Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Just noticed these items posted on Macca’s website - ;)

What? They were rejected from inclusion in the deluxe boxes?
    Deemed too desirable for a box-set and worthy of a separate sell off?

I guess one could light a Baked Alaskan Pie with the lighter and handle it with the pot holder - but a stamper and sweatpants?

McCartney III could have some real doozy merch ready for Christmas/Holiday sales .......LOL

[​IMG]
    • Flaming Pie Oven Mitt
    • [​IMG]
      Flaming Pie Zippo Lighter
    • [​IMG]
      Flaming Pie Stamp
    • [​IMG]
      Flaming Pie Jogger Sweatpants

Hep Alien, lc317, Boognish and 4 others like this.
  2. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

3. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Hep Alien, Wingspan, omikron and 5 others like this.
  4. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney on Instagram:

"Paul's sixteenth solo studio album 'NEW' was released seven years ago this week! [...]

From Paul's surprise concert in Times Square on October 10th 2013"

[​IMG]

Hep Alien, omikron, theMess and 5 others like this.
  5. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

It sounds silly, but it was because of McCartney that I started to work on eating meat alternatives, slowly working away from a lot of meat.

One funny or weird story happened in 2011, when my wife, daughter and I went to Washington, D.C. for a vacation. We were in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History when the shocks from the Virginia earthquake hit (funny enough, my daughter and I were in the room with meteorite fragments and showing what happens when one comes to Earth - thought the shaking was part of it, until the exhibits started falling off their stands!)

We got out of the museum quickly, and I look directly across to the Mall, where I see McCartney's face! It was a PeTA booth, playing a DVD Paul narrated and appears in, and his face was on the big screen right when I looked. Scared me even more, not expecting that!

Hep Alien, omikron, theMess and 6 others like this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I saw this and thought this photo must have been taken right after the rear cover photo of McCartney was taken, as Mary was about this small, but Paul has now shaved off his beard.

Hep Alien, longdist01 and Who Cares like this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I was standing right beneath the street lamp pole with the BROADWAY sign. Fun time for a half-hour.
    ... The good old days, when you could congregate all together without the need to social distance, etc.

Hep Alien, omikron, Who Cares and 4 others like this.

8. Yeah, but now that your famous - autograph seekers would be a pain!

Until we can gather again - stay safe everyone and Arnie thanks for all the “funnies!”
    (Most appreciative).

9. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Doesn't sound weird at all! For health reasons mostly my wife had suggested we reduce our meat consumption and she heard about meat free Monday’s she thought it was a fun idea.

Id been given Linda’s cookbook a few years back and started making a few recipes. Not bad!

Then my wife said I should start making the recipes but...with meat. I told her I wouldn’t feel right about it!! :shake:

Yeah we’re just that exciting...

Hep Alien, raveoned and Who Cares like this.
  10. lc317

lc317 Forum Resident

Who in marketing greenlit these, my god.

big PMAC fan, but this entire set is shockingly bad :laugh:

11. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

12. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

I remember questioning eating meat alreadybas a child, long before I knew even The Beatles. "If I can eat that chicken's leg, why can't I have my brother's arm?! I'm not eating meat!" That's the gist of one late 70's/early 80s lunch conversation, I was either not yet school or had just started.
    I switched back to eating meat, though it always irked me as wrong.
    When I had moved out and started studying in 1992, I very soon made a rule not to buy meat myself, but for social adaption I ate it if it was part of a finished meal. The next few years saw me more and more actively avoiding meat. In
    1995/96 I spent a few months in London, and found Linda's book very early on and started cooking myself. That was the time when I really cut meat. I loved her recipes, quickly did my own versions, and there were a lot of new foods and ingredients to learn.
    Today I am still veggie, bordering vegan. I am actively cutting eggs, milk etc but am still eating them as part of chocolate, cookies, cake etc.
    I still love Lindas' cookbook, even though I have no longer cook that much myself now for quite a few years. My beloved is way better at it. The first years into our relationship I took care to have lunch / dinner ready when she came home, now she stays at home and took over. But I am starting to get back to cooking, especially as today I love sone things she had to stop eating.
    Once we were in Prague and found an excellent vegetarian restaurante, that had some great delicious meals. I loooved their bohemian dumplings with Saitan.

So I cannot claim that the McCartneys made me go veggie, but Linda did play an essental teaching role at some point. Love her for that.
    A variant of her celery tonatoe sauce was so simple and delucious it became one of my main foods along with noodles while I was writing my diploma. It was quick, easy and I could cook it without leaving my room using just a single electric cooker. I did not know Cellery, we never used it a lot, but it was / is awesome as part of such a sauce.
    I took Honekookung back out of the bookshelf recently, I think her Shepherd's Pie could be nice.

theMess, Skywheel, Tord and 4 others like this.
  13. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

The stamper and lighter were original promo items so these are a nod to that.

The oven mits make great sense! What else are you going to use to pull a flaming pie from the oven?

The sweat pants? OK, you got me there.

14. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I'm predicting the McCartney III merch right now... a face mask, a Covid home testing kit, and a pair of sweatpants.

15. Here’s a summary of Paul’ reaction to Micheal Jackson's Purchase of The Beatles’ songs.

omikron, Who Cares and Floater like this.
  16. Isilduir

Isilduir Forum Resident

Latest clue to the McCartney III Rumor . . . while playing McCartney or McCartney II on Spotify a looped video of a hand rolling a die that continuously turns up 3 can be seen.

Mkirk and Floater like this.
  17. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Latest? :D

18. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 11, 2020)

Hep Alien, Floater and tug_of_war like this.
  19. I just got sent by Capitol records a bag of three dice, each one have one side reading “McCartney” and the other sides all having three pips.

20. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Nice!

21. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Composer Michael Giacchino is Working With Paul McCartney on an Animated Movie – /Film

"Film composer Michael Giacchino and Sir Paul McCartney, best known for an obscure rock group called The Beatles, have been working on an animated film together. Giacchino, who’s the Oscar-winning composer behind Up and Star Trek, is hopeful we’ll see the film one day. Unless we’re mistaken, the jovial composer is possibly alluding to a McCartney-Netflix project called High in the Clouds.

We recently spoke to Giacchino about his debut solo album, Travelogue Volume 1, which is a pure delight that tells the story of an alien visiting Earth. During the interview, he told us about his love for The Beatles and a bit about the McCartney project. “There’s an animated film he was putting together and wanted to do, so he called and asked if I’d want to work with him on that,” he said. “It’s something we’ve been working on in the last bunch of years. One day, one day it’ll come to fruition.”"

Hep Alien, BeSteVenn, omikron and 5 others like this.
  22. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Amazing news ! I’m so glad to hear that it’s still ongoing and not scrapped.

23. This is an amazing book! Wonderful paintings and extensive essays on the creative process.

There are many very affordable good to excellent used versions, for the price of a used CD
    I ordered a simple “good” on Amazon and it’s like new.

If you have any interest in Art or Paul McCartney - Especially, both, it’s a must.

[​IMG]
    See this image

Paul McCartney: PaintingsHardcover – September 1, 2000
    by Paul McCartney & 5 more
    52 ratings

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Hep Alien, BeSteVenn, omikron and 4 others like this.
  24. theMess, omikron, Who Cares and 6 others like this.
  25. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Despite the Iron Curtain and the embargo on Western music, Paul's music somehow managed to be heard "on the other side", as shows this rare 1973 cover of "C Moon" by Czechoslovak singer Marie Rottrová just uploaded on Youtube.

Josip, Tord, theMess and 16 others like this.