CSN(Y) What’s Next?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DEAN OF ROCK, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Booyaa73

Booyaa73 Often wrong, never in doubt.

I pre-ordered this.

agundy, Jim57, Sean and 10 others like this.
  2. Booyaa73

5 way street?

3. Booyaa73

Croz needs money. He recently sold his catalog, but I don't know how much he got for it.

Sean, human riff 999 and Chrome_Head like this.
  4. I think it’s more likely to resemble CSNY1974 in format.However the film concert is likely to be 1 complete show.
    It is coming.I think work on it is largely completed and it’s sitting in Neil’s pile of stuff for future release.

jay.dee, Matthew Tate and linklinc1 like this.
  5. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Human Highway would be a dream come true. The Long May You Run sessions with Crosby and Nash vocals would be another dream come true. The 1st one is doable.

6. FrankenStrat

FrankenStrat Forum Resident

Didn't I read hereabouts that Graham Nash was contemplating working on a reissue of Deja Vu with full length versions of the songs?

7. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Yeah, considering that the "baby" of the group, Chris Hillman, is 77 (with McGuinn and Crosby both now in their 80's).

8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

What's next? Not much it seems.

There's still maybe hope that Neil forgives Crosby for his comments, but probably not with Daryl Hannah in the picture.

Crosby is going strong with his music, so while it would be a big payday for him to reunite with CSNY, I don't see where it benefits him creatively.

I don't know much about what Stills or Nash are doing. But a reunion of all 4 just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Autotune Sucks likes this.
  9. JSKC

JSKC Forum Resident

If there’s one thing I’ve learned during these past 20 years - 20 years that has seen Brian Wilson release Smile, Dylan release The Cutting Edge 1965-66 and my Red Sox win 4 World Series - I’ve finally learned what Sean Connery was trying to tell me in 1983. Never Say Never Again.

10. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Probably a Fillmore East archival set.

JSKC, ET3311, Matthew Tate and 5 others like this.
  11. human riff 999

human riff 999 Forum Resident

Rough estimate from what I read...all his work which is considerable...roughly between 100 and 200 million.....

Chrome_Head likes this.
  12. czyhorse75

czyhorse75 Forum Resident

It’s sad really, that they were able to work off and on for all these years just to give up on each other at the end. If any of the four get together in any combination it would be a minor miracle. Time has been wasted on the way and is probably too late at this point.

I’m hoping we see some more archival releases from the CSN camp (group or solo). Neil is certainly holding up his end with his archives output. A vinyl reissue of the ‘91 box set would be a wish list item for me.

ET3311 and Chrome_Head like this.
  13. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

The funeral home?

Nash is on a solo tour right now. Her could be debuting songs about the best sex of his life, I don't know. He's playing nearby but it's a lot of money and I'm not THAT interested in a Nash solo gig.

Croz is retired from touring. I think that $100-$200M is more than enough to keep him going for the rest of his life.

J_D__ and footlooseman like this.
  14. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

You and me both

agundy, JDeanB and Ryan Lux like this.
  15. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

If you don’t know how much money he got, then how do you know he needs money?

16. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I like the quite one

17. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

????

18. Autotune Sucks

Autotune Sucks Forum Resident

Neil's massive ego would never be able to come to terms with the fact that David Crosby is currently the most talented and relevant of the four. Nash might not be able to, either.

jonathan, The Loner, No Bull and 4 others like this.
  19. czyhorse75

czyhorse75 Forum Resident

I know everyone likes to diss Nash, and I’m quite convinced he’s a self obsessed jerk in real life, but if you get the chance I would not pass up an opportunity to see him on this current tour. His voice is still in very good shape for his age and he played a pretty tight show with some deep cuts and covers of some Stills and Young songs. Really the only way to get a live CSN experience at this point.

20. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

When I saw CSNY in 2006, I was really excited about seeing him as I had recently dove into his early solo material. Prior to that, I attended the opening night of one of his photography exhibits in San Diego where he spoke. It was all wonderful. His stock really stock dropped with me after I attempted to read his autobiography a couple of years ago. I think this was discussed in another thread, so I won't rehash it here. It really turned me off of him.

scousette, jhm and czyhorse75 like this.
  21. linklinc1

linklinc1 Forum Resident

I doubt it was even in the 10's of millions. Never in his career was Crosby the guy who delivered hit songs/singles- although he's one of the 3 composer's of "Eight Miles High".

Sure he got enough to run out the clock here comfortably- if he's any kind of smart & doesn't live to 111 or something... although, maybe even if...

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  22. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

I heard Crosby promoting his last album (which was pretty good) on Stern and I got the impression that financially he was doing OK. Nash seems really bitter these days. Stills has hearing issues. And Young is still pissed at Crosby and too used to doing what he damn well wants to do. What would be ideal is if they just authorized their managers to just deal with the reissues/archives and avoid the conflicts and drama. And do it now, while they're all still kicking.

Matthew Tate and faceinthecrowd like this.
  23. classicrockguy

classicrockguy Forum Resident

Don't want to see anything of his "popping up", I think I'd skip that one :hurlleft:

24. andyediewatt

andyediewatt Forum Resident

Most relevant? Say what? Most talented? Nah Neil has always been top dog.
    You definitely reeled me in with that comment though you're free to express it.

A CSNY 2000 or 2002 release or timeline concert release on Neil's archives would be all I need. Also the comment about a reconstructed Human Highways album would be great.
    As a group they peaked in 1970 and Neil's ego, legacy and talent turned CSN into has beens and irrelevant fairly quickly.

p.s. the CSNY 74 is under appreciated.

25. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I don't foresee any further CSN(Y) releases. The focus is on solo stuff, which I am really glad about.

Nash has an album due with Allan Clarke. Nash also back in 2020 suggested he had a solo album ready at that point, but no idea if that has now been incorporated into the duo album or not.

Crosby has at least 1more studio album coming (would love some live stuff also)

Stills has hinted at archival projects including Manassas

Who the hell manages to keep up with Neil these days.??

Matthew Tate likes this.