Crutchfield $20 off $99 -- AT440MLA $87 shipped

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by portisphish, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portisphish

portisphish Forum Resident Thread Starter

My son destroyed my AT440MLA, so I needed to get a new one. :realmad:

Use this code at Crutcfield PA165 for $20 off a $99 purchase. The AT440MLA is $99.....total shipped with coupon is $86.98.

2. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

What sort of product is this you speak of?

3. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

4. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

5. portisphish

I have the Shure and the AT, and personally prefer the AT. This is the cheapest price I found for the AT, and that's why I posted.

6. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Amazon has sold 2 of the Shure just since my post about an hour ago. Apparently there's a couple of people on this forum that like them besides me.

For $67.10 I'm tempted to buy one myself but I don't have a turntable right now.

update: They just sold another. So now that's 3.

7. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Well, you know what to do. ;)

8. portisphish

It's worth $67, that's for "shure", but for an extra $20, it's worth it for me for the AT's tracking ability alone. There is at least one long comparison thread highlighting these two cartridges.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=94964&highlight=440mla+shure+m97xe

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Amazon sold out of it today. I'd guess all the sales were to members here, or lurkers. Now the Amazon page refers you to J&R which charges more for it.

10. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Thanks portisphish for posting the link and the code. I'd been looking for a cartridge to replace mine after it befell a similar fate to yours at the hands of someone in the house and had looked at each of the cartridges that were mentioned in this thread. After reading through the discussions here, I went with the Audio-Technica.

11. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Here's what an Amazon reviewer had to say about the Shure (and the Audio Technica) cartridges:

'Some may call this a sleeper cartridge in two ways: Either you will want something with more brighter highs or boomy bass and claim the Shure has no "wow" factor (in that case, try the Audio Technica AT 440 ML linear cartridge) OR it is a sleeper because the overall sound quality is so surprisingly great in the audiophile sense and for it's "good deal" price range !'

12. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Yes, I read the Amazon reviews too and I wasn't trying to sway people over to the Audio-Technica by my post. Either cartridge is a great deal given the prices (and the Shure at Amazon's price is a steal) but given my set up, the Audio-Technica was going to be a better fit. There really is no wrong choice between the two and it's good to be able to use the experience of others to help you make the final call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.