David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. APhillyKid

APhillyKid Forum Resident

off the record: David Bowie

The actual episodes are kinda lame. But after each one they have a bonus episode with some of the
    raw interviews that made up the episode. George Underwood, Dana Gillepsie, Phil Lancaster,
    Mary Finnegan, Michael Oberman, Cherry Vanilla, Tony Zanetta and ken scott.

They are up to pinups new episode every monday

2. What you’ll find is there are likely hundreds of people who are dealing with the same situation- not receiving a product that they prepaid for, and a less than credible explanation in the way of a scripted email reply. Some of us are here on the forum, but most aren’t.

NunoBento likes this.
  3. Innocent Smith

Innocent Smith Always crashing in the same car

Add me to the list.

4. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Same here. Got the shipping notification and the UPS tracking number on February 12th.

5. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

6. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

Done

7. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

And Done :righton:

Innocent Smith likes this.
  8. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Add me also to the list.

I still believe the trackings will eventually go live. As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I placed an order with Rhino in November, received a shipping notice about a week later and the tracking didn’t go live until approximately forty days later.

9. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Me too. Shipping notification in early February, dodgy tracking, still no CD. Online shopping at its finest...

10. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

Tracking numbers aside, if they are being handled by the post office, the very well could be sitting in a truck somewhere (even for 3 weeks) this has happened to me a couple of times lately with records. Of course I actually had good tracking numbers and could see where they were, I even got the post office involved trying to get some movement on them which was no help...

Dr. Nick likes this.
  11. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Same here. Ordered from Rhino. No movement.

12. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

Add me to the LATM Rhino waiting list

13. Phoncible

Phoncible Forum Resident

On a side note: Ouvrez Le Chien showing as "No longer available" on Apple Music (Germany) as of this morning. Only the single release of Teenage Wildlife is still on the Bowie profile page.

14. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

On deezer to? Wtf

15. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Forum Resident

Just regarding those career boxsets..
    I didn't buy any of the career spanning boxsets. I have the core albums on vinyl so I didn't want to duplicate by purchasing vinyl again.
    Since the CD sets have reduced in price I was considering picking them up but the first Five Years set is still going for crazy money (even on CD) from what I see, which puts me off getting the others.
    I don't suppose I am missing something here and Five Years is available for a reasonable price somewhere on CD?

Please don't mention cheap Chinese knock offs! :)

16. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

Yeah Roxy I find that hard to believe that they would 'stitch us up' in that fashion, despite all the madness so far...

Roxy6 likes this.
  17. Lonestar

Lonestar Well-Known Member

I've been looking every now and again for a while, and have seen nothing reasonably priced.

I only picked up the other 3 sets in the last year or so. Not desperate, as I have the individual albums, but would be nice to have all the sets at some point.

Sean Ryan likes this.
  18. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Forum Resident

Yes, it would bug me to be missing the first. A pity as the others are reasonably priced now.

Lonestar likes this.
  19. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Ouvrez Le Chien has disappeard from Spotify aswell...

20. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Would it be so bad if BLA was released as a full box set at the end of the run?

21. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

I'm there with you all in solidarity, but I ordered my LATM from the Bowie store (and already received it), because trying to get my LiveAndWell from Rhino was such a PITA (I did eventually receive it).

LiveAndWell is the only of these titles I'd ordered from Rhino up until Paris - and I only ordered Paris from them because I wasn't up at 5AM to grab it from the Bowie store, so it was my only choice. Not looking forward to the interminable wait on this one and good luck to everyone still waiting on LATM.

22. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Rhino told me to wait for 10 days to contact me again and gave me some canned response putting the blame on usps/ups.

Maybe we need to do the social media thing and put some pressure on them.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    DBMethos and deadbirdie like this.
  23. TheLoveDrags

TheLoveDrags Forum Resident

I ordered the first three from them and always had them before the next one came out...
    Until this fourth time.
    I am having the same issue.

thetman likes this.
  24. OneMoreCupOfCoffee

OneMoreCupOfCoffee Forum Resident

For most people, no. And it would be a hit to the scalpers, which is always a bonus. But the people who paid through the nose on ebay for a copy of one or more of the individual releases based on the limited availability would be rightly peeved.

Markyp, Roxy6, scobb and 5 others like this.
  25. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

While I absolutely wouldn't begrudge it from the perspective of getting copies to the people who want them, otherwise yes I don't think it would be appreciated by everyone who's had to slog through trying to get all this stuff individually + the shipping cost on each individual title.

I'd have been fine with it if they announced complete boxes would be available at the end of the campaign when the campaign was initially announced.