David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

95-04 was his last live decade.

Bink likes this.
  2. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Yes, I meant the last 10 years. I guess it was 9 actually.

Why would your heart sink when he sang Drive in Saturday? Didn't you like it??

Dr. Nick likes this.
  3. jabbo5150

jabbo5150 Forum Resident

Is there any place still selling the Something in the Air CD for something somewhat close to retail? I somehow missed the email about this one.

Still have not received LATM either. Says it was shipped but I have the same USPS message others have received. Ugh.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  4. Fabrice Outside

Fabrice Outside Forum Resident

well we don't need to pinpoint days/months/years...do we ? :laugh:

regarding Drive in Saturday , I absolutely loved it , glad it's ending up on cd and I find the mix/sound on Paris '99 really sweet ( can't judge on vol.5 yet obviously )
    Hours and the Hours " tour " don't always have good press , but overall I loved the show, come on people ! Repetition , Always crashing , Can't help, Word on a Wing.

certainly glad I saw it !

TheSeldomSeenKid, Dr. Nick and Bink like this.
  5. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Likely true on the latter, but not on the former. I say that because I was able to secure a secondary copy of LiveandWell when they were made available on the Bowie store during the LATM presale. I ordered a second copy because I was worried the Rhino copy would never show.

The copy from the Bowie store showed up before my copy from Rhino by at least a week, even though the Rhino copy was "shipped" weeks before. If they were shipped from the same place, I would assume they would at a minimum have shown up at the same time. I ended up giving the Rhino copy to a friend who was looking for it.

6. mythnormadman

mythnormadman Someone has to smoke the sky

Was I dreaming when I saw him live in 2005 and 2006?

7. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Well he didn’t tour those years just one-offs but if you want to be pedantic go for it.

8. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

They are sitting in a gaylord at the packing facility. They will be found in the next week or two when enough complaints roll in.

How do I know this? I work in manufacturing. These issues are like an in joke to all of us. You know how many times I've searched a warehouse for something, to find it sitting on the shipping dock? ...well, I haven't counted...but a lot of times.

Edit: I am also waiting for my Look at the Moon. Ordered CD and LP separately. They both shipped on the same day, and the LP got here a week ago. My USPS tracking also still shows not updates since that day, and it's not in their database.

TonyCzar and Curveboy like this.
  9. mythnormadman

mythnormadman Someone has to smoke the sky

I think they must of bought some titles on the secondary market to hit that heady price. Assuming BLA6 is priced the same as BLA5 then you could buy all six titles on BOTH CD and vinyl sets, including both boxes and 7 lots of shipping, for £257.09..
    ...or perhaps they are not UK based.

10. Roxy6

Roxy6 Forum Resident

No sure nowhere near.... I'd only bought the first four CD career sets, not the vinyl, (because I'd saved MY Bowie vinyls when I sold my lp Collection a few years ago.
    Box set prices:
    Five years and WCIBN I bought in England at HMV, when visiting friends, price around 120-130 pound
    ANCIANT I bought in Berlin around 135 Euro
    LTA I bought in The Netherlands also around 130- 140 euro
    Conversation piece I bought in England for around 89 pound.

I'm really curious if the management has the nerve to show up the BLA box filled with the 6 albums. (as some people are suggesting)
    Many people here would be in need off medical assistance and tranquilizers if such a thing happened......

Cat People and CheshireCat like this.
  11. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Tufnel Is God

From the first time I saw Bowie the live arrangements being different bothered me, for a moment , when you're waiting for a song and it's totally different , but , by the end of the song I was into it , I really like having these . I don't do the " unofficial stuff ", so I haven't heard some since the shows.

12. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

[QUOTE="I'm really curious if the management has the nerve to show up the BLA box filled with the 6 albums. (as some people are suggesting)
    Many people here would be in need off medical assistance and tranquilizers if such a thing happened......[/QUOTE]

oh boy wouldn't that be something. That would be a ballsy move for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I’ve seen just the box go
    for $120.00 on eBay. An empty box. Whomever brainstormed this )me clearly had a stroke. This whole process has been painful and idiotic.

14. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

So should we start directing our concerns to USPS or keep bugging Rhino until they do?

TheLoveDrags likes this.
  15. This onus is squarely on Rhino (the merchant), it may be time for us to dispute the charges with card provider. That may get their attention.

Curveboy likes this.
  16. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

this will be my next move- although Rhino charges the card immediately after the purchase I think.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  17. Precisely my point, we prepaid for our purchase about 6 or 7 weeks ago and have been advised by merchant of shipping almost a month ago, but none of the orders have been delivered. It may be the only recourse we have, for all of us to dispute the charge.

18. Jake362

I really don't want it to come to that I'd be more than happy to wait a good while if I was ensured it would be delivered eventually, but being left in the dark is not acceptable after nearly 4 weeks of having an inactive number, like just tell me it's been delayed but you'll get it. The worst part is that some folks are dealing with legit lost orders with no hope of receiving a replacement. Again, I wouldn't be so worried if I knew they could send a replacement in the event of lost orders.

19. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Totally agree. The problem with this darn set is that if you miss one, the incomplete box becomes an overpriced bookend. I know that's a bit overboard, but if I knew I could easily replace a missing set I wouldn't be so anxious about missing this one. Not to mention the 'thrill' of trying to get disc #6. Hell, if I wasn't up at 4am CT for disc 5 I probably wouldn't have even gotten that one.

Not saying anything new here, but this rollout has been nothing but frustrating.

steveinphilly and Joe the lion like this.
  20. Jake362

Dude, I had my alarm set for Friday morning and just happened to get up early to pee and happened to check....glad I did. Thank you, bladder.

21. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

The Bladder of Suburbia :D

22. Bladder Live Adventures . . .

:whistle:

Dreaddazzman, boboquisp and Jake362 like this.
  23. APhillyKid

APhillyKid Forum Resident

Completely off topic ... has anyone been listening to the iheart podcast about Bowie's life ?

24. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

LOOK AT THE MOON - Rhino list

Some info for anyone who can argue well for our behalf. Here is a list of members that are still waiting for their product that has bogus tracking info from the Rhino Shop.
    @Alofter
    @Jake362
    @Shvartze Shabbos
    @thetman
    @Adam Bosman
    @Dreaddazzman
    @jabbo5150
    @hubertfarnsworth
    @Bookpodder
    @deadbirdie
    @steveinphilly
    @will_b_free
    @TheLoveDrags
    @BradB
    @LonesomeDayBlues
    @DBMethos
    @Curveboy

Please feel free to add yourself to the list if I missed anyone along the way.
    Either theft in house has our product or it never made out the door. I say no way the post would loose that many packages and all of them Steve Hoffman forum members.

25. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

What's it called?