Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I really enjoyed the McCartney (I) ATMOS even though the album is not my favorite. This one being a little more layered could be really great (and I like the material a little bit better).
    You mean I could actually be INSIDE Jet? Immersion Jet! Make it true, please.

suffragette, coffeetime and supermd like this.
  2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Find the fantastic QUAD mix and be immersed now! A new Atmos mix will have to be pretty damn good to beat the quad mix.

Cast Iron Shore and Frank like this.
  3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I've got the DTS disc. I think the first time I listened to it was when I went from "this is a good song" to "this is the greatest song that any human being has ever recorded."

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

So you’ve already experienced “immersion Jet.” :)

Frank likes this.
  5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I want more. Always more. There's something in there I haven't heard, and they're going to find it for me and make it come out of the ceiling.

6. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

This was definitely the least attractive incarnation of Paul's mullet.

Unpainted Dreams and suffragette like this.
  7. Nicolas1234

Nicolas1234 Forum Resident

"The team restores four precious heirlooms, including a painting belonging to a Ukrainian family who risked everything to conserve their family history in the face of unimaginable odds. Also in the barn is an original 1963 calendar from Liverpool's Cavern Club featuring an early Beatles booking"

BBC iPlayer - The Repair Shop - Series 12: Episode 1

omikron likes this.
  8. suffragette

suffragette McCartney vocal freak

Is it the 8 track purple US (w Helen Wheels) Quad cartridge we're talking about ?

9. lawrev

lawrev Forum Resident

GREAT solo by Henry!

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

There was a DTS disc released years ago that has it. “Helen Wheels” is included.

Who Cares, ted321 and suffragette like this.
  11. Frank

Frank Senior Member

The DTS discs of Band on the Run and Venus & Mars are probably my favorite physical audio I ever bought.

I got them in 2002 or so. They're crazy expensive now, but I got them cheap, which is good for me because I am a miserly.

12. Rhyming "drop" with "watch" isn't that impressive. If -op is going to be used, I suspect Arnie would suggest an alternative lyric.

Arnold Grove likes this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hmmm...:
    Our parents sing like John Lennon, "imagine all the people watch"
    We rock like Paul McCartney from now until the last Beatle drop glorious second of Bip Bop ....

;)

14. Arnold Grove

Maybe I'm missing something here, but where does John sing "imagine all the people watch". Why is that word "watch" included (as it is not in John's lyrics)? :shrug:

15. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

The watch being quoted as part of Imagine is incorrect, I think it’s meant to start the next line, and meant as “watch us rock like Paul …”

Arnold Grove likes this.
  16. Arnold Grove

Thanks. That makes more sense---but only if the word "we" is really "us".

17. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Singing “We rock like” fits and flows with the rhyme better then saying “watch us rock like”, the extra syllable would probably throw off his timing. But if we took rappers (and rockstars) to task on grammar, things would be less fun.

Arnold Grove likes this.
  18. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Kygo on Instagram:

"Excited to finally announce that my remix of Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson's "Say Say Say" is out Friday! I had so much fun making this one and have been playing it in my sets for a few months now. Can't wait for everyone to hear it, pre-save link in bio"

[​IMG]

19. StingRay5

StingRay5 Important Impresario

It's fine if you just add a comma: Watch, we rock like Paul...

Arnold Grove and joeislive like this.
  20. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

21. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Meh.

I think I would rather hear the dub version....
    :magoo:

[At least it's not drawn out for like 8 minutes... :eek: ]

22. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Whatever happened to that guy who was doing remixes of Paul tracks on Facebook a few months ago, and is it at all connected to this? Is Paul planning a remix album?

(and if so why not give Twin Freaks a wider release while he’s at it)

Max Wilbury and jacden like this.
  23. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Twin Freaks is available on all streaming platforms. You can't get much wider than that in 2023.

Still, I get what you mean. Remix albums tend to get thrown under the bus as soon as they're released, but Twin Freaks deserves a better fate than that. I was listening to my vinyl copy a few weeks ago, and it's still a fun album. Doesn't sound too horribly dated either. It'd be nice to see a physical re-release of it.

24. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Didn’t realize it was streaming but yeah I meant physical release. I have the original vinyl but I know that’s hard to find now and have always wanted an official cd release as well. When he started doing random vinyl/cd reissues of certain albums like Amoeba, Choba B CCCP etc, I thought this would have been a good candidate for a future wave of releases (along with stuff like an expanded Unplugged or a vinyl debut of Good Evening NYC etc etc)
    So I hope along with the Archive series itself, that the random reissue series of albums unlikely to ever get the deluxe treatment isn’t dead as well.

25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Meh, Meh, Meh"

supermd, Cledwyn, jmxw and 1 other person like this.