Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I second you on these limited releases. I just want music to be available. I would much rather be able to go into a store and just buy an album that everyone else also owns and pay $20 than to be able to brag to people that I own something that sells for $1,000.
    Let's just make music available for fans to buy and listen to. I don't need fancy foil numbering or only one of 300 in existence.

Loup, Tord, jmxw and 5 others like this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

Agreed, but I scramble to get stuff like this, especially when it is limited. I wasn’t aware of that Spanish EP with the only physical release of Whole Life upon release, but I remember when I did hear about it, there was a copy on Amazon for about $30. I thought it was kinda pricey, so I researched it for a day. When I went back to get it, it was gone. I saw one copy on eBay over the next (many) years that went for crazy money, and then lucked out getting one on discogs a couple years later.

Did you pounce on one of these sets? I know you’re as much/more of a completist than I am. $100 would’ve been nice, but I must say I don’t think SIX (!) 180g LPs in a numbered box with booklet, etc. is outrageous at twice that, so I’m glad I’m going to get one. And, most importantly, the MUSIC is out there for people who just want that.

Who Cares likes this.
  3. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I do scramble to buy these sets also. But in honesty I find myself scrambling just because I know it's the ONLY way to own them other than paying three times the price later on eBay. This makes it less fun. When I was a kid I just loved going to the record store and collecting albums one at a time and listening to them with my dad. Now as I'm older I feel like I have to scramble just to own an item. It really makes it less fun. I had more fun calling a friend in 1997 and saying "hey I got that young boy single from the UK that has broomstick!" Rather than now saying "yep I shelled out $450 and got the BBB" I feel I'm buying now to keep up to be aa completest instead of following the music. Or I guess I should say years ago it felt like following a dream and now it feels like purchasing pieces of a busines.
    I have not gotten round to the EP with whole life. I have the digital download but I would like the physical release. It's on my list as something I'd love to have when money/opportunity allows. But that is a great example of I'd rather it just be available for a fan to grab instead of some rare thing for bragging rights. I'll trade away all my rare bragging rights albums now to just be one of the millions who can easily obtain anything.

Paul H, jmxw, Who Cares and 2 others like this.
  4. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Probably music of Destiny 2 with no Paul's collaboration. But everything is possible. Perhaps unknown music with Paul. Destiny 2 has an Easter egg with Hope of The Future (Between the game players the song is known as 'Destiny Theme'). I don't know if all the versions will appear on volume 2, especially the RSD mixes.

In theory the volume 1 is the only volume with Paul...

5. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

6. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

Think that's Chrissie Hynde narrating.

theMess, susyredstripe and Who Cares like this.
  7. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

8. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Linda McCartney Foods on Twitter:

"Linda McCartney Foods was a brand born from the beliefs of a person with a genuinely kind heart. Who wouldn’t want to be a kinder person?"

[​IMG]

9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Am I missing something or is there only a 45 second trailer and no link to see the whole film?

10. Prudence1964

I believe the trailer is all that's available so far.

theMess and RayS like this.
  11. RayS

Must have been that "Watch the full version now and learn about the cast below" thing that fooled me. :)

theMess and ConnieGuitar like this.
  12. Prudence1964

Yeah, now I'm confused too.

theMess and RayS like this.
  13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

theMess, Yorick, Rob Hughes and 6 others like this.
  14. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

theMess, Haristar, ZippyPippy and 5 others like this.
  16. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

17. RayS

Speaking as animal lover, I think it's touching that Rachel would come up with this idea (and can see why Paul would quickly add his support). Also kind of nice that Pete had a dog named for his departed bandmate ("misspelling" and all).

18. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

tootull likes this.
  20. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

It's rather aprapo, considering his mouth was a pit of a "pothole", back in the seventies.

BlueSpeedway and Mr. Explorer like this.
  21. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

22. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

23. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

24. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Hopefully the last :shake:
    ;)

25. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident