Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. jacden

jacden Senior Member

The exact same spoken word recording by Jeff Beck was included on the first episode of Oobu Joobu, but had a classical guitar rendition of "Greensleeves" as a backdrop instead of the newly unearthed music. Always wondered if that was performed by Jeff Beck as well.

2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Could it have been this version?

3. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Someone else will have to answer that. The video is not available here unfortunately.

4. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

At 30:53

5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Egypt Station isn't perfect -- I really don't need Paul to keep indulging his inner 12-year-old -- but the best parts of it, and there are plenty, are jaw-droppingly great.

Calico, jmxw, tug_of_war and 3 others like this.
  6. tonylevin'ssuitcase

tonylevin'ssuitcase Forum Resident

Funny. I HAD that poster back then! Had it up in my tiny cubicle at work. It was very large. Wonder if I still have it somewhere.

I may be in the minority, but I still LOVE Off the Ground! Would be thrilled with an Archive Series release.

7. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Poker Face Dealer Rian Johnson on Sliding Aces to Lucky Stars

"Joshua Encinias: In the last few years have you been going through a Paul McCartney phase? The first episode of Poker Face ends with “Junior’s Farm” by Paul McCartney & Wings and Glass Onion ends with the Beatles song.

Rian Johnson: I’m always going through a Paul McCartney and Beatles phase. [Laughs.] I had “Junior’s Farm”in my head since I wrote the script, and I don’t know why. I think maybe because it’s a great tune that is a little bit of a deep cut and he mentioned poker in it. So that’s enough for me. But also, I wanted the energy of the end to propel us forward. I wanted it to be, “Okay, here we go off on an adventure.” And the song has that tonally."

8. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

James McCartney likes this.
  9. AlexHerd

AlexHerd Forum Resident

Hi, thanks @Yorick and @paulmccartneyistheman! I just read this now. HHMB was my page. I'm not opposed at all to putting the page back up as you suggest with the studio's name removed (I deliberately never posted its location). I'm still not quite sure what the specific problem was, I only heard through a trustworthy intermediary that the studio didn't like it maybe due to privacy concerns. For what its worth, no one asked me to take the page down, but hearing they didn't like it was enough for me to do so voluntarily. That said, I'm trying to find out if there is a way that I could post the information that is okay, but contacting MPL is surprisingly difficult... Cheers!

Paulwalrus, bigbass, jesse and 15 others like this.
  10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

That's correct. You have listed some dismal songs (along with Dominoes, which is listenable).

I'm very sorry for you spending time listening to those things while there are 20 Golden Years albums you could be immersed in.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  11. C_Jepson

C_Jepson Forum Resident

So this is why you're on a thread anticipating new releases (i.e. music) from McCartney?

Paulwalrus likes this.
  12. suffragette

suffragette McCartney vocal freak

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your page! The detailed descriptions and researchs, a wonderful site for deep solo McCartney fans and audio geeks as well. I hope you can reupload it as soon as possible! Let them contact you directly if they have any problems with it... I'm always checking if it's back online!

Paulwalrus, jesse, Mumbojunk and 2 others like this.
  13. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Maybe he's anticipating the next archival release, specifically London/Egg...for me anyway.

14. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Hog Hill Mill is on Google Maps and you can tell it's right because of the windmill in the satellite imagery.

I'd say you are not the worst offender but kudos to respecting wishes. It was a good page and I for one won't fault you for your decision.

15. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

:D
    I think you might want to consider contacting MPL
    and offer them a title for the next inevitable Paul career spanning comp:

Paul McCartney: 20 Golden Years, and Dismal Songs

I think it has a nice ring to it. Catchy.

:D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Paulwalrus, Bruce M. and Frank like this.
  16. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

That's where the missing Flowers and Driving Rain tracks are going.

17. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

I have a confession… I love Tug Of Peace. There, I said it. The song has been stuck in my head all day.

18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Strangely, they stopped taking my calls sometime circa "Hope for the Future."

Coincidence, I'm sure.

19. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

:biglaugh:

20. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

It’s purely speculation on my part, but possibly they got miffed when you suggested they license some of the lyrics from “Hope For the Future” to the Hallmark card folks, using the lyrics for something like:

Some hope for the future
    Some wait for the call
    To say that the days ahead
    Will be the best of all

Happy Birthday from Grandma and Grandpa!

Personally I think they missed an opportunity here.

21. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

I would take another Egypt Station over those two combined any day.

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  22. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I'll take that deal - I've got one I'm highly disappointed in and looking to offload. :winkgrin:

23. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Hey Alex, yeah your page was amazing and is being missed every day! I can totally see how you don't want to irk your hero. Maybe if you focus it on Paul McCartney's Recording Gear throughout the years without making mention of what was used at which studio, fans will still know from the pictures used what was taken where.

Paulwalrus, Alen and omikron like this.
  24. MacFan

MacFan Forum Resident

Mkirk, Paulwalrus, Floater and 12 others like this.
  25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Well, I would rather hear about them together recording rather than roller-skating, but... ok.

Eighty-year-olds + roller-skating just sounds like a great recipe for broken hips to me.... :nyah: