Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

This is great. Thanks!

omikron likes this.
  2. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

This during the recording session for "Love In Song" if I'm not mistaken. The first photo of Paul with the Elvis bass is also during this session and he's wearing the same outfit as in the video.

Hep Alien, ted321 and Calico like this.
  3. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Paul appears in Fab 208 magazine 47 years ago this week.

[​IMG]

coco77, Ms. Daisy, bob60 and 8 others like this.
  4. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

5. Over 15 minutes of Paul behind the scenes of the making of the video of My Ever Present Past. See, hear Paul comment on his dance moves, his thoughts of the song and 16 Red Heads. ;);)

6. Calico

Calico Senior Member

PhoffiFozz and Unpainted Dreams like this.
  7. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

PhoffiFozz and Calico like this.
  8. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

Lovely! I have not seen this before, and being not very visually oriented, I watched the original video once, saw some dancing, hmyeahok.
    This gives me a new appreciation.
    I'll stick to the audio, though.
    Love that song.

9. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

10. Here’s a great one - especially on this Martin Luther King Day.

LIVE; Fool On the Hill - including the interlude of MLK’s “I Have A Dream” recitation at 3:33

PhoffiFozz, Hep Alien, Binni and 4 others like this.
  11. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

I always liked that interlude.
    And I notice that I had forgotten about it.
    I think that's another argument to throw at those who think they can say that he only recently started talking about equality. (See the Blackbird discussion, where people pop up again and again questioning if that claim he wrote it thinking of Angela Davis wasn't just a retrospect claim as it's "fashionable" now. I say, there are interviews, contracts, actions that do make this quote consistent.)

Thanks for posting!

I am glad to have fallen for The Beatles. Many flaws, very human, but often and consitently acting by their attitude "Love and ****in' peace".

PhoffiFozz and Paperback Writer like this.
  12. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

You Gave Me The Answer - Butter Pies and Monkberry Moon Delights

"I’d always liked writing love songs, ballads, and rock ‘n’ roll songs, but then one of my other little side interests was to invent surrealist stuff. Admiral Halsey was someone I’d read about – he’s a character from American history – and I just liked the name. I was playing around with that and making up a fictional story, and I just ran into the words ‘and butter pie’. Well, there’s no such thing as a butter pie, that I’ve ever heard of anyway. So, it was a surrealist image, like in surreal art where you have a thing called a ‘hair cup’, which is just a cup that’s made out of fur. You wouldn’t think to drink from it, it’d be disgusting, but as an image it’s interesting and shocking. ‘Butter pie’ is that kind of equivalent, but in a song."

Hep Alien, PhoffiFozz, JDeanB and 2 others like this.
  13. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

So a Butter Pie is the same as a Furry Cup? Ay Ay Paul! :angel:

PhoffiFozz and omikron like this.
  14. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

There is a dish called a Lancashire Butter Pie. Always presumed that's what Paul was referring to. Seems strange he wouldn't have heard of it. Perhaps lodged away in the old sub-conscious and resurfaced when writing the song.

Who Cares, Hep Alien and omikron like this.
  15. Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  16. By the way - is Paul now sporting a quasi - “Mullet”?

(May need some photoshop experts and fact checkers to verify the veracity of this photo and story.). ;)

omikron and PhoffiFozz like this.

17. For starters - the vague term, “holiday “ in the story is used. Judging by the green leaves on the trees and light weight clothing - it’s almost definitely not the recent Christmas-New Year’s Holiday.

No Masks on anyone!

So the pandemic is almost a year old now - so when did this alleged Holiday occur?

“Inquiring minds” want to know. LOL.

18. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Not to mention the street light clearly indicates "DO NOT WALK!" Sheesh, how hard is it to follow a simple rule nowadays? ;)

jmxw, omikron and Paperback Writer like this.

19. Evidently, he thought it was an advertisement for Wingspan.

[​IMG]

Perhaps, he was lost in the city and was thinking about “Find My Way”.

20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Wait... January 23 is Pie Day?? I thought that was March 14... :cool:

Hep Alien and Who Cares like this.
  21. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

The word "holiday" is British for "vacation".

"Going on holiday" is the equivalent of "Going on vacation". So it could have been any time he was in NYC.

"Bank holiday" more closely equates to our "holiday".

The more you know... :righton:

22. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

According to a Google search, the exhibit at The Met that she was visiting was on between April and October 2019, so can only assume that's when this photo was taken!

Tord, Ms. Daisy, Hep Alien and 5 others like this.
  23. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

"Mary McCartney joins the 7:40 Celebrity Lounge this morning to talk about her brand new show, 'Mary McCartney Serves It Up', coming to Discovery+ on February 4th. She also goes into some amazing stories about her father, Paul Mccartney, and his favorite vegetarian dish, how he can get the President of Argentina to go meatless and Dave Grohl's lasagna recipe!"

Mary McCartney on her Father, Paul's, Favorite Veggie Dish - WOGLFM: On-Demand - Omny.fm

24. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

25. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident