David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

David Bowie on Instagram: “BRILLIANT LIVE ADVENTURES AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER “It’s happening now…” DAVID BOWIE ‘BRILLIANT LIVE ADVENTURES’ - A SERIES OF SIX DAVID…”

Both will only be available via the David Bowie official store and Warner Music Group’s Dig! store.

Without a global pandemic retail stores wouldn't have been amused about a sizeable direct order distribution exclusively, but now when stores need business more than ever Warner/Par£ophon€'$ middle finger to them cannot be denied.

I'm seriously considering a pass on all because of this.

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Over $100 for a record, a CD, and two empty boxes and they cant even offer free shipping? Sheesh. And.odds of boxes surviving the postal service?

This is punishment for lackluster "Loving The Alien" sales.

3. footprintsinthesand

GBP 25.14 for one Ouvrez cd shipped, plus exchange rates. No thanks I'll find another way.

Halloween_Jack likes this.
  4. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Did they charge your Credit Card right away, or will they wait until Shipping to charge your Credit Card? If they charge you right away for preordering, do they also have a Paypal option?

5. Bandersson

Bandersson Slightly worn, but dignified

£18.50 all in all ... for the cd. Shudder to think what it'll cost from the official store, then.

I'm embarrassed for them, to be honest.

Halloween_Jack likes this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

$115. Damn. Well, they got my money.

So six records at $40 + $20 box =$260 plus tax and shipping. Amazing. I am a sucker to be sure.

Pray they dont give the next box this piecemeal treatment.

gamuzajoe likes this.
  7. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

The CD slipcase box has sold out at the Bowie store!

8. Daniel Plainview

Well, now I dont feel so dumb for wasting no time and throwing my money away.

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

There has been another way, as you can stream Ouvrez.
    Me, well I am a Bowie Collector, so I want the Physical Product, but YMMV.
    Just keep in mind how much in price 'Is It Any Wonder' for CD and Vinyl have gone crazy high, if you think the price for Ouvrez is too much now, so you can pay now, or really pay a lot later once both the CD and Vinyl sells out. The Outer Boxes are nice to have as an option for secure storage(assuming these Boxes are of decent quality) for those people, who plan to buy all or most of the CDs or Vinyl Records.

10. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

I know this is completely the opposite of what most people here are interested in, but do you think the 6 shows will be available on streaming services (noting Ouvre Le Chien already is), as well as physical?

Looking to save some shelf space and leave a CD for someone who really wants it!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  11. footprintsinthesand

Good.
    I hope they'll get loads 'n' loads of returns when these empty boxes don't reach their destinations intact. Chances are ...

gamuzajoe likes this.
  12. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Just letting it be known that I, too, am a part of the "sucker club." Pre-ordered the LP and LP box.

FLF likes this.
  13. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I signed up for the email list (I must have unsubbed at some point) and it gave me a 15% coupon that worked on the box but not the LP. Lol... :crazy:

I really would have preferred to buy these at my local store. They better box up those boxes properly... :waiting:

14. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

I’m hoping they’re clearing the decks for something really worthwhile in the big box.

croquetlawns and gamuzajoe like this.
  15. obi

obi Forum Resident

I’m getting these on CD only; pre-ordered CD slipcase and “Ouvrez Le Chien”.

16. footprintsinthesand

€ 27.73 x 6 cds = 166.38 for only six cds, no box, probably cheapo digisleeves.

How clear can a bad deal be? Plus I believe in retail stores and support them.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  17. dch

dch Well-Known Member

Amazon UK seem to have a holding page for the CD so maybe it's just the Slipcase and Vinyl that are exclusive to Bowie store/Dig!

Anyway, I ordered them both ; )
    Too much Bowie is never enough.

Kuffdam likes this.
  18. Roxy6

Roxy6 Forum Resident

I tried to pre-order it in Warners Music store, but in the search button: David Bowie -Ouvrez le Chien cd... gives no results

ODShowtime likes this.
  19. Roxy6

Roxy6 Forum Resident

in the Bowie store the cd Ouvrez Le Chien is 14,95 euro

20. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

The CDs and vinyl will be limited but will there be infinite availability of digital downloads?

21. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

There are so many new, live Bowie releases it's hard to keep up with them. There is a 10 CD boxset for sale at Amazon of Bowie's live performances from 1978 to 1990. Are there any threads about that one at this forum? Does anyone have it?

22. TheSeldomSeenKid

Yes, that is a high price for you, but for those of us in the US, the US Bowie Store the CD price is a lot less at $16. The Vinyl at the US Bowie Store is expensive though at $40.

23. footprintsinthesand

Shipped ? Can you supply a link ?

24. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I didn't even notice at first, but my email confirmation says both items will ship on December 11 (which is when the box ships). I would have ordered them separately to be honest to get the LP sooner... :doh:

25. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

i will buy them at a music shop in my city Lp and cd are not limited edition?