"Curb Your Enthusiasm" officially returning for a ninth season.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Best episode this season...hands down.

kanakaris likes this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Unfortunately ep8 was one of the weakest. Nothing really made me laugh. The closest I came was when Larry put the 'on the spectrum' kid to bed. The long fatwa scene at the end was painfully unfunny. Ah well....

Gavinyl and Synthfreek like this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I thought this episode was funny. My favorite part was the Muslim investigating Larry's past and being pleased with what he found. "So, Larry refused to follow the tenets of Judaism?" (or something like that) and then the approving nod.

Cassius, somnar, RK2249 and 1 other person like this.
  4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

A weird 'twist' on the last episode of "Sienfeld"; going to all those past people....
    I guess he's always gonna defend that last episode!

MikaelaArsenault and ampmods like this.
  5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Also, wasn't the line cutting bit also a Seinfeld callback?

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Wel, there WAS the 'chat & cut' he once called someone out on, but, I'm not sure... there might've been something like that on "Seinfeld",too.

7. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Too much Funkhauser!

I think Larry's right ... Bridget's kid doesn't have aspergers ... he's just an A-H. I do think Bridget was a B if she's going to get that angry at Larry and break up over something he could not have anticipated, and when he was trying to help her. He should be happy he learned this about her!

I liked the council of Muftis scene . It was a funny concept - these rigid Moslems all having advanced Larry Davidian thinking/outlook about all sorts of American culture. It was the Jewish Larry David satirizing these folks. Maybe now there will be a Fatwa against the real Larry David! LOL

The whole concept of "flipping the tip" ... Larry should have just said no about the pool and stuck with it. If the handyman retaliated ... fire him! Larry's thinking was off in thinking he owed him anything because he didn't take the tip.

somnar likes this.
  8. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Epic episode .
    Mark my words...

9. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

The mom seems to know her kid is an a-hole and merely uses “the spectrum” as an excuse. Just like a lot of people I know. And didn’t she seek out Larry in the first place, through Jeff’s wife? She was probably just looking for his help to send the kid off in the first place.

As for the tip-flip: I agree he should have said no, but he still wanted that indebtedness situation for himself.

10. RoyalScam

Not as knock out funny as last week’s, but still funnier than 90% of what’s on television at this moment.

That Fatwa Council scene had a Mel Brooksian feel to me.

11. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I loved seeing the orthodox woman from the Ski Trip (one of my favorite episodes). The dude's reaction to her cracked me up too. And KEK... haha. My Caucasian.

Like Vince said it's like the Seinfeld finale.

somnar, MikaelaArsenault and vince like this.
  12. His voice is very irritating!

MikaelaArsenault and Deesky like this.
  13. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

You can never have enough Funkhauser

Cassius, Steve...O, chacha and 7 others like this.
  14. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

I liked him a lot more when he was Super Dave.

Gavinyl likes this.
  15. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

I always forget Bob Einstein was Super Dave.

[​IMG]

Gavinyl, somnar and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. RoyalScam

I can't stand his voice...or looking at his horrible plastic surgery. But he sure is a funny guy.

17. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

That whole bit was like when Jerry got the suit from Bania and he had to take him to Mendi's and Bania ordered the soup instead of a meal...the debt that never gets paid.

I'd have fired that ***** handyman on the spot...and thrown the suit in Bania's face....though, Bania was working out...he was huge.

18. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Jeez, "m-o-r-o-n" gets bleeped out.

19. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

For all his cantankerousness, Larry strangely has a hard time firing people or getting people fired. Waiters or hotel workers have several times acted in a retaliatory manner when he didn't tip them. Instead of complaining to the manager to get them fired he buys into their nonsense and goes to great lengths to fix the situation. That coffee guy in the final episode of season 7 comes to mind. That guy should have been kicked out of there quickly, but Larry tries to fix things through an errand that is way out of his way and keeps him from a date with Cheryl.

MikaelaArsenault and RK2249 like this.
  20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Maybe yours is, too. :cool:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  21. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

My favorite part of his is still as "the surrogate" on Arrested Development.

22. RoyalScam

My eyes...MY EYES!!!!!

23. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Thanks to Curb, my friend and I now use the phrase “crack the window” pretty much every day.

24. I sound like Pavorotti next to Bob Einstein. As would most people!

25. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

He's a character actor. That's what he does. Simple.
    In fact most of the character's have irritating voices because, well...they are "characters".

Cassius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.