Crowded House is back

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bRETT, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member Thread Starter

Fresh off the presses...

December 9, 2019 – To the surprise and delight of longtime loyal fans, Crowded House announced today that they will tour Europe this summer. The tour will visit some of Europe’s most iconic venues along with featured performances at prestigious summer festivals including Pinkpop. Joining founding members Neil Finn and Nick Seymour will be Mitchell Froom, Liam Finn and Elroy Finn. In addition to touring, the band also recently noted that they are spending time in the studio with new music on the horizon.

Following Neil Finn’s surprise star turn and a very successful world tour with Fleetwood Mac, Neil and Nick Seymour have been energized and inspired to begin a new chapter in the Crowded House story. A new generation seems to have grown up and connected with their songs and now will get to experience the band live. As was recently announced, Crowded House will be kicking off the next chapter of their story by appearing as a headliner at the Byron Bay Blues and Roots festival.

Tickets for most shows go on-sale Friday, December 13th, please check local listings for details

EUROPEAN TOUR ITINERARY:
    Tuesday, June 16 Cardiff, UK Motorpoint Arena
    Wednesday, June 17 Glasgow, UK SSE Hydro Arena
    Thursday, June 18 Birmingham, UK Arena Birmingham
    Saturday, June 20 Landgraaf, Netherlands Pinkpop Festival
    Sunday, June 21 Werchter, Belgium TW Classic
    Tuesday, June 23 Berlin, Germany Tempodrom
    Wednesday, June 24 Cologne, Germany Live Music Hall
    Friday, June 26 Zeeland, Netherlands Concert At Sea
    Monday, June 29 Cork, Ireland Live at The Marquee - Cork
    Wednesday, July 1 Dublin, Ireland Trinity College
    Thursday, July 2 Manchester, UK Castlefield Bowl
    Saturday, July 4 London, UK Roundhouse
    Sunday, July 5 London, UK Roundhouse

Paul H, ispace, Sean and 16 others like this.
  2. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Sorry- less Crowded House, sounding more like Neil and family.

Gorgon, melstapler and chickendinna like this.
  3. bRETT

If it's a combo lineup with Nick Seymour on bass it's Crowded House. And Froom is as much a part of CH history as any of the others.

notgoblin, Gardo, Mooserfan and 11 others like this.
  4. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

Sorry, but I am a huge fan of everything the brothers fin concerned, but I lost interest completely of neil and house when neil got his family members on board.
    Just because you are a relative doesn't mean you have the same talent. Just listen for that nonsense he made with his wife.
    I also could have done without his sons on the seven worlds collide live dvds

Nick Drake fan and melstapler like this.
  5. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Cork and Dublin are already on sale.

6. dthomas850

dthomas850 Forum Resident

Such a shame that you've never made nonsense with your spouse.

Ken.e., Sean, painted8 and 5 others like this.
  7. Madrid

Madrid Forum Resident

Wonder if this means Neil Finn's tenure in Fleetwood Mac was only a short term one.

8. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

"Weather With You" is one of my 7 year old son's favorite songs.

Andy Saunders and featheredfiend like this.
  9. bRETT

Probably just means that Fleetwood Mac is off for the forseeable future.

Sean, bmh5879, krock2009 and 4 others like this.
  10. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Well, not all his family. He could have roped in his brother. (missed opportunity)

AKA-Chuck G, Bemsha, pwhytey and 5 others like this.
  11. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

If "Finnwood Mac" is done does that mean " Fleetwood Mac" has played it's last show?

Peter Green/Buckingham may have also done their final full shows.

OptimisticGoat, Hep Alien and DTK like this.
  12. featheredfiend

featheredfiend Forum Resident

Underrated band for sure...Woodface is an absolute gem of a record.

Further, Ken.e., DiBosco and 14 others like this.
  13. bRETT

My guess is that they have finished this swing and the next tour is at least a year away, assuming everybody stays healthy. But that would just be my guess.

melstapler and Ryan Lux like this.
  14. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Many people say No Paul, no CH.

Who's going to sing Rhiannon ?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  15. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

It probably means he made fun of Stevie's chiffon twirling or her 2 hour speeches.

Ken.e., Comet01, bmh5879 and 3 others like this.
  16. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

In a perfect world, that's true. But like everything else in life, you make the best of your circumstances.

And anyway, technically Paul wasn't in the band anymore. I wonder if he would've joined for the reunion.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  17. Bob Lamonta

Bob Lamonta Forum Resident

Huge Neil Finn fan here, all iterations and projects. Even when he swings and misses (to my ears, at least), I appreciate that he's always looking forward. Mark Hart's absence will be felt, no doubt. He was an integral part of my favorite Crowded album (Together Alone) and the best live shows I've heard from the band (on tape, at least). Very excited that Froom is involved, though. Liam and Elroy are talented guys, and if it makes Neil and Sharon happy to have their children involved in the family biz, then good for them. That being said, I would personally prefer to a bit more "tension" on stage. It generally makes for better music.

Of course, if I were in my early 60s and looking to have a great tour and enjoy life on the road, I would almost certainly bring my kids along as well. I get it.

Gardo, Mooserfan, Koabac and 10 others like this.
  18. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought I read that Tim's son is in the band too. Though six people seems like too many -- a little crowded, you might say -- for Crowded House. Maybe someone exaggerating rumours they heard?

motownmaniac and Fullbug like this.
  19. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Hart did bring a wonderful feel to CH with his guitar work on Together Alone - the concerts from this time period are transcendent.

20. Squealy

You don't think there's tension between family members?

mr_spenalzo and Finch Platte like this.
  21. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Where’s Tim?

melstapler likes this.
  22. Bob Lamonta

Bob Lamonta Forum Resident

Ha! Sure, there's tension in all families, but given all the Finn Family Fun we've seen / heard in recent years, I'd wager that there aren't a lot of rows between Father and Sons in this particular brood. I really enjoyed the Lightsleeper album, and it's clear that Liam is a talented guy in his own right, but I imagine that he and Elroy are used to living in their father's considerable shadow and will basically play anonymous sidemen on this upcoming tour and album.

I d0n't mean this to be rude or dismissive, but the Finn offspring haven't eclipsed their father's legacy in the same way that, say, Rufus Wainwright has, so I see this as a situation where Neil is doing his boys a favor. Again, I'd probably do the same in his shoes.

I don't think I've heard Elroy's drumming. Hopefully he can bring some power and swing back there. Paul Hester was a more powerful drummer than most might assume given the pop-friendly nature of Crowded House. And he had great feel. His sense of humor is, of course, a whole other subject.

Gardo, Hep Alien and Paul H like this.
  23. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I'll trade Liam and Elroy for Tim...and they should ask Lindsey Buckingham too, after all fair's fair...

Ken.e., pwhytey, JDeanB and 6 others like this.
  24. Squealy

Tim doesn't really belong in Crowded House, as the Woodface tour proved.

I don't know how Elroy sings but Liam has inherited the Finn vocal style so he will easily be able to sing Tim's parts in the Woodface songs, and other songs where Tim guested, or replicate backing vocals of Neil's.

Ken.e., melstapler, kouzie and 2 others like this.
  25. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Doesn’t really belong?

OptimisticGoat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.