Curing Vibration in Audio Stand

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Rattlin' Bones, Nov 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edd2b

edd2b Forum Resident

Jeepers! The concrete round these parts is quite solid and inert. :waiting: I have DIY concrete speaker stands for my old MA R652s. Nothing else was good enough! ;)

2. Use spikes!!! There will be no damage to the carpet. Buy quality spikes and make sure they sit on what ever is under the carpet and underlay. No damage at all. I helped a friend do this on a Wilton carpet worth a fortune; no problem. Promise

timind and Lowrider75 like this.
  3. MTB Vince

MTB Vince Forum Resident

You are wasting your keystrokes @Fishoutofwater . This identical advice has already been shared with the OP several times over by several different posters in this thread. He appears to have irrationally discounted it each time. It would appear he has no direct experience with how carpet spikes work and has chosen to disregard the advice of the most experienced & knowledgeable members here...

4. Rattlin' Bones

Rattlin' Bones Grumpy Old Deaf Drummer Thread Starter

Just installed back. Well actually half of back per shelf to allow for air flow and cables. I cut with a saw then intalled. Much better now no more side to side swaying like a house of cards.

Agitater likes this.
  5. smrex13

smrex13 Well-Known Member

If you don't want to damage the carpet, you can still use spikes with something like Herbie's Audio Lab's Cone/Spike Puckies (Cone/Spike Puckies ). I use them under the spikes in my rack and my speaker stands. In both cases, they sound better than spiking directly to the (suspended plywood) floor.

6. Rattlin' Bones

Rattlin' Bones Grumpy Old Deaf Drummer Thread Starter

They'd float on carpet just like existing legs. It's carpet over concrete basement slab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.