CSNY Deja Vu 50th anniversary reissue - May 14, 2021 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Josip, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

So he can keep his house and horse farm???

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

anything released in the vein of 'deja vu' will probably (well, almost certainly) have to have neil young's approval.....now a couple of years ago i would have said forget it, but since eliot roberts is gone, thing might just change.

and what crosby really needs is a full-fledged CSNY tour....about 30 40 dates.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Frank Discussion

Frank Discussion Forum Resident

That album is one of my all time favs. Would love to see a box set of some one.
    Maybe it should be rushed out (49th Anniversary deluxe edition) to help Cosby.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'd chip in a few bucks. Been listening to the man since the Byrds. Brought me a lot of enjoyment.

5. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Maybe it’s Croz’s way of trying to get CSNY back together, by pleading broke.

I would love a Deja Vu box though, please make it happen!

DK Pete and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I've said it before - I am predicting some CSNY shows fall 2020.

siebrand and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Craig Slowinski

Craig Slowinski Forum Resident

Well, what I get out of this (meaning, his interview) is that even if he DOES outright own his home - which he very well may - he doesn't have any money to live off of outside of his touring & merch income (no savings), and therefore might have to sell his house just to have money to live off of (food, gas, utilities, medical expenses). And remember, even with no mortgage, you might be paying a whale of a property tax bill every year - especially if your house is "very, very nice" as a poster above described it.

Maybe the answer if for CSNY to jointly rent a large house somewhere, forcing them to reunite!

8. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Imagine if this release has live stuff as good as the 1974 Box.

9. siebrand

siebrand music lover

Well... our Arena di Verona is one of the most beauty place to play in.
    Neil alreeady was here, years ago.
    Tell them I'll be there, OK? September 2020 or May 2021.
    Thanks

10. Cabazon

Cabazon Well-Known Member

Sums it up for me. David has lived a charmed existence to say the least and Lord knows I love him and his music but he should not be facing being homeless just a downsize. I will likely be facing the former if the economy goes belly up. Gonna be tough for everyone to pay the mortgage D.

11. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

And I as well!

Mooserfan and Cabazon like this.
  12. neil

neil Senior Member

He should self release live recordings of all his solo tours. If he sets up a band camp and starts selling live shows like Springsteen, that will bring another income stream. Most of these shows can be cleaned up in a studio for a little cash and then release it directly to the buyer. He could also do a streaming pay per view type of concert. Make it a by request live show where people can call in and request a song, perhaps getting some of this other fellow musicians to participate.

13. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I'd think it would be even better because at that time, their individual combined force was still relatively new and immediate. Good as the '74 box was, these performances would sound fresher and energetic.

ARK likes this.
  14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

At one time...if I recall correctly...he did sell audio downloads of some of his concerts on his website. For some reason he stopped doing so.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. kohoutek

kohoutek Forum Resident

That is a very good idea. His cultural stature would, I imagine, be a strong argument for such a humanitarian residency in a number of countries. I would be very surprised if he was refused. The only issue would be getting there--private transportation would be needed. Something to consider.

16. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Bottom line is Crosby does not need to tour with his band and all the expenses that come with it - any fan that goes to see him would enjoy an evening of solo David - voice and guitar. He’s made the decision to add these needless expenses. I don’t get it

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

if you heard his band, either one of them, live, i think you would get it.

with crosby, i want to believe it is all about the music, not the money.

18. danasgoodstuff

danasgoodstuff Forum Resident

If he owns the house outright, or even has substantial equity, he could reverse mortgage it, not an ideal solution but if it would give him the cash flow for meds it might be the best available.

Mainline461, Matthew Tate and Shawn like this.
  19. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Hopefully, the Deja Vu reissue will do well sales-wise and put Crosby in the black. I’m definitely in.

rockclassics and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. For health care, wouldn’t he be on Medicare?

21. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Yeah but Medicare only pays 80 percent. You need supplemental to cover the rest.

Matthew Tate and audiomixer like this.
  22. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

As usual, the guy you responded to continues to be a real standup citizen.

Surely there’s a bridge for him to troll under, somewhere.

23. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Does he have a recording studio in his house? If he does, couldn't they all work on the "Deja Vu" reissue there & claim it as a business expense?

ssmith3046 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Boy, I wish that were the case. I agree with you as to how bad that is, but...I just read “Nobody’s Victim”, about cyberstalking and other vicious behavior, online and off. It’s eye-opening and deeply dispiriting to be reminded of the depths to which some humans can sink, especially when internet anonymity encourages them.

DTK and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

he will never be homeless...I wish him well, but he has many ppl that will give him a hand...more than most these days.