Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

History is written by the winners...

2. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

... as was Give My Regards To Broad Street.

In fact, GMRTBS is probably the album that finally ended Wings once and for all... :tiphat:

omikron likes this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It also ended my first marriage. The first Mrs Grove never forgave me for taking her to see the film---plus I made her pay. ;)

JDeanB, Hep Alien, forthlin and 3 others like this.
  4. P4ddy33

P4ddy33 Forum Resident

Body Gun

Skywheel likes this.
  5. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Polygon! :D

6. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Paul McCartney has sent a consistent message that he thinks Wings began with the Ram sessions despite the Wings name first appearing on Wild Life.

"Little Woman Love," "Get On The Right Thing," and "Little Lamb Dragonfly" were all credited to Wings despite being recorded for Ram. "Another Day" and "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" appeared on Wings Greatest. "Too Many People" was dedicated to the Wings fans.

I don't think any of this is an accident. It's how McCartney sees Wings.

This post is a repeat, previously broadcast June 10, 2016, September 6, 2017, and March 31, 2018.

7. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

That is unforgivable!
    I won't bother to point out which part of that statement I am referring to... :ignore:

Hep Alien likes this.
  8. Grooge

Grooge Forum Resident

Has anyone picked this up?

Quantic - Theme From Selva

B-side is quite a funky instrumental of Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five. Interestingly the label credits it to "Linda and Paul McCartney"!

9. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Here it is:

10. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I really like Quantic and am happy they covered this song.
    Quantic can get real funky, this is actually rather tame for them, but it serves the tune. Thanks for sharing.

Hep Alien, susyredstripe and omikron like this.
  11. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I wonder if McCartney will continue to use the Johnny Depp sign language footage during My Valentine when performing in concert.

I know this probably comes off as snarky, which is not how I approach the world. The two men are friends and have done several projects together,
    but Depp recently lost his libel suit - which is really not a great look. I, for one, dislike when a high budget concert, like McCartney's, recycles images from their music
    videos anyway - so for a couple reasons, I'm all for cutting the sign language footage. I admire the inclusivity of it, and think including sign language was a great, progressive idea, and it looked classy - but perhaps it it time to retire that footage.

omikron likes this.
  12. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Premieres Nov 8, 2020

The 1984 animated short film ‘Rupert and the Frog Song’ has been fully restored to glorious 4k and is available on YouTube for the very first time to celebrate Rupert The Bear’s 100th birthday. The film was written and produced by Paul McCartney and directed by Geoff Dunbar, who provides an intro for this premiere.

13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

edenofflowers, Oaw, omikron and 4 others like this.
  14. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

"We All Stand Together" (remastered 2020):

"We All Stand Together" (Humming Version) (remastered 2020):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJUzqsrfq0

Before remarking that it's not available, wait until midnight in your area.

coffeetime, Who Cares and omikron like this.
  15. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Got my Rupert pic disc from Bullmoose yesterday. Looks great and the packaging is well done too ( for the pic disc itself, the shipping packaging was of the high standard bullmoose is known for as well) I never owned a copy before so this is an ideal way to get one while waiting for the main event that is McCartney III

Who Cares, Susan Gagne and omikron like this.
  16. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Who Cares and omikron like this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

You almost got me... almost.

:waiting: :wtf: :realmad:

18. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yes.

A British tradition, I understand...

rswitzer likes this.
  19. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Judging by the era the photo was taken it might be Allen Klein. :uhhuh:

20. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

So what's the clue here? Hmm so Paul is putting something fun out in the picture. What could he put out tonight that would be fun, a single maybe?

21. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Guy Fawkes Night became a domestic celebration, and children often congregated on street corners, accompanied by their own effigy of Guy Fawkes.[51] This was sometimes ornately dressed and sometimes a barely recognisable bundle of rags stuffed with whatever filling was suitable. A survey found that in 1981 about 23 per cent of Sheffield schoolchildren made Guys, sometimes weeks before the event. Collecting money was a popular reason for their creation, the children taking their effigy from door to door, or displaying it on street corners. But mainly, they were built to go on the bonfire, itself sometimes comprising wood stolen from other pyres; "an acceptable convention" that helped bolster another November tradition, Mischief Night.[52]

He's going to put out a double A sided single that features Paul recorded solo in "Rockdown" covers of Katy Perry's Firecracker and Jimi Hendrix' Fire...

Who Cares and Hep Alien like this.
  22. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

We All Stand Together (Remastered 2020) / We All Stand Together (Humming Version) (Remastered 2020):

jmxw likes this.
  23. P4ddy33

P4ddy33 Forum Resident

Humming Version (remastered 2020) :

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Who Cares likes this.
  25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Hey, Macca!
    you wanna impress me? Do a cover of "Remember"!