Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Paul McCartney Reveals the Strange Exercise That's Kept Him Healthy at 78

Allie Hogan
    Wed, May 19, 2021, 1:23 PM·4 min read

Legendary musician Paul McCartney has had an incredible career, and he's still writing and performing at the age of 78. That doesn't come naturally: There's a lot that goes into maintaining a healthy lifestyle that promotes longevity. Recently, McCartney discussed a strange exercise that he's been doing for years. Both Paul and his daughter, Mary McCartney, say this one technique has helped keep a key body

Paul McCartney Reveals the Strange Exercise That's Kept Him Healthy at 78

Floater, Wingsfan2012 and Durango88 like this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

This is odd (Ronnie), but highly entertaining. A few years old (?), but I’d never seen it. Enjoy:

edenofflowers, omikron and Durango88 like this.
  3. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

That was from 2012. Great show.

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

5. Any news, info, rumors regarding a McCartney Tour?

Will he tour this year or start of”22” ?

What do you think/want?

Paul McCartney Tickets
    [​IMG]
    No Concerts

James McCartney likes this.
  6. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

Spring/summer 2022 tour.
    Same European dates he had to cancel in 2020.
    That’s my wish.

7. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Maybe some small shows in the UK in the latter parts of this year.

8. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

The new Royal Mail Paul McCartney stamp collection is out today :)

Durango88, omikron, Floater and 2 others like this.
  9. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

According to the German Rolling Stone Website, a new Photo Book about Paul by photographer Harry Benson will be available soon. It's going to be called simply "Paul". I have no idea when and where it will be available, but as a lover of Paul and Photography, that are some exciting news for me.

[​IMG]

I translated the text from the website via Google, but I suppose you will get it ;)

Benson's camera followed Paul McCartney's career and development. Singer, musician, performer, pop star, private environment as husband and father. The illustrated book shows him at the height of his fame with the Beatles, in the recording studio with his wife Linda and their band Wings and during the "Wings Over America" tour (1975-76).

You can also see nights of dancing on the "Queen Elizabeth 2", where Paul and Linda celebrated the band's latest album with friends and celebrities, and finally the family idyll on their farm in England at the end of the 1980s, when Paul after all these years in Supersonic plane landed pretty softly.

Taschen's 172-page illustrated book contains more than 150 color and black-and-white photos by the legendary photojournalist Benson, many of which are known only to a few. The collection offers intimate glimpses into the life of an artist who has spent most of his life in the spotlight and yet has always remained a little enigmatic.

There is a Collector’s Edition of 600 copies (No. 101-700), each numbered and signed by Harry Benson. The illustrated book is also available in two Art Editions, each with a signed gelatin silver print.

harry benson: a photographer of the world
    Harry Benson has photographed every US president since Eisenhower, he documented the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and was with Robert Kennedy when he was assassinated. Benson's camera has produced many portraits of celebrities such as the Beatles, the Queen, Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson. In 2009, the native Scotsman, who lives in New York and Florida, was appointed Commander of the British Empire (CBE).

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Who Cares, tteal, coco77 and 10 others like this.
  10. Diego Esparcia

Diego Esparcia Forum Resident

I read a few days ago about a gig in Costa Rica for early 2022. Not sure how reliable it is.

Oaw, omikron and Paperback Writer like this.
  11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

On the McCartney official website, the You Gave Me the Answer series recently posted about Ram 50th

“I actually did an interview the other day with a guy called Lou Simon from the Beatles channel on Sirius XM in America, and he said that it’s not only his favourite album of mine, it’s his favourite record of all time. Wow! Considering what great records there have been over the years, that was a pretty big compliment. But yeah, there are people who really like this. So, it’s really nice to rediscover something like that, particularly when you weren’t sure whether it was good or not. “

Well, during Paul’s birthday weekend, This interview will air (Beatles channel Sirius XM).......one hour interview where Ram is the only topic from what I have heard. So tune in Ram fans

12. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

46 years ago today, Venus & Mars was reviewed in Record Mirror. U.K. fans might remember this one.:)

[​IMG]

13. Bobby Morrow

And on the same day, Disc magazine reviewed Venus & Mars too.

[​IMG]

14. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

ruh-roh music valutz just cancelled my RAM (50th Anniversary Half-Speed Master Edition) order :shake:

15. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I need a pair of Bargain Basement Shrimp Design trousers. I have no idea what Shrimp Design trousers are but I need them anyway. :uhhuh:

Ms. Daisy, tug_of_war and omikron like this.
  16. Bobby Morrow

Well, you could try writing to them. Maybe they’re still open?

I may send a postal order off to Cards & Posters. Those Bay City Rollers ones look ace.

:D

edenofflowers likes this.
  17. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

ehwalled likes this.
  18. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I'll tell you though that there's so many times I've found old merchandise forms in albums and WISHED they'd still honour them! I might start a thread - merch forms of yesteryear.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  19. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Wait, I thought all the critics spent the entire 70s being mean and unfair to poor put-upon Paul McCartney. What gives?

20. Bobby Morrow

Sounds like a great idea.

edenofflowers likes this.
  21. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

And here I thought they focused on just bashing post-Brian meltdown Beach Boys records. Glad to see they were able to expand their horizons a bit.

tug_of_war, Durango88 and Frank like this.
  22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Got lucky this weekend and got to preview the up and coming RAM interview. Interviewer did a nice job steering the conversation, Paul’s voice sounded great. I’d guess that some of it will get cut when they add music but I hope not much. Conversation was a little over an hour and did not stray from RAM.

When I found out an air time I will give a heads up, but I believe it’ll be during Paul’s birthday weekend

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Hey folks, for those with Sirius XM/The Beatles Channel that are interested in hearing the Ram Interview with Paul that I was talking about recently, It will air on Paul's Birthday Friday June 18th, 2021 at 11am-1pm and again at 9pm-11am EST. With music it is extended to a 2 hour show. Enjoy!

24. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Thanks Bob!

maccawings likes this.