Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

I think rock/pop music wasn't exactly her cup of tea.

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Maybe she meant Ringo.

Ringo has written a few good songs.

;)

3. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Forum Resident

I feel bad for the amount of abuse she gets, but she does not help herself with her delusions. Random people stopping her in the street to talk about her sking past, but no one knows who Paul is? But they all know about her successful Vegan company, but have not heard of McCartney.

Or maybe she is just so deadpan that no one is getting how funny she is being. With a different delivery, what she actually says in that interview would actually make people like her. We British love self depreciation. She'd be far more likable with that kind of approach and likely gain more sympathy for who she is.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  4. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

She makes Yoko look warm.

Mother, Wingspan, omikron and 3 others like this.
  5. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

:biglaugh:

Mother, JDeanB and longdist01 like this.
  6. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Did you enjoy Bob Dylan's Rough and Rowdy Ways? You're not alone.

“I always like what [Dylan] does,” replied McCartney. “Sometimes I wish I was a bit more like Bob. He’s legendary… and doesn’t give a ****! But I’m not like that. His new album? I thought it was really good. He writes really well. I love his singing – he came through the standards albums like a total crooner. But, yeah, I like his new stuff. People ask me who I’m a fan of and Bob Dylan and Neil Young always make the list.”

(taken from Uncut, Jan 2021 issue)

7. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

In your opinion what is the perception of Heather in the UK and does she really have any ongoing visibility apart from her relationship history with Paul?

Is she still in the public eye because of her charity work or her efforts to win her speed skiing thing ?

8. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Forum Resident

Sadly the perception of Heather is very much the crazy one legged ex-wife of Paul McCartney. She's not really in the public eye, at least as far as I know, but when she is brought up it does seem to be as a ridiculous figure rather than a respected or even liked one.

I feel bad for her, no one should receive the level of abuse she has. She clearly does not help herself with the delusions/lies that have been easily proven false or her seemingly total lack of humour, but I think a lot of us would not fare great under the immense spotlight she was under (though not to her level).

Regarding her skiiing career, she got more headlines when she was kicked off the British Ski team for being abusive then she did for actually competing in it.

Sochi 2014: Heather Mills 'broke into a rage' and threatened to make

Heather Mills alleged to have 'verbally abused' Paralympic official

9. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Thank you for your input!

idreamofpikas likes this.
  10. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

New video for Windedark Open Sea by the maker of the Blue Sway video!

I like the 15 second clip:)

11. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

omikron and Hep Alien like this.
  12. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

Off topic:
    Is this the last photo of them together?
    [​IMG]

13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

‘Home' EP – Out Now!

"It’s no surprise that ‘home’, a theme that was significant in Paul’s early solo work such as McCartney and RAM, will appear again in his third self-titled solo record. The Home EP takes us back to basics with comforting yet uplifting songs, from the upbeat ‘Eat At Home’ which makes you want to dance on your kitchen floor, to the soft and beautiful ‘Every Night’ which will have you cosying up with a loved one.

Tracklisting:

Eat At Home
    Cook Of The House
    Mull Of Kintyre
    Home Tonight
    Every Night
    Heart Of The Country"

14. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Artists Taylor Swift and Paul McCartney graced the cover of the latest Rolling Stone issue.

susyredstripe, omikron and Mkirk like this.
  15. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

"Superstars Taylor Swift and Paul McCartney interview each other as part of Rolling Stone's new “Musicians on Musicians” series, where Swift opens up about her choice to keep her relationship with Joe Alwyn private. Plus, McCartney recalls his favourite memory with The Beatles."

susyredstripe likes this.
  16. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

So much for social distancing. I hope Paul is taking the proper precautions.

17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

18. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

I believe it is.

Check out this thread for lots of “first” “last” and “only” Beatles photos. (Shameless plug of my own thread)

Last Beatles Photo Ever

19. sorry to bother with a pretty stupid request but anybody has the traklist of McCartney's "Sticking In My Pocket" playlist since they started? i've them somewhere but seems I have lost it? Thanks in advance

20. fdsfd

fdsfd Forum Resident

You can find it filtered here.

Hep Alien and susyredstripe like this.
  21. thank you very much

fdsfd likes this.
  22. but seems that on the link you sent me there are only 6 tracks for every month... wasn't more that six, how can I seee the others? thanks again

23. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

There's a story Paul told about how during Chaos and Creation, he had a little idea for a song that went "Bunny on a hill." Nigel Godrich was very critical and his reaction soured Paul's mood.

Now, I only bring it up because in 2005, when the album was still being worked on, a giant pink bunny was placed on top of an Italian mountain.

Giant Pink Bunny

Most likely a coincidence, but it's not impossible that this inspired a lost McCartney classic.

[​IMG]

theMess, A Local Bloke, Tord and 7 others like this.