Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Jimmy is getting a lot of love today in various Paul threads here.

He was great. Sad ending though.

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Mr. Explorer, foxylady and NaturalD like this.
  3. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

4. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

You Gave Me The Answer' - Christmas Special

" I'm very much looking forward to next year, where we have more gigs, and more exciting stuff to come – places we’re gonna play, things we're gonna see... So, that’s going to be nice, I think! Looking forwards, as always!" "

theMess, Tord and foxylady like this.
  5. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Hey, he's a lefty. It's hard for us to stay in step sometimes.

After all everyone is always telling us that the hand we use to write is wrong... :righton:

theMess, Mr. Explorer and gottafeelin like this.
  7. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

As someone else posted in another McCartney thread (thanks! feel free to claim the credit, whoever you were!), there is a new McCartney song "Get Enough" available for purchase on ITunes. Rather autotuney and slow-tempo. I expect it will get some resistance around here, but I've heard only the sample -- maybe there was a big hook yet to come in the upsampled portions of the song. Anyway, I'm holding off purchasing the track on the theory that it will be included with any eventual Egypt Station deluxe edition (it has ES-themed artwork). Cheers, RH

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

60 Minutes overtime (Dec 30, 2018):

9. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

60 Minutes overtime (Dec 30, 2018):

theMess and Timmy84 like this.
  10. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

11. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

12. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

theMess, Mr. Explorer and foxylady like this.
  13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

Hey, it's not exactly Paul "news", but it's close...

Last night I noticed that Amazon Prime had added the 2011 documentary "Produced by: George Martin" to its prime viewing list. I'd never seen the film, so figured I'd give it a shot and hear George tell the usual stories (Love Me Do, Strawberry Fields, etc.) and hear Ringo and (especially) Paul tell the usual stories (and then George said, "I don't like your tie"). Well, the film does devote a healthy amount of time to the Fabs - for good reason - but also spends quite a bit of time on George's earlier work. As a bio, it's pretty flawed; I didn't note any references to his first wife, or children other than Giles...

HOWEVER, the big surprise was that the Twotles came through time and again with stories I'd never heard before - nothing major, mind you, but it was a bit of a shock. Ditto George M - you never heard him tell the story about "joining up" the two halves of Strawberry Fields, for example. So, if you've never seen the film and you're a Prime member - give it a spin. It's worth 90 minutes of your time.

15. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

It's also on Netflix, btw. :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh, crap. Looks like Netflix has removed it? I swear I just saw it two days ago....

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

17. Rob Hughes

Many of those are indeed a clear improvement over the usual McCartney shirt designs. Still, one wonders where Stella is and whether she might be able to work a little magic to take these the rest of the way over the finish line.

theMess, Who Cares and forthlin like this.
  18. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

But then they'd cost $400.00.

19. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It's funny:
    I was thinking the other day if they would ever issue that shirt of Paul looking all 'nasty', and giving the 'two-fingers-up' sign, and there IS a "Band On The Run" shirt with Paul wearing one!
    Still..... I would LOVE to own a "Thillington" shirt!

Rob Hughes likes this.
  20. lazydynamite

lazydynamite Forum Resident

Often wonder why the prices are always displayed in dollars [not pounds]?....Is it like a big resignation that the only people who would buy macca merchandise are american?

21. Rob Hughes

I was also attracted to that Thrillington shirt (great font!)... and then I remembered that I never listen to that album and suddenly it all just reminded me that I'm really not a merchy kinda guy (so why am I looking at t-shirt designs?). But that's just me. :)

22. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

35 YEARS AGO - On this day in 1984, up one place to No.1 was... Pipes Of Peace:

23. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

24. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

theMess, tug_of_war, Eska68 and 3 others like this.
  25. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.