CTI Japan 2013 "Supreme Collection" Series (Direct from Masters- No EQ Added)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by noname74, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

And then they want you to cut the corners off each card and glue them the 4 triangle places? That sounds like an easy way to cheat.

2. ganma

ganma Senior Member

The corners off the OBI so you can't cheat. I don't have them, but I'm guessing the 'application tickets' referred to in the card refers to the OBI corners others mentioned.

3. I don't think so. Look at post #78. You can see the triangle in the bottom right corner. Then there is room for four more triangles on the application card, and you need to purchase 5 CD's to take part in the offer (1 triangle from the application card you are filling out and 4 more triangles from other application Cards). If you had to take Corners off the OBI's, then there would have to be room for 5 triangles. The OBI's don't have any such triangles. I am aware that in the past, they often had a perforated triangle on the back of the OBI for similar offers, but not here.

I don't see the difference between using triangles of the OBI vs. the application card with regards to cheating.

I wouldn't cut my OBI's.

4. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

There are 4 triangles and a space for one more (on the right side) on the card. It is obvious you must cut the Obi.

This kind of system where you cut off the obi has been relatively common in Japan.

5. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

But what part of the OBI do you cut? There is no indication of any corner to cut on the obi that would even identify what it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. I am aware of the system with cutting the OBI, but then the OBI has a respective part which is clearly marked. Not so with this series.

I don't understand what you mean with "a space for one more (on the right side) on the card". Are you suggesting that they outlined the space for 4 triangles and then they want you to stick another triangle to the right of the 4 outlined triangles? We are talking about Japan here, this would never be the case. If you have to glue 5 triangles on the card, then there would be 5 outlined triangles.

Don't you guys see the the triangle on the application card? What is the purpose of the triangle in the bottom corner on the application card in your opinion.

Every CD comes with one application card and one OBI. Why would it be any easier to fake/copy the application card compared to the OBI?

7. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

Sorry I was wrong. You don't have to cut the obi. You have to cut off the cards.

8. ganma

ganma Senior Member

You are right! I missed it the first time.

9. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Ok here is the Unfortunate Official News
    [​IMG]

10. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

Listening to Benson Good King Bad CD.
    Really souns like "no EQ" to me. The highs are slightly rolled off, but the bass is kinda booming. Overall sound too smooth for me.

11. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

isn't the CTI sound too smooth already ??? So this is smoother than smoove ....

leshafunk likes this.
  12. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Yeah Good King Bad Is one of the Benson's smoothest on CTI but theres one thats even smoother, "Benson & Farrell". For a good Benson on CTI listen to Beyond the Blue Horizon and Bad Benson.

13. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

We're not discussing the music of George Benson here, we're discussing one specific CD release. Only two titles from George Benson were released in these series - Good King Bad and White Rabbit.

I was hoping for a brighter sound, similar to what I've heard on Deodato e-Onkyo digital downloads (which to my taste were nicer than 2001 Sony remasters).

14. ganma

ganma Senior Member

I have the Mosaic Contemporary from 2007. I'm happy enough with that. I have the LP in storage.

15. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Speaking of Mosaic releases can someone describe how the George Benson In Carnegie Hall sounds? I have the RVG remaster and it doesn't sound too great.

16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I just received the Hubbard, and the two Farrells after listening again to those that I have already. That's about all the titles I need from this batch. Like these cheap Blu-Spec cds, hope we see more from Sony.

17. I have also uploaded some DR info for those albums I have and which you don't seem to have or didn't get a chance to upload yet, making the list more comprehensive (it appears there are 33 of 40 albums now listed).

18. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Cool. Personally I've obtained all I ever wanted from this collection unless I can obtain those CTI Summer Jazz CDs in June.

19. Yveslambert

Yveslambert New Member

I would really like to obtain CTI Summer Jazz At The Hollywood Bowl Live One, Two & Three. Would you be so nice to buy 15 cd's of the CTI Supreme Collection series (paid by me of course) and order the CTI Summer Jazz cd's from King Records Japan?

20. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Any news as to whether any other releases are imminent?

21. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian Thread Starter

My wallet hopes not.

robertawillisjr likes this.
  22. Yveslambert

Yveslambert New Member

Not that I know off...

23. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

Yes! Not in Japan though. In Europe BGO Records have released a double CD album of newly remastered albums of Keep Your Soul Together and Polarc AC, along with Skagly. I have the set, and the sound is greatly improved, especially for Polarc AC.
    http://www.amazon.com/Keep-Your-Together-Polar-Skagly/dp/B00IKXVMXI/

leshafunk likes this.
  24. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I bought: Jim Hall-Concierto
    Randy Weston-Blue Moses
    Joe Farrell-Penny Arcade
    Joe Beck-Beck
    Chet Baker-She Was Too Good To Me

Having fun with these discs so far!

leshafunk likes this.
  25. Leroy Bad

Leroy Bad Forum Resident

I'm just curious, but has anyone been downloading these in DSD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.