DAC upgrade for Martin Logan 11a. Help please!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Miami1, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miami1

Miami1 New Member Thread Starter

Hi.
    I bought the MLs this year and will add the new DAC in 2020. My current DAC is a very old Chinese model. The integrated amp/pre output of 320 at 4 ohms easily handles the MLs.
    Budget is 5k used or new. No tubes. Would like to continue the musicality, and mid range clarity of the MLs. I very much like the ML sound.
    Your help in getting a short list is appreciated.
    thanks

2. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Well, it would help if you listed exactly what model DAC you have, and what you are running into it (=what is your digital source(s)? And what connection(s) needed: USB? Optical? Coax?). And what integrated model. Also PICTURES of your room, because spending $5k you might well get a lot more impact via room treatment or possibly moving up to ML 13a. Or maybe changing your digital source, possibly while changing the DAC also. I had Martin Logans in a listening room where I used to work and liked those :agree:

3. Miami1

Miami1 New Member Thread Starter

The DAC is a "City Pulse" Reference series. It was purchased in China in 2007. Sound from it is simply inadequate now that I have the MLs. Source is a Windows 10 PC. USB is a must have. The integrated, again from China is a "Classic No 6" again purchased in China. Speakers are in living room where the only allowed room correction/treatment is the Anthem Room Correction. Room is 20 by 20 with vaulted ceiling and filled with furniture. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.