Dark Phoenix (2019)-New Trailer!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Interesting that you'd rate Dark Phoenix higher than FFH. What did you not like about the Spider-Man sequel?

2. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Last night the wife and I were going to rent DP. All we could find was to buy it for 20 bucks so we went with our next choice Captain Marvel. Turned it off 2/3 through. I did not expect it to be that bad. Have not seen the other three.

You can't call it russian roulette when there is a round in every chamber.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Kiddies film.

4. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I saw it in 3D

5. alexpop

Where art thou 3D media then ?

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Listed as a 3D movie in wiki.

I have the blu-ray on the way to me. I have skipped a lot of the Marvel films in the theater and on disc. . . the Ant-Man ones, the End Game, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, the new Spider-man ones . . . . But I loved "X-Men Fist Class" and I like looking at Sophie and will watch this one.

7. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

For whatever reason they are not releasing it in 3D for home use.

alexpop likes this.
  8. alexpop

Sign it’s not worth their attention. Pity.

9. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Maybe it will be released in 3D at a later date, so that fans will have to buy it again? I don't know whether something like that usually happens, just speculating.

10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

It happens all too often.
    And the 3D conversion on this was very good when I saw it in the theater.

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Not likely. Fox has essentially bailed on 3D - "Alita" was 3D in the US because Cameron wanted it - and "Phoenix" was a bomb.

They're not gonna put out a re-release of an unpopular movie in a dying format...

12. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

But if a dying format is ever going to rise from the flames...:)

alexpop likes this.
  13. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Grabbed the blu-ray today and noticed it’s presented as “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” rather than just “Dark Phoenix.” Wasn’t that the title in pre-production/initial trailers?

14. alexpop

Rise Like A Phoenix- Conchita Wurst. :D

PH416156 and The Hud like this.
  15. Oatsdad

I dunno when Fox decided to just call it "Dark Phoenix". Seemed like an odd choice to me, though I'd bet it was the writer/director's preference.

I surmise they dubbed the video release "X-Men: DP" because they probably blamed the movie's commercial performance on the lack of "X-Men" in the title...

16. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Watching the special features on X-Men: Dark Phoenix - this is a damn fine movie and I hope it finds its audience on home video.

alexpop likes this.
  17. alexpop

Yeah ! Think that’s a more appropriate medium. I’ll certainly buy it.

18. alexpop

Dark Phoenix.
    Picked up the DVD( half the price of the BD steelbook). Fine little movie, not a patch on the great X-Men 2.

19. alexpop

Set in 1992 : Raven /Mystique gets killed.
    Wouldn’t that affect the character in later time zones ?

Chrome_Head likes this.
  20. Chrome_Head

The timeline of the movies was reconfigured by 2014's Days Of Future Past film. But yeah, it doesn't really make a damn bit of sense, especially as prominent as Rebecca Romijn's Mystique was in the Bryan Singer movies.

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

Looks like the X-Men will get a reboot now there part of MCU..will the existing actors still be involved?

22. Chrome_Head

Other than Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool, it's doubtful.

Though I did see an online rumor video (take this very much with a grain of salt) that Marvel Studios are trying to coax Hugh Jackman back to the Wolverine role in the MCU, and to cross him over with some of the Avengers characters in their movies.

23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I hope not. They need to start over. Last two movies were sub-par, with Dark Phoenix being pretty bad, imo. There are a few of the actors who are okay in these roles, but it wouldn't make much sense to take some and replace others. Best to start over.

But I'm feeling burned out on the MCU anyway.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  24. Oatsdad

Yeah, these movies make total hash of any timeline. From what I know, we're supposed to still accept the 2000 and 2003 movies as part of the altered timeline - it's just "Last Stand" that's moot.

Which makes no sense since 2 of the characters in the 2000 and 2003 movies die here! :wtf:

Of course, it's still bizarre that we're supposed to accept Charles and Erik as sexagenarians here, too, since they do nothing to make McAvoy and Fassbender look older than they actually are.

The decision to set each "First Class" cast X-Men about 10 years after the last is cute in theory but it doesn't work in reality. There's no logical reason "DP" needs to take place 30 years after "First Class"!

alexpop likes this.
  25. alexpop

Still prefer The Last Stand to Dark Phoenix, the best thing in DP was the end train scene/fight, even that was unremarkable in comparison with the 2006 film.

agentalbert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.