David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Bowie1979

Bowie1979 Forum Resident

Hoping for this as well

2. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Yeah, as much as I'd want it I couldn't justify $17 for a piece of cardboard. The CD's on their own will be OK.

Roxy6 and paulybauls like this.
  3. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Not according to the official info. It was pretty clear these are exclusive to the official stores

AZRunner, vlad676, Wild Frank and 3 others like this.
  4. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

When I saw this topic this morning I was thinking of taking some time tonight to figure out what exactly was going on or wait a few days until seeing the announcement on a couple of other sites (SDE?). But I'm away working a bit, return and suddenly there's all this frenzy of 1 title being on sale and (almost?) sold out already. So now I've hastily put in my pre-order, not taking any time to think about it properly.
    *sigh*
    This forum sometimes... ;)
    (But yeah, if this title eventually does become available in regular record stores I might buy any following titles there instead of paying extra for shipping each time)

timnor likes this.
  5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

had to order just the cd this time, which is a real bummer. can't afford more than that and so many artists are releasing so much at one time here.
    way too many new releases from everybody. impossible to keep up with it all and bowie's estate is actually putting out a lot in my opinion, and i
    just simply can't afford to keep up with anything anymore. terrible timing, with all these last minute releases so close to the end of the year too!

downright depressed that i won't be able to get the vinyl and collect them as well, especially since this is my favorite era of his.

just way too many artists releasing so much in these last couple months of the year...not everyone is rich enough to keep up....ugh
    i feel defeated and sad with it all

steveinphilly likes this.
  6. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

No it won't be "widely available".....don't give people false hope, it clearly states it's limited. Sort of like "Is it Any Wonder" which if i remember one of the formats sold in a few days and then the other format was right behind that a little later....and i don't recall seeing those available in any store....unless i'm wrong...

dtuck90 and vlad676 like this.
  7. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

"The first three albums and the special limited edition boxes will be released pre-Christmas"

To translate :

They give to everyone all three streamed albums (including brand new LiveAndWell Expanded album) before Christmas + empty Limited Edition box as a Christmas gift for the die-hard fans.

About LiveAndWell from official site:

"DAVID BOWIE LIVEANDWELL.COM is a live album, previously only available in limited quantities to BowieNet subscribers in 2000 and expanded for this edition to include two bonus tracks; Pallas Athena and V-2 Schneider"

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  8. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

“Parlophone Records is proud to announce release details for DAVID BOWIE 'BRILLIANT LIVE ADVENTURES' a series of six live albums from the 1990s which will be released on vinyl and CD as limited one run only pressings.”

That sounds pretty clear to me.

This is exactly what happened with Is It Any Wonder?

it was stated it was exclusive then misinformation was spread that it wasn’t and people ended up being disappointed when it sold out

Disco Biscuits likes this.
  9. nodisco

nodisco Forum Resident

The LP box is sold out in the european shop but still available in the US one.
    I've bought 'Ouvrez le chien' in LP and CD, 56€ including shipping to Italy is not too expensive, honestly.
    I'll wait for the other five live albums, don't know if I'll buy them all

10. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

Yes, but they will "limit" these release to 10 000+ copies based on Is It Any Wonder experience, and even more for CD.

11. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Exactly, and I missed out on ‘Is It Any Wonder’ not realizing how limited the quantity would be, so I just placed 2 separate orders, since the CD Box will not be shipped until December 11th, and did not want the CD & Vinyl in that same order, even though my Shipping is most likely higher, I want the CD & Vinyl Shipped in late October,

It does suck that we have to pay shipping for each release, as wish all of these Titles would have just been placed in a Box Set and one shipping cost, as this is a rip off, but I am not going to buy all of the Vinyl Records, but plan to buy all of the CDs(which is why I only bought the CD Box, and since someone mentioned the U.K. Bowie Store already sold out the CD Box, I did not hesitate to get my order in with the US Bowie Store.

Edit-Now the CD Box is also sold out on the US Bowie Store, so glad I got my order placed just in time.

Cat People, vlad676 and gamuzajoe like this.
  12. So wait, then we DO have to pay separate shipping on each (separate) CD???!!!!

Or are they going to be widely available??

Tons of conflicting info in this thread.

13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Not really. His sound changed so much during those years and he had a great band. It's perhaps a little bit overkill, but I wouldn't say any of it is bottom of the barrel type stuff.

Tim Bucknall and obi like this.
  14. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

When they teased an announcement this week my money was on a 1970 boxset! So when I read about this this morning I was intrigued.

However as I posted this morning I am more interested in concert films than just audio (I haven't even listened to the Glastonbury cds because I always play the dvd).

That said, I would be interested in an Earthling era live album that includes the Tao Jones index set. I have a bootleg of the Hannover Grand show - the first official show of the Earthling tour. If I could get a better sounding version of this then I would be happy as I play it quite often.

I am taking these releases on a case by case basis. So when thinking about Ouvrez Le Chein, I am asking myself if I need this. Perhaps if it was made available more easily I might have put it on my Christmas list. Having said that, when I look on Amazon I see there is a grey market release from the same leg of the Outside tour. And it appears to offer more than this release. I have listened to audio clips of each release and I can't find a hugely significant difference. Maybe someone who has heard both in detail will let me know their thoughts?

I have bootleg dvds of the Loreley Festival from the '96 tour and it's one of my favourite Bowie dvds which covers pretty much all the really interesting tracks from that leg of the tour.

I also have a bootleg dvd of the 50th Birthday concert. Let's hope it gets an official release.

And I have a bootleg dvd of the Paris '99 show. A better quality dvd would be great but I don't really need to get the Something in the Air cd which will presumably be part of this series.

I think I would have preferred a 1970 boxset after all.

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  15. ShockOfDaylight

ShockOfDaylight Forum Resident

...and the slip case is already sold out, what a joke.
    Why can’t they just release things like normal, I’m so sick of all this exclusive stuff,
    But then A pointless Visconti MWSTW remix gets a wide release.

16. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

Sorry for some of my previous posts, I was too optimistic , I have to remove them but I don't know how (please help me with info how to remove the post).

Indeed the important point here:

VINYL, CD ... AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY VIA THE DAVID BOWIE OFFICIAL STORE & WARNER MUSIC GROUP’S DIG! STORE

p.s. the empty boxes are not available anymore (sold out)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Curveboy likes this.
  17. weirdoc

weirdoc Forum Resident

Looks like the last two songs from the streaming-release were ommited from the physical releases, right? I know, they are from a different gig, but why did they put it on the streaming version in the first place and leave it out now? :confused:
    Running time is 67 min now, the two tracks would have fitted I guess... so no Moonage Daydream then :cry:
    :shrug:

18. JRCJOHNNY99

JRCJOHNNY99 Well-Known Member

I don't know why people keep posting that these will be available in stores;
    It's right there on the website

Parlophone Records is proud to announce release details for DAVID BOWIE 'BRILLIANT LIVE ADVENTURES' a series of six live albums from the 1990s which will be released on vinyl and CD as limited one run only pressings. There will also be special limited edition boxes for both vinyl and CD to house the full collection. The albums and boxes will only be available via the David Bowie official store and Warner Music Group’s Dig! store.

I thought I had actually seen some numbers posted this morning, either on an email or on the website, but I don't see them now;
    I'm sure I saw the vinyl was limited to 4000

Curveboy, weirdoc and vlad676 like this.
  19. JRCJOHNNY99

JRCJOHNNY99 Well-Known Member

I knew I hadn't dreamt this....it was on the email this morning

[​IMG]

Disco Biscuits, obi, Curveboy and 4 others like this.
  20. gamuzajoe

gamuzajoe Forum Resident

Either the full Birmingham gig is going to be released or a change of plans have now placed the two tracks on Re:Call 5, where they didn’t fit previously. My money is (literally) on the second.

21. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Who is, who can afford to be one these days? :shrug:

AlienRendel, sortvinyl and johnnyyen like this.
  22. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

Interesting point in the music industry for me as a lifelong physical media buyer. With the limited edition releases, shipping cost, production issues and all around hassle for the consumer, as a Tidal subscriber I’m not going physical and will stream. I can’t even begin to estimate what I’ve spent supporting record company product in over 40 years, but they’ve just about lost me.

I spent too much energy this year scrambling for these kind of releases, and I’m done.

Happy for the Bowie fans, but if this is the future of the industry keeping me as a customer I can’t do it. I’ll stream. I NEVER in a million years expected to say that. Kind of sad.

23. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

I guess having Gail Ann Dorsey's mic muted on the first part of Under Pressure was a no go promo for streaming, but it's quite alright for cd/vinyl.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  24. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Thanks for sharing this!

Only 6000 CDs and 4000 LPs...
    that is not much and means I have to preorder every album as soon as it is announced

25. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident Thread Starter

How are the slip case boxes already sold out?!

scobb and Markyp like this.