sounds compared to a Line Magnetic 34ia.

17. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Also, which speakers do you use?

18. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

I was constantly upgrading my hi-fi through the 1970s/1980s and in 1990 I came across Croft Acoustics for the first time. I was hooked! Still have the two Croft Series 4 power amplifiers, Croft Super Micro A preamplifier and the Croft Head Amplifier (for moving coil cartridges).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JG

19. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

Yamaha NS-690.

20. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

Elex-R = solid-state
    Croft Integrated = hybrid tube/solid-state

21. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

RemyM likes this.
  22. LARGERTHAN

LARGERTHAN Forum Resident

Both excellent amps. The 34ia is high value, quality control is excellent, good dealer support almost everywhere.

Crofts can be routinely found in uk market used for approximately 600 pounds. Obviously not as common stateside.

Denizen23 and RemyM like this.
  23. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

What are you trying to say?

24. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

I've recently bought a Croft Micro 25 to go with my Series 7 and I couldn't be happier; soundstage, clarity, dynamism, the two black understated boxes do it all in absolute spades. I wonder how great the R upgrades could be?!

sotosound and RemyM like this.
  25. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

Yeah. And the upgrade options are nice to have. Can imagine it's a great combination for your LP12. That's next on my list.

myles likes this.