Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Interview article w/Tom Bergeron about abrupt firing from DWTS. Since I hadn't viewed it in roughly a decade give or take, I was surprised when I tuned in this season & he wasn't host. :confused::eek::laugh:
    I can't say that I'm overly surprised by it, though - I'd imagine he's far removed from the target demographics, but I'm no pollster or influencer, so what do I know?! :winkgrin::shrug: I think I was more surprised that it was that many years since I'd last viewed it! I have to say I am enjoying it, so far, this season. :D:thumbsup:

Tom Bergeron Reflects on Being 'Fired' from DWTS After 28 Seasons: 'I Wasn't Surprised'

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  4. shokhead

I'm old but I think they have made the show feel stupid with Banks.

MikaelaArsenault and jpelg like this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

6. LilacTeardrop

I'm not surprised & figuring based on how community demographics are proportioned, not much discussion on this show. Oh my gosh, this was begun in 2016?
    Plunging forward anyway. :laugh::winkgrin: My take-aways this week:

Enjoyed the double, Disney performance nights very much ~ I'm glad I tuned in this season. I'm vaguely reminded that I think I'd thought back when I watched about 5 or 6 early seasons that to me it seems the male contestants (up until the point of this season, anyway, the men) are @ a disadvantage since they lead. Tuesday night, more so than Monday, they really brought it, though. I enjoyed several of their performances, including Jimmie Allen, & Iman. I'm pleased to see Melora Hardin doing so well, as she's one of the contestants I'm familiar with & why I'd tuned in. The other being Melanie C & I'm disappointed that I'm thinking she's not going to be making it to the end of the competition. I was very happy that Suni Lee did so well on Tuesday. She is young & seems a little unsure/uncomfortable with bringing "steaminess" to the table which I find sweetly charming, but may likely hinder her. I think that Lori Laughlin's daughter, Olivia Jade w/her partner Val, has an edge; she does seem to have a more elevated performance & execution. I think I may even have thought then & now, that who you're paired with is quite important to the outcome, too. I do think that their abilities & choreographies play a large role. I am a little confused by Amanda Kloots being in the competition, as I thought she'd been on Broadway & so doesn't she then have at least some dancing background (which would seem to me to be at least some bit of an unfair advantage, or disqualifier.) I hadn't cared for Brian Austin Greene or his partner, who's apparently, a real-life partner at all, just didn't take to either of them, so I wasn't sorry to see them be eliminated. And, I concurred that the other couples in the elimination round belonged there. The female contestant who was so excited to be saved, reminds me of (singer) Vanessa Williams, though younger. I put the singer qualifier in, (even though she does also act) b/c I think (?) there might be an actress w/the same name, but really not sure.

Someone earlier menioned all the advertisements & I"m finding the amount of pushing of ABC's programming schedule is quite annoying, but eh...it gives me time to do other little quick things; this is the type of entertainment content that I don't have to be rivited, deeply focused & concentrating.
    ~ Anybody? :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  7. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I admire how Tom Bergeron took the high road in that interview. He was’t judgmental, he praised the show, but also got his point across that he was not in alignment with the new producers in terms of the content of the show. Classy.

8. MikaelaArsenault

9. MikaelaArsenault

10. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

11. shokhead

She was pretty good I thought

12. LilacTeardrop

I was sad to see Melanie C be eliminated, though I'd already sensed that she wouldn't be going much longer by last week, despite my voting for her! :sigh::winkgrin: My allegiances had already been tipping toward Melora, Amanda & Suni, as well & they've also been getting my votes. Of the fellas, Jimmie's been stepping up & out more consistenly & earning votes each week from me, too. I was very pleased w/Suni's performance this week! This bit of lighthearted entertainment this particular week was sorely needed & appreciated, too!

Olivia Newton John looks a little more frail, but still good; hope she's continuing to do alright in the fight.:thumbsup:

13. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

With so many contestants at 36/40, I had a feeling that when viewer votes came into play, it would be dangerous. Just like what GoldDerby said.

14. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

What makes you think that?

15. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

She looked very stressed in her "package" and the show is quickly becoming the "Olivia Jade/Jo-Jo Show", which she likely sensed and saw no point in continuing.

16. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Except you don't actually leave the show before elimination, unless you make the decision to withdraw.

17. shokhead

Olivia being protected imo

18. MikaelaArsenault

19. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

I will try to catch Amanda and or Suni Lee, the rest are just a waste. Tyra Banks please, just go away. Bergeron was much better. Four judges is one to many. Keep Len and whichever other two is all good. Once Amanda dances I'm out for the night. I just flip stations till she does her thing and then I'm gone.

20. LilacTeardrop

Make-up artists had their work cut out for them & did a fantastic job for horror night.
    Jimmie Allen & Emma's performance w/the film of their choice A Quiet Place being the backdrop was so Very Impressive, only to be topped by the Magnificent!! :righton: performane of Iman & his partner, Daniela, who was also spectacular & the choreography job she did was remarkable! Definitely dance of the night, of the season & ooh, tough to follow that. I guess it would be called contemporary interpretative dance - I'm not positive about that; reason being that Tyra is an awful host :eek::thumbsdow- she's jabbering constantangly, super-hyper, fast. I'm either missing what she's saying or just tuning her out b/c she's so annoying. Jeesh, it's like she's desperate to draw attention to herself -that's not what a good host does.
    Melora, sad to say, I agree w/a couple of the judges, playing it too safe; it's like she's doing the same gimmick now & while it was good, it's become repetitive, & so, lacking originality & creativity. I was glad Suni was saved from being eliminated, I thought the Miz would've been in the last 2 couples. I do agree w/impressions that Olivia Jade's not getting the home votes b/c people don't like her, not due to technical abilities & the chorography Val does.
    Amanda turned in a very good performance. I missed Melanie C. being in the competition - I didn't think she'd last to the end, but also didn't feel she deserved being eliminated last week; others should have been before her.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  21. MikaelaArsenault

Next week will not be a double elimination, but the 2 weeks after that will be.

shokhead and LilacTeardrop like this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

23. MikaelaArsenault

24. shokhead

25. MikaelaArsenault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.