David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

So far I have received every cd with the exception of the last one (ups ticket generated, no tracking yet). What is really frustrating is that I was able to order a cd box in the initial offering and it never arrived. I followed up with customer service, they apologized and sent me a replacement order which I never received. Last week they issued me a refund noting that the cd box is not available and offered me a 15% off code. I’m going to try to get one when they reissue more. I really don’t want to overpay on eBay.

2. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I hope you can use the discount on the box, because they don't allow it on media, only the overpriced tatty merch.

Cat People and LonesomeDayBlues like this.
  3. Ouisch

Ouisch Forum Resident

Has anyone that ordered the box from Warner Music Canada seen hide or hair of it? Their website used to say the boxes would be shipping end of January 2021, but now says "early 2021". I've received everything I've ordered from them (so far - knock on wood), but haven't had any communication from them at all for any item (your item has shipped, tracking numbers, etc) since the initial "order confirmed" emails.

4. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

But they said they were going to print more? Why refund and why didn’t you just email
    Them saying you were happy to wait? This sounds like they may not be planning a re press of the boxes.

this is a strange release as the first two releases took a while to sell out, especially the CD so it seems to me the marketing has been 110% successful. It’s created a desire for these releases way above those of us that usually buy these and listen to them!

5. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

Mine has been in shipped status for nearly 3 weeks with no information when I search the tracking number.....it wouldn't bother me so much if I only knew if an item ended up lost that they could replace it.

Curveboy likes this.
  6. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

They sent the refund automatically. I didn't request it at all and would have preferred to keep my order in. I think because they tried to issue a replacement order (and new confirmation number) and then they didn't have the box they just decided to refund me.

7. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

I'm so glad we've finally gotten "O Superman" in excellent quality. This was such an unexpected delight on the 1997 tour.

(It's also gotten me to revisit Laurie Anderson's Big Science, an LP I didn't get the first time I tried to listen to it, 15-20 years ago, but that completely clicks for me now.)

8. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

Got my LATM from Rhino today. Sounds great!

Daniel Plainview and Curveboy like this.
  9. Packblower

Packblower Lovely form, lovely buttocks.

Don’t want to suggest the same thing will happen to you, but my order for Ouvrez from November was cancelled yesterday by Warner Canada after chasing and being assured that it would be sent out in late January. Bit sore at having to pay through the nose for it on the second hand market but there we go.

Ouisch likes this.
  10. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Tufnel Is God

I would sign up for the e-mail reminders on the Rhino site if I was missing any releases , you never know how many they'll get returned with all the mail chaos and extra charges .

11. Ouisch

Ouisch Forum Resident

Ouch. That sucks, sorry to hear that. By total fluke Ouvrez is the one CD I ordered from the Bowie US store because I didn't even know Warner Music Canada had a website you could buy from until someone mentioned it here. Guess I dodged a bullet. I did get my No Trendy and LAW from Warner Canada (no shipping notice or anything, they just showed up), but haven't heard anything about the box. Fingers crossed I guess!

12. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

Talking of dig! stores, someone on Kooks fan site posted this intriguing message and in the 37 comments made, Mark Adams also kind of affirms that something is going on, possibly tomorrow:

'Psssst..... keep this between us okay? Just noticed.....DIG! has cleared its Bowie pages of all sold out BLA merchandise.... looks quite empty.... [​IMG]Now, what could that possibly mean I wonder?[​IMG] Seriously, Paddy DON'T tell the 'others' (not in this group).....[​IMG]'

Facebook Groups

13. ecoutez

ecoutez Forum Resident

Just catching up on this thread. I had no idea that #4, Look At The Moon, had been released. I normally receive an official release email and buy it then. No email this time and now I've missed it. They are going for silly money on the usual sites. Always amazes me that record companies on the one hand complain about how difficult it is to make money yet, on the other, regularly allow scalpers to make a nice tidy profit. Grrrr.

Edit: reading through the previous pages I had no idea it had sold out in 18 hours! Also, other people have made my point...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Curveboy and PacificOceanBlue like this.
  14. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

What I don't understand is that I'm Only Dancing + the other two rsd releases from last year were limited to about the same number as the individual titles here but are readily available (even in high street shops) and as cheap as chips! There is some hype that has built up making these releases seem more desirable than they should be IMO.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  15. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident Thread Starter

Unbelievable...Why would Warner Canada take pre-orders and then cancel them months later?

If I have to pay hundreds for Ouvrez after what I've already paid for the rest of this set, I'm going to be pissed.

16. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

These things happen! They over sell an item due to a system glitch and then, when an item is totally sold out, don't have enough to go around. Seems very strange in this case as Ouvrez took quite some time to sell out. There are 20 Australians still waiting for Liveandwell CD's. Warner au are telling us they are "expecting them" but I'm now feeling that it is unlikely they will arrive! I agree that it's very annoying but it is easy to see how it happens.

Alan57 likes this.
  17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Got my Moon stuffs from Rhino today. Another great show. I love the "Fame" performances especially. Gonna miss you, Earthling era. Okay, bring on #5.

Curveboy and walrus like this.
  18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

What's Bowie talking about at the start of Spaceboy? I saw him talk about "the lights" on the MTV 10 spot and thought he was reporting something to the security crew, but then he did it at lots of oyher shows too. ???

19. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident Thread Starter

You would think it would be simple enough for a computer system to keep track of how many are in stock and how many have been ordered...But I guess not. :sigh:

20. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

You would have thought so but it’s multiple countries and multiple companies and multiple buying options so it must be very easy to make an error. I assume the Australian Liveandwell CD + LP went through as LP only on the system and hence they were short on the CD?

21. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

It'd be nice if they just dropped the last two and got this adventure over with

Fabrice Outside and Cat People like this.
  22. Mikewest

Mikewest Forum Resident

Who buys the t-shirts , mugs, etc , seriously anyone on here ?

23. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

The T-shirts with the setlists on are particularly odd, to me, in the sense that they were clearly manufactured after the live event they represent. Even a stranger, with no knowledge of the BLA series, could work out that the setlist probably wouldn’t be known in advance.

24. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

what do you care who buys or doesn’t buy.

xTraPlaylists likes this.
  25. Packblower

Packblower Lovely form, lovely buttocks.

The reasoning I got - and have no reason to doubt it - is that a consignment of Ouvrez got lost:

"Due to an inventory error at our warehouse, a portion of the Ouvrez Le Chien LP have been misplaced. We are working to secure additional stock to fulfill your order. Unfortunately this will mean the product will not arrive to our warehouse until the end of January early February. We're pushing to receive it as soon as possible. "