Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Susan Gagne

Susan Gagne Fab4Fan since January 1964

I liked the original version, but this one is simply outstanding. Thank you for sharing the link, @pro beatles!

Rob Hughes, Tord, Who Cares and 2 others like this.
  2. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

3. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Yes.

longdist01 and Resroc62 like this.
  4. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

Well may aswell get this, as the long awaited 'Back To The Egg' doesn't seem to be 'Getting any Closer' lol.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

You know how things work: They will announce a deluxe Back To The Egg with the 12" version of "Goodnight Tonight" on the day AFTER you receive the Now That’s What I Call 12″ 70s CD set. ;)

supermd and Resroc62 like this.
  6. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

To be honest, I'd still be delighted, if it meant finally getting the archive I've been waiting for more than any other.

It will be interesting to see if the track will be remastered at all?

jmxw, Mark Wilson and Arnold Grove like this.
  7. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Less than a month later, John was back in love with Paul and gushing over some old Beatles tapes in a note to Paul and Linda. (The bootleg consisted of some BBC tapes and not the Decca audition though). So John ran hot and cold, and I am sure that Paul knew John well enough to not be affected. And by mid-1972, John had soured on Klein as well.

[​IMG]

9. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

The Google Pay app did the trick just fine-- loving the top and tail bonus episodes in Season 6.

10. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

I just picked up a copy of The John Lennon Letters... it's very Illuminating to read his distinctive voice evolve throughout his life...

*Quick! Tie it back to Paul!*

Uh... Band on the Run in quad rules... maybe included on the 50th?

warewolf95 likes this.
  11. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

I can’t remember what podcast I was listening to recently talking about how Paul often described John as a “lovely” person and they couldn’t picture it until they saw Get Back where John was the peacemaker. I think John gets unfairly remembered by his worst moments because they are salacious to discuss but his best moments are overlooked. I think Paul always recognized who John was truly and could get past letters like this and songs like How Do You Sleep because he knew John and we didn’t. Besides, John had some valid reasons to be angry with Paul. They got past it all a lot better than the rest of the world did.

12. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

I believe that was Jason of the Nothing Is Real podcast (of which @Saul Pimon is one of the two cohosts), who was echoing a comment made by Peter Jackson himself while doing press for the film...or any one which delved into the Get Back project.

I concur.

longdist01 and Prudence1964 like this.
  13. Prudence1964

very possible and very possible that it originated with Peter Jackson.

batdude98 likes this.
  14. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

He says as much in his four hour interview with Things We Said Today, and perhaps also on his two part interview on Something About The Beatles, though it's been longer since I've listened to that one.

15. Prudence1964

I listened to so many Beatles podcasts since November that they are all fused together in my head.

16. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Re-Mixing ‘McCartney’ - The New Atmos Trilogy

[​IMG]

"Without getting too technical, if you’ve seen Paul play live, you’ve heard him play in stereo. He and his band stand in front of you and when they perform the music comes to you from that one direction. Mixing in Atmos is more like standing in the middle of the band. Paul might be in front of you singing, but Abe could be playing the drums behind you. Wix, Rusty, Brian and the Hot City Horns could then be spread around you so when they’re playing one of Paul’s classic songs, you’re immersed right in the middle of the music!

The technology is still very new, so to experience McCartney albums I, II and III at home you’ll need a couple of things: an account on a streaming platform that supports Atmos and a pair of headphones or set of speakers that have Atmos enabled. "

18. Marry a Carrot

supermd, longdist01, jeremylr and 8 others like this.
  19. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

20. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Listening to McCartney on ATMOS downmixed to stereo right now:

I like the wider spread of instruments, particularly the guitars and drums.

The album sounds both more cohesive and less now: mixing decisions align the songs, but having the SQ upgraded I feel essentially allows me to hear what was recorded at Morgen, what at Studio 2, what at Paul's house, etc.

Wonderful bass on "Every Night"!

Whole new captivatingly discrete presentation of "Glasses".

Nice to have the guitars mixed louder and clearer in "Man We Was Lonely".

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  21. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

From Pauls Facebook Page:

My dear brother-in-law, John Eastman, has passed away. Having known each other for over 50 years it is an extremely sad time for me, and our families.

John was a great man. One of the nicest and smartest people I have had the good luck to have known in my life.

Not only did he help me massively in my business dealings as my lawyer but as a friend he was hard to beat.

His sense of humour always shone through in everything he did and his devotion to his family was supreme.

We had so many fun times together through the years, but when the time came to be serious, he was unbeatable.

There is so much more that can be said of his incredible qualities, but words can hardly describe his passion for life and our affection for this amazing man. He will be sorely missed but always held dear in the hearts of those of us who knew and loved him.

See ya Johnny!

Love Paul

[​IMG]

22. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

A key figure in Paul’s life. RIP.
    What a lovely picture too.

23. bward

bward Senior Member

Wow. This is a big deal.
    I’m thinking this could be why everything has gone uncharacteristically quiet from Paul’s camp. From no new tour dates, to no info on Archive or other releases.
    This is incredibly sad news.

24. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

Yes, it’s really sad! That’s probably the main problem about getting old: People who were close to you unfortunately die:cry:

25. Marry a Carrot