David Bowie art from Ontario landfill sets $50K auction record,

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Stump, Jun 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stump

Stump Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I'm not much of an art guy, but I do love Bowie, and I have to admit that looks pretty cool. I have a few paintings and I like them a lot.

But for $10,000 you could buy his entire music catalog multiple times over. Even a full set of those coveted RCA CDs won't cost you more than $2,000, even if you pay more than $100 for some of them (which you shouldn't). He has, what, close to 30 albums? Not counting singles, live albums, etc. Not only is the physical object a form of art in itself, there's also days' worth of music to go along with it.

That painting is cool, but if it wasn't painted by David Bowie the musician, best known for his music, it would probably fetch $50 or less. I might buy it if it was offered to me for $30, but all of the emotional impact I'm going to get out of that painting I got by looking at a photo of it. But that's just me.

Stump likes this.
  3. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

It's bid up to $80,000 already. Yikes. I thought I overpaid the CSR Aladdin Sane at over $150. (I did, it can be had for half that price. But still.)

4. Stump

$80,000 Is a bargain for a priceless piece of art..Its a lot of money if you don't have any but nothing to those who are Super Rich.Nice to buy as a family heirloom..

5. Stump

Bidding has concluded on this item.
    Price Realized: $108,120.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.