CTI Japan 2013 "Supreme Collection" Series (Direct from Masters- No EQ Added)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by noname74, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can relate to what you are saying. I don't know if I would call it "Smooth Jazz" (probably not), but the CTI label had kind of a slick sound. And compared to classic Jazz from labels such as Blue Note or Prestige, the output from CTI is often not regarded as highly. Still, I quite like the sound and the 70's feel to it. Those aren't the most essiential Jazz recordings, but they can still be fun to listen to. If it is not someone else's cup of tea, I an fully understand though.

2. Thanks for the info.

3. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

If it isn't too bothersome, can anyone reading Japanese explain how to enter the tickets for the CTI Summer Jazz givaways?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

If you have to ask, you got no shot, hombre.

5. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Is this on the web site? If so, try Chrome and see its translator works on it.

6. Claude

Claude Senior Member

Aren't these promo actions usually limited to the territory of the release, i.e. Japan?

7. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

No they are cards that come with each CD. I scanned it.

8. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

When, if ever, will we see the A&M/CTi Kai Winding and J.J. Johnson albums on CD?

I am giving up hope for "Betwixt & Between", "Isreal" and "Stonebone".

Dan likes this.
  9. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

I guess you're right. There is no space where you would write your country to send a CD to.

10. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

RiRiIII likes this.
  11. So, how can you obtain this bonus, the 3 CD's? Do you have to buy all the titles in the series?

12. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Acc to Bing Translator: " Collect 5 entry ticket 'CTI SUPREME COLLECTION" series all 40 titles will b ereleased on 12/11/2013 CD inclusion one at a time, to apply for CD in enclosed private postcard and original Edition with the same content is domestic unread CD live album, see CTI Summer Jazz At The Hollywood Bowl' all three titles presents more, like one title (sale)!(deadline must be postmarked 6/1/2014)"

http://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/artist/artist.aspx?ps=20&p=2&artist=44443#tabpage3

13. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Yeah and does that make any bit of sense to you? It's a terribly structured translation. It needs some periods or something.

ex

14. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

It was even worse. The content is obvious to me. In the meantime our resident translator can provide better input I guess.

However, the essence is that "the three volumes are now scheduled for release in June as three separate Blu-spec CDs," acc. to the blog link above.

15. ganma

ganma Senior Member

According to the info at Tower.jp if you buy 5 CDs you can send in the application tickets inside to get a bonus album. The choices are:
    (1)『CTI Summer Jazz At The Hollywood Bowl Live One』CTI All Stars
    (2)『CTI Summer Jazz At The Hollywood Bowl Live Two』CTI All Stars
    (3)『CTI Summer Jazz At The Hollywood Bowl Live Three』CTI All Stars

The offer ends in June.

I think this is a Japan only offer, though. Even if you fill everything in they probably wouldn't post a freebee overseas. Too expensive.

16. What do you have to use for proof of purchase for this offer. I know that sometimes you had to remove a corner from the OBI, but I don't see a perforated corner on those OBI's.

17. ganma

ganma Senior Member

You have to have the 5 'application tickets' which you attach to the post card on the triangles down below.

18. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

are you guys sure that the offer extends to outside of Japan?
    I know that these things are usually on the edge of an obi, but I wouldn't deface one..
    and you never see these cut off here...these things are only about $10 here, so if you add in the probable postage,
    you may as well just buy these CDs and save yourselves the hassles....
    I'd be open to offers to buy a butt-load of these for you and ship them myself...

19. I am quite sure that they wouldn't ship the bonus CD outside of Japan, but that issue could be solved somehow.

I wouldn't want to cut my OBI's, but I would be willing to "sacrifice" the cardboard application inlays if that is all what is required. I bought more than 15 titles in total, so I could get all three volumes that way.

I didn't think that these bonus CD will be available for general sale, are they?

20. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Wait so they require you to cut the UPC off the obi? I thought I just had to send in the entry card?

21. No. Each application card has a little triangle on the bottom right corner on one side. You cut out this triangle from four application cards and glue it to the fifth application card in the respective area. This is why each application card has four respective places for the corners, and you need a total of five such corners to get one of the CD's. I can't read Japanese, but this is what I figured out so far.

So it seems like you can get all 3 bonus CD's if you bought a total of 15 titles in the series (which I have).

I'd have to figure out what needs to be filled in on the application card. And then you need to know someone in Japan who you could send the CD's to.

22. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian Thread Starter

and move to Japan to get them.

23. I have some contacts in Japan who I maybe could have the CD's sent to, so that part can be solved. And then they could mail the CD's to me.

24. ganma

ganma Senior Member

Without a Japanese address you won't get anywhere.
    Anyway...

From the top:
    Address/ Phone
    Name /Male or Female
    Q1 — the CD code numbers
    Q2 — How did you learn about this (Choose 4. for Internet)
    Q3 — Name of the shop you bought the CDs (optional - write nothing)
    Q4 — What are some magazines you often buy?
    Q5 — What Newspapers do you buy?
    Q6 — What do you use as a reference for buying CDs (choose 5 for internet)
    Q7 — What jazz CDs would you like to be made available next?

RiRiIII, rjstauber and Leroy Bad like this.
  25. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

There doesn't appear to be anything on the tickets that says it applies to Japan only.
    I have sent King Records an e-mail asking for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.