"Curb Your Enthusiasm" - okay, I'm hooked

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

I just started watching this show a few weeks ago (reruns are being aired nightly at 8:30 on HBO Comedy), and I have to say it's got to be the best comedy show currently being produced. Catch it if you can, folks.

Plus, Cheryl Hines is a babe.

Hurry up with the DVD, HBO!

Discuss Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David, and the babehood of Cheryl Hines.

2. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

It's amazing that most of the show is improv. My two faves are the one where Jeff is allergic to the dog and he asks his daughter to choose him or the dog (she chooses the dog) an the recent one where Larry hires the guys for the manger scene after he mistakenly ate the baby Jesus cookie. This is one of the few shows that consistently causes me to laugh out loud. Can't wait for new episodes.

Jay

3. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

The pubic hair on the throat is just so damn funny!

Brilliant Show!

HBO has a winner on their hands with that show.

Loved Mind of the Married Man too.. but it has not been renewed..

4. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

:thumbsup: Brilliant observation! She's beautiful in a non- "cookie cutter" way. You know what I mean? Not like Pamela Lee-Rock- whatever, who has a "manufactured" look, to me anyway. Cheryl is gorgeous in an oh-so REAL way.

LOVE the show, BTW! I keep HBO for CYE, The Sopranos, and occasional "Reverb"/Concert airings. I dropped Starz! due to their lack of Original programming.

5. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I never really thought of her that way... she's nice looking, I guess her voice just turns me off. Not that she is bad or anything... Just do not find her "all that."

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I love the non-acting of Jeff Garlin (Daddy Day Care) who appears just really in Larry David's life.

7. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Larry & Cheryl.

Attached Files:

8. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I've managed to download every ep from the first three seasons in MPEG format from Usenet...a really edgy show and not for everyone's taste but a scream if you're into the sarcastic, caustic kind of thing (I am!). My understanding is David hands everyone an outline of the plot and it's practically totally improvised from there...anyone know for sure?

9. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

You are correct, suh! That's also what Shawn Ryan did for the first episode of "The Shield," so he'd know how to write for the actors in future episodes.

10. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

For those of you who get the Independent Film Channel and watch "Dinner For Five" (and IF you get IFC you certainly should), there's an episode which features Peter Falk, Dom Deluise, the director of "2 Days In The Valley" (sorry, his name escapes me), and Richard Lewis. As you know, Lewis is a regular on CYE and he talks about the improv nature of the show on this episode. Highly recommended!

11. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Loved the cuting of the hair on the doll episode as well....

12. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I think my favorite episode was where Larry ruined the baptism. Yet another quality show on HBO.

13. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

There is a nativity Scene episode they will air around Christmas time (probably) that is quite funny...

love the show!

14. :laugh: :laugh: That was the first epsidode I showed my girlfriend. I've never seen her laugh so hard as she did when she watched it.

The episode where Larry David tripped Shaq was hilarious too.

15. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I watched the first three or four episodes when the show first came on the air and I gave up. I did not find it funny at all.

16. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

No Problem... its kinda like Python... it's not for everyone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.