Cyndi Lauper fans? Looking for a price for this single.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by RubberBallMan, Jul 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubberBallMan

RubberBallMan Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’ve got a Cyndi Lauper single (Goonies R Good Enough) which I may want to sell in the future.
    This single comes with the free fan card.
    There’s only a few copies on popsike going for £20 and ebay for £200. This is where I need your help to determine the price of this single.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Popsike has a history of sales so that would be a better guide. Anyone can ask for gazillions for an item on ebay but it that may have no relation to the what it may be "worth". Did you look for a listing on Discogs?

3. RubberBallMan

4. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

When you say "going for" on Ebay...do you mean actual sold listings? Or are you saying that people are asking 200 pounds? Just looked at Sold auctions on Ebay UK and the highest this single has sold for was 20 pounds. Less the Hype sticker on the picture sleeve and less the fan card that came with it. And that was back in April...things have changed in the last 3 months with the Covid virus. Most recent only sold for 5 pounds. I don't think the hype sticker and fan card bring that up to what the one seller is "asking" for at close to 200 pounds. Hope that helps.

Lost In The Flood and tmtomh like this.
  5. Garson

Garson Enthusiast

Look at the US press. Not going for much. Sure this has a “fan card” but I can’t imagine a huge market for this item. It’s worth something to someone and it sounds like that person might be you. You spent time posting this and creating a discogs page. You clearly found it to be unique

6. RubberBallMan

I put it on for sale for £20 and a buyer offered me £33 which I’m thrilled about.

Apollo C. Vermouth likes this.
  7. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Well done!

RubberBallMan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.