Dark Waters movie...How's your PFOA feel?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tim Lookingbill, Dec 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male Thread Starter

Saw "Dark Waters" movie last night at my local cinema. Thought it was more informative than entertaining, but the information turned it more into a horror movie. Not very festive for the holidays to say the least seeing it states according to blood draws 99% of all the humans on the planet have now been exposed to the DuPont toxin PFOA used in the process of making Teflon and other products we use made by the company. The history on this chemical is outlined in detail that disturbingly points out what Dupont and the government did in not letting folks in the Dupont West Virginia manufacturing plant know about this toxin.

What I've been trying to find out is just how much is too much PFOA in the blood and the effects to look for. NIH addresses this chemical but it's quite dense so I just gave up the search and the read.

I did check online and found the movie is quite factual except for some interpretations for dramatic purposes.

It's a good movie similar to "Erin Brockovich" only not as entertaining in my opinion. I urge you to see this movie, REALLY! It's scary!

Thoughts and opinions welcomed and any additional info on PFOA that's understandable and not a long read would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.